The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread Mk II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
ShadowCell

The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread Mk II

new thread

you guys know the drill. use the spoiler tags, don't be dicks to each other, etc.
APendragon wrote:Yeah, the Diva was to launch 5 hours after they realized the colony was gonna die, so it was nearly, if not at least 5 hours between the first fight and when the Builder made the gun.

At least it doesn't totally handwave it, and it is based off of combat data, but that wasn't much combat data. A couple failed shots and some shanking and it was over. I don't have a big problem with it or anything, I just hope its future uses aren't so...quick and profound.

I love its inclusion though, definitely a new take on the usual formula.
Dwin

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread Mk II

I don't really think the mysterious girl in purple is part of the UE. It wouldn't make any sense for a random UE girl to be a citizen of Nora. I think she's just a new-type who's intuition told her to go to that bridge so she could meet Flint, you guys know the drill. She'll probably be a love interest for Flint and maybe even pilot (due to her abilities) in the future.
kayone73

Dwin wrote:I don't really think the mysterious girl in purple is part of the UE. It wouldn't make any sense for a random UE girl to be a citizen of Nora. I think she's just a new-type who's intuition told her to go to that bridge so she could meet Flint, you guys know the drill. She'll probably be a love interest for Flint and maybe even pilot (due to her abilities) in the future.
Can't really say that as we know nothing about the UE yet. All i'm going to speculate is wether she will be Flit's future baby's momma. He will have a son & grandson who will be future leads, and someone's gotta give birth to them after all...
APendragon

Also, her being on Nora doesn't necessarily mean she's a Nora (Noran?) citizen. I think someone brought up in the previous incarnation of the thread the possibility of her being an on-the-run UE princess, or somesuch person of importance. I'm not saying I endorse it myself, but if she were important to the UE, it would also sort of explain their taking their time with Nora, seemingly to lure the Gundam and the Diva out, but also giving time to evacuate everyone onboard into a single location like the colony's core, where it would be easier to either retrieve her since she has nowhere to hide, or just bring the whole kit'n kaboodle back to wherever they're from and sort her out there.
Dark Duel

kayone73 wrote:He will have a son & grandson who will be future leads, and someone's gotta give birth to them after all...
My bet is, it's Emily.
APendragon wrote:I think someone brought up in the previous incarnation of the thread the possibility of her being an on-the-run UE princess, or somesuch person of importance.
Hang on, why does that sound vaguely familiar?...Oh yeah, that's why...
Not dismissing the possibility. In fact, I think it's pretty likely. All I know is, she's kinda creepy IMO. Cute, but still creepy.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Black Knight

I just liked how not-Tiffa had the precognition to figure out how to escape, but not enough to recognize that the Gundam wasn't a badguy.
Dwin

Black Knight wrote:I just liked how not-Tiffa had the precognition to figure out how to escape, but not enough to recognize that the Gundam wasn't a badguy.
New-type sense tend to work like that in Gundam series. Something probably told her to go to that bridge instead of evacuating.
Destiny_Gundam

nacho-wan wrote:I really liked the new captain. He is an ally of justice. Ready to hack databases and kidnap people to help the cause.
I don't know. How could he have heard what the original captain was saying behind that blast door? That he specifically asked the commander to go contact the captain is mighty suspicious. He was also the one who suggested using the Diva so me thinks he's got a sinister motive. The bridge crew have already caught onto this.

As for Yurin, if she had a connection to the UE I think she would have had more of a reaction to seeing the Gafran destroyed. That "Oh no one of my people just got killed" moments. Unless the Gafrans are all AI controlled.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Dwin

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
nacho-wan wrote:I really liked the new captain. He is an ally of justice. Ready to hack databases and kidnap people to help the cause.
I don't know. How could he have heard what the original captain was saying behind that blast door? That he specifically asked the commander to go contact the captain is mighty suspicious. He was also the one who suggested using the Diva so me thinks he's got a sinister motive. The bridge crew have already caught onto this.

As for Yurin, if she had a connection to the UE I think she would have had more of a reaction to seeing the Gafran destroyed. That "Oh no one of my people just got killed" moments. Unless the Gafrans are all AI controlled.
Agreed. And her newtype power might connect her in some other way to the UE other than being a runaway princess who somehow managed to end up on a Earth Federation colony.
hotlimit

Man this show is so good, hahah. I wanted to hold off my opinion until at least 5 episodes, like the Gundamn! guys are doing, but I'm sold at episode 2.

I wonder if they are going to mass produce some of the weapons that come out of the AGE system so that the Genoaces don't have to suck as much (and no, I'm not suggesting that the machine will build weapons for everyone, but it clearly develops the schematics needed for production).

I have no guesses on the little Tifa girl yet, though at first I mistook her fear of the Gundam for a fear of Mobile Suits in general (that is to say, previous traumatic experience with MS). It could just be that she was legitimately afraid of a giant robot chasing her, like a normal person would be.
ShadowCell

in other news, the official site updated today with a couple new characters: this kid, and this guy

i see Graham Aker had a hard time getting a job after 00
Black Knight

ShadowCell wrote:i see Graham Aker had a hard time getting a job after 00
Maybe he wanted to keep an eye on the bridge bunny who looks like the love child of Dearka and Howard Mason?
Shinigam_Newtype

Dark Duel wrote:
kayone73 wrote:He will have a son & grandson who will be future leads, and someone's gotta give birth to them after all...
My bet is, it's Emily.

I thought so too, up until they introduced Yurin.
Emily just might become the Fraw Bow of this series and end up with that
short chubby dude, who kinda reminds of Hayato. Coincidence?
"I'm not as impatient as you, I can wait for humanity to learn and grow" - Amuro Ray.

PSN ID: Shinigam_Newtype
3DS Friend Code: 4468 0954 9080
Izayuukan

I don't think that Yurin is an on-the-run UE princess or test subject or whatever. Why? Because Flit knew the UE would attack Nora based on mathematical projections, which means the UE's initial attack on the colony was part of a wider operation that has been scheduled well in advance rather than a retrieval mission for one person.
HellCat

I'm starting to be intrigued by the theory she's the pilot of the Gafran Flit took down last week. It makes a spooky kind of sense. She can be a pilot and yet not be fully sold on the UE cause.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
APendragon

Izayuukan wrote:I don't think that Yurin is an on-the-run UE princess or test subject or whatever. Why? Because Flit knew the UE would attack Nora based on mathematical projections, which means the UE's initial attack on the colony was part of a wider operation that has been scheduled well in advance rather than a retrieval mission for one person.
Ah, that's a good point, unless it's just an extremely contrived coincidence. Which it could be, but that aside it does make it very unlikely; good call.
sciencewarrior

Shinigam_Newtype wrote:
Dark Duel wrote:
My bet is, it's Emily.
I thought so too, up until they introduced Yurin.
Emily just might become the Fraw Bow of this series and end up with that
short chubby dude, who kinda reminds of Hayato. Coincidence?
The ED points to Emily, but childhood friendzone is a hard place to escape, and sitting on Flit's lap is a big flag.

Speaking of flags, Emily and Dirque running to Diva means the colony core's chance of survival is pretty slim. And I'm betting on the crew going rogue after defying the Federation's orders.
Arsarcana

HellCat wrote:I'm starting to be intrigued by the theory she's the pilot of the Gafran Flit took down last week. It makes a spooky kind of sense. She can be a pilot and yet not be fully sold on the UE cause.
While that's an interesting idea, there's the minor problem that after Flit shanked the thing it was almost immediately vaporized by the other Gafran (and that misfiring of its torso cannon after it fell can't have been a good sign for the state of the machine anyways) and it blew up pretty good. There's basically no chance that any pilot could have survived that, assuming the things have pilots.
sciencewarrior wrote:The ED points to Emily, but childhood friendzone is a hard place to escape, and sitting on Flit's lap is a big flag.
Fa Yuiri says hi.
Deacon Blues

Here's an interesting animation error I just noticed... When the Gundam grabs the beam rifle, it's held with the right arm (because the stabilizer is on the left side). When the scene cuts back to the Gundam with the Gafran exploding, he's holding it in the left hand. Cut BACK to the Gundam again and it's in the right hand again.
HellCat

Arsarcana wrote:
HellCat wrote:I'm starting to be intrigued by the theory she's the pilot of the Gafran Flit took down last week. It makes a spooky kind of sense. She can be a pilot and yet not be fully sold on the UE cause.
While that's an interesting idea, there's the minor problem that after Flit shanked the thing it was almost immediately vaporized by the other Gafran (and that misfiring of its torso cannon after it fell can't have been a good sign for the state of the machine anyways) and it blew up pretty good. There's basically no chance that any pilot could have survived that, assuming the things have pilots.
Thing is we know next to nothing about the inner workings of the UE machines. So whilst there's good reason to doubt the possibility, it's not like there's undeniable fact for it not being possible. It would help explain why a mysterious little girl was walking around the colony all by herself.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.