Gundam characters you're GLAD died

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
HalfDemonInuyasha

Gundam characters you're GLAD died

As the title says, are there any Gundam characters whose death you were HAPPY about? And I mean besides the dastardly villain characters like Gihren, Bask, Jamitov, Iron Mask, and so on that most probably would, lol. Give any reasons too, if possible (besides just being an annoying character, just not liking them much, or something like that, lol).

And this is NOT a "I wish <whoever> would die" thread, so try not to start up such things. Only characters who ACTUALLY did die in any Gundam series.

Personally, as I'm sure some saw me mention at one point or another, I was glad (or at least didn't really care either way) that Katz and Quess died, lol.

With Katz, I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at first given his actions reflected a bit of Kamille when he first started out, so I thought that maybe he might eventually grow out of it after a few episodes and become a better pilot like Kamille did. Nope. Just kept up his immaturity, emotional tantrums, arrogance, insubordination, non-approved sorties, and so on, even more so when Sarah was involved, so when he finally gets shot down by Yazan because he stupidly thought he could fight the Hambrabi in the dinky little Core Fighter of the G-Defenser, despite Emma telling him to leave after he separated, I just couldn't help but think, "You REALLY deserved that, you moron. Good riddance".

With Quess...she simply just didn't really add anything to CCA, IMO. She felt completely random and unneeded. And considering Hathaway's Flash isn't currently canon, we can't even say that her involvement and death was meant to springboard that story either. It could probably have worked better had CCA been a series itself or at least a short OVA series like 0080 or Unicorn, but as just 1 movie, there's really nothing there that really gives her much meaning to anything.

And, on a more personal bias level, yeah, I thought she was annoying on top of that, lol. I really don't see how Gyunei or Hathaway could have a crush on her. =P lol
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
Izayuukan

Re: Gundam characters you're GLAD died

Well, I can see this thread being locked for general ranting and massive spoilers, but until it does...

Katz. Bloody Katz. There has never been a character - villain, hero or otherwise - in any anime title I have ever watched in my entire life who I wanted to die as much as Katz, and whose death I cheered as much as I did for Katz's death. He flew into an asteroid. A mindless, meaningless, avoidable and - above all - entirely STUPID death. You gotta admit, it sums up the character nicely. He died the way he lived; as a loser person, an idiot pilot, and an incontrovertible waste of consumables.

Good. Riddance. To you.
Ouroboric

Quess is at least 10 times more annoying in the dub than the sub though. She had her purpose , more so to characterize what Char had become, and the results of people born in the globalized earth bureaucracy.I'm happy to see her die every time though i would agree,especially when only the dub was available, that voice actor was awful.

Flay from Seed i was quite happy to see die, she was a character who never really got utilized properly,and was kind of fading into the background as it was, and if Kira was a believable character and not Coordinator Jesus, her death probably would of not mattered as much as they made it, but it worked to give a final little bit of drama near the end of the show.

Katz deserved what he got for sure,he also deserved a Darwin award for that last stunt he pulled, at least Tomino understood that some people just suck and deserve their horrible fate.
Sacrosanct (man as microcosm)
Four temperaments (fuse) - statuesque entity
The fortitude of a pristine creature
Transcend tyranny- Quintessential Power
Arbiter GUNDAM

Just in Gundam? Okay.

Katz, Katz, bloody Katz, what more to say? Darwin Award agreement.

Those pricks Alex and Mueller from Gundam Wing. Y'know the murderous OZ aces who thought they could get one up on Zeches? Fact: The Lightning Count maybe low-rent Char but you do not screw with him.

Jamaican deserved what he got for his part in beating up Bright Noa. Karma sucks, huh Jamaican? :twisted:

Quess' death makes me happy but I would have made it more painful.

Definitely happy to see Iron Mask go.

That guy from Victory, Tassilo I think? I liked it when he bought it, along with a great majority of Zanscare characters.

The only reason I liked that Kyoji/Schwarz and Master Asia died was because those were some of the best death scenes in Gundam!

I was also glad when Quinze, Ocht, Duke Dermail and Tubarov all died in Wing and we didn't have to listen to them anymore!

I was glad when Azrael finally got what he deserved, though I wish he hadn't taken Natarle with him.

Again, the only reason I like Lockon 1's death is that it was a great death scene. Also I liked it when Lockon 2 gave Prince Ali what he deserved.

Yuna Roma Seiran's death was deserved, fitting and amusing.

Lynn Kaifun should have BURNED. Sorry, just had to say it! :P
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

Wang Liu Mei

Bask Om

Duke Dermail

Muruta Azrael

Yuna Roma Seiran

Lord Djibril

Patrick Zala

Shams Couza (At least Katz never abused his MS' power supply till it ran out mid-battle)

Arthur Goodman

Shawn Douglas and Kennedy Grumman (Those 2 Neo-American agents from G Gundam)

Jerid Messa
Last edited by G-Slayer on Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Ouroboric

Lynn Kaifun should have BURNED. Sorry, just had to say it!
Couldn't agree more, i don't want any incestuous hippies on my Macross. :P
Dark Duel

Let's see, I'm gonna split this into two categories: characters I'm glad died because they deserved it, and characters I'm glad died because their death in itself was really brilliantly done.

Category 1:

Okay first off: Katz Kobayashi, Sarah Zabiarov, Quess Paraya. All three of them are incredibly, incredibly annoying, and never EVER develop past "annoying brat". This is unfortunate in the case of Katz because the dynamic between him and Kamille was getting interesting, and would have greatly benefited from Katz getting a bit more mature. But he didn't, so he got what he deserved.
Yuna Roma Seiran, besides being essentially Phantom Pain's butt monkey, was basically comic relief. Plus he was probably one of the two or three most despicable characters in the show. Ergo, he got a comical death, which was suitable.
Finally, Ali Al-Saachez. MY GOD, Ali Al-Saachez. A complete psycopathic monster, a "war junkie"(in the words of Neil Dylandy). I am really glad he got what he deserved: Gunned down like a rabid animal.

There's more, but that takes care of the top five for category one. Now for category 2, and I have far fewer of these:

NEIL. DYLANDY. Oh my GOD, that was the single most brilliantly executed death scene in the history of the franchise - though a tad dragged out IMO, but still brilliantly executed. I've watched the series four times, and every time I get to that scene I bawl my eyes out. There are only two other anime deaths that affect me that way, only one of which is in Gundam.

General Septem, in Wing. I mainly am really glad for this one for two reasons: A) I really, REALLY hated him. B) It was one of the most awesome executions ever. Shot in the head AFTER being dropped out the back of the plane. Brilliant. Technically this one would fit in the previous category, but I place it here for the sheer awesomeness of the method by which he was killed.

Stella Loussier. One of the very few truly well-handled scenes in that series, and it is by far the most tragic. Anyone who's seen Z Gundam will of course see the parallels with the death of Four Murasame, but I for one find this scene even more poignant than that which inspired it. The only other character death in Gundam that can actually bring me to tears.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I was glad when Azrael finally got what he deserved, though I wish he hadn't taken Natarle with him.
Concur.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Strike Zero

Probably that guy from F91 who got his helmet shot open, then thrown into space by Zabine. That scene left me chortling heartily for a good minute the first time I saw it.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Mu La Flaga

Katz: Just a punk idiot, he got what he deserved.

Quess:Mannipulative, whiny, little b!tch

Jamican: He was an ass simply put and stuck up also.

Yuna Roma Seiran: I hated him, he toyed with the Earth Forces and forced Orb in to an alliance by marrying Cagalli and he was a cowardly whimp, Cagalli at least knew how to fight and how to punch his lights out also.

Lord Djibril: Worse then Azrael, very demanding and just weird look to him in general.

Quinze: Chris summed him up best, whiny old man and got no sense of why he is doing what he is doing.

General Septum: Just plaing annoying, very reactive and short tempered fool.

Dekim: Mannipulative over confident smug prick.

Tsubarov: I will sum him up, MY MOBILE DOLLS CAN'T BE STOPPED, HAHA, I'M INVICIBLE AHAHA!

That and well he put too much confidence in his machines more then people.

As for Flay I can see why, but to me she was starting to turn around near the end of SEED.
So I have a reaosn not to totally hate her.

Sarah simillarly, she aint a totally bad person down at the core, just mannipulated so easily and fell for Scirocco hard.

I think that is it.
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
NastyNate

I agree with everyones thoughts on Quess and Katz.

I would like to add Yuna Roma Seiran. He is that really annoying guy that Cagali almost married in destiny. He really ruined cagali for me and whatever shred of liking the seed universe I had left in me. I was glad to see him go. In a funny way too. :lol:
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Ceiling_Squid

I could go on about how I think that people are too harsh with Katz and Quess as characters, but I won't. Not exactly the topic for it. I'm definitely in the extreme minority there, in my detached sympathy for them.

As far as character deaths that DID make me cheer out loud, those mostly go to epic deaths of villains.

Paptimus Scirocco. That was an epic death. I don't think very many deaths in Gundam really top his final moments. Scirocco was an unrepentant, manipulative chess-master, and got absolutely everything he deserved, in one of the more brutal ways possible. But man, when he went, he knew how to go. I think Paptimus is still the most stylish villain, who got an appropriate death.

Agreement on Jamaican. And Bask.

Ali-Al-Saachez really got under my skin. The guy was an absolute, vicious, 100% evil brute who got away with so much. I hated him with every fiber of my being. I was hoping he'd die epically in battle. Instead, he tried a stereotypical "Gotcha!" underhanded villian trick, and died for it. Ignonimous end for him. He could have had a better ending, I think, but after all that he died an idiot's death. Very much karmic payback. Very happy to see him go. I think 00 did a great job making a character the audience would love to hate.
Ouroboric

My favorite death scene was ruined come to think of it, when i genuinely thought Shin killed Kira in Seed Destiny, my jaw was on the floor and i was so happy that i wouldn't have to hear him talk and waste episode time anymore, and the battle itself was amazing, especially Kira realizing that he is'nt invincible as Shin defeats him. But by next episode he was already revealed to be ok, quite disappointing.
Dark Duel

Ouroboric wrote:My favorite death scene was ruined come to think of it, when i genuinely thought Shin killed Kira in Seed Destiny, my jaw was on the floor and i was so happy that i wouldn't have to hear him talk and waste episode time anymore, and the battle itself was amazing, especially Kira realizing that he is'nt invincible as Shin defeats him. But by next episode he was already revealed to be ok, quite disappointing.
I'd have to concur. Kira not dying was one of two or three BIG problems I had with the second half of Destiny.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
prince_of_zeon

Durandal, because it meant Destiny was over.
Twat me: http://twitter.com/#!/Podsyboy

Subscribe/comment me: http://www.youtube.com/user/AlphaAeizeru

Did Fats Goodman really die at the end of "Fats' Counterattack?"
Fall_Ryan

The Zabis- Genocidal maniacs. Maybe Dozle and Garma weren't, but they had it coming in a big way.

Delaz and Gato- Unthinking sturmtrupen for said genocidal space Nazi's. They were barely even characters, with Delaz getting little screen time and Gato simply spouting the ideology he was indoctrinated in.

I have more I think but, naw this is good.
HalfDemonInuyasha

While it may not have meant a whole lot, I do find Cima's death quite memorable too.

I mean, if it weren't enough to get impaled onto the Dendrobium Orchis' mega beam cannon, but to then have said mega beam cannon FIRE and severing the MS in half and most likely vaporizing her simultaneously?

x_x;;
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
Fall_Ryan

HalfDemonInuyasha wrote:While it may not have meant a whole lot, I do find Cima's death quite memorable too.

I mean, if it weren't enough to get impaled onto the Dendrobium Orchis' mega beam cannon, but to then have said mega beam cannon FIRE and severing the MS in half and most likely vaporizing her simultaneously?

x_x;;
The whole getting vaporized thing might have been merciful, really. I didn't hate Cima. She was psychotic but she was psychotic for a reason.
HalfDemonInuyasha

Well, not to derail my own topic too greatly, but what she was doing really wasn't, generally, any different than what Anaheim was doing throughout the UC-era; making deals with both sides and working more with whoever had the better deal for her. In this case, the Federation gave her more (most likely money, supplies, etc) while the Zeon remnants (or at least Delaz) only had the "(return of) the glory of Zeon" ideology that she had long since given up on so it was no contest for her.

She was just a lot...well...darker and forceful about it while Anaheim, of course, was a lot more subtle, lol.

I'd have to add on that I was also glad that both Fixx Bloodman and Seidel Rasso of Gundam X died (the leaders of the New United Earth Nations and the Space Revolutionary Army respectively) with how both of them tried to exploit Newtypes, yet both claimed to be the more righteous ones and, even when learning the truth, seemed to refuse to accept it.
Jake

Nena Trinity, she got what was coming to her.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Jake wrote:Nena Trinity, she got what was coming to her.
She did but for some reason I feel sorry for her. :?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion