The Garden of Thorns

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Imperial

The Garden of Thorns

Did it ever get pruned?

The last we see of it, it's still just hanging out in a shoal zone as the Delaz Fleet moves out to complete the final phases of Operation Stardust. Do we have any word on whether it was demolished, reclaimed or even discovered by the Federation?

Presumably, they would have to have at least an inkling about it after Cima leaked all of that information, but it's not really touched on ever again. Part of this comes with being a retroactive midquel, so it's not like Zeta can pick up on what was then a non-existent idea, but I'm still curious about that rock. Every other space base is accounted for, right down to super-obscure Pezun being the Zeon testbed and New Desides sacrificial lamb.
This space for rent
Deacon Blues

Re: The Garden of Thorns

Most of the sources I see on the net say that what happens to it following the Delaz Conflict is unknown (sadly). Unless Mark can chime in with something :lol:
Zeonista

For my own creative purposes, I hunted down all the information I could find on it, but nothing turned up of any use past 0083.For obvious rasons, nothing published before Stardust Memory mentioned it, and no one since has made a story or made reference to it in passing. IN-story, Delaz Fleet never returned to base, and its members were the only ones who knew its certain location. For obvious reasons any survivors would keep the secret, and so it remains a secret. It looks like the empty half-colony sits there empty and haunted throughout the rest of the known Universal Century. Unless there is something yet to be revealed in Gundam Unicorn that would lead to its inclusion, the Garden of Thorns is a fading memory.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Black Knight

The survivors of Cima's fleet would have no reason to keep its location a secret, and given the Gelgoog Marines spotted when Kou settles as Nina's "sloppy seconds" at the end, it seems clear that some of Cima's personnel did in fact survive the battle in orbit.
Zeonista

Ah, but Cima Fleet was considered a separate unit from Delaz Fleet proper, and they did not have permission to use the Garden. Just ask Gato about episode 5! Cima's presence at Delaz's HQ there does not necessarily mean that Lily Marlene was there as well. So, any survivors of Cima Fleet might not be able to show the best routes through the shifting debris to reach the base. The Titans might have been content to write it off as no longer needing investigation. Maybe a watch-station or two nearby, just in case any Remnants unit happened by and looked serious about trying to reach the Garden?
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Imperial

Black Knight wrote:The survivors of Cima's fleet would have no reason to keep its location a secret, and given the Gelgoog Marines spotted when Kou settles as Nina's "sloppy seconds" at the end, it seems clear that some of Cima's personnel did in fact survive the battle in orbit.
In all fairness to Kou, we have no idea what followed that scene. All we see is a look of bewilderment on his face. The next words out of his mouth could very well have been, "I don't know what your'e doing here, but I don't ever want to see you again."

BUT, to take things back on-topic: Thanks for the responses, everyone. I figured it was ignored by subsequent sources as an "out of sight, out of mind" scenario, which actually works for my purposes.
This space for rent
Deacon Blues

Even if Cima's gaggle of ragtag forces survived, I highly doubt they would have been able to escape given the fact that Basque was right there with them. They were probably all rounded up for execution or something...