UC 0079 Print Chronology Project, part 2

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
animalia

Mobile Suit Variation: Ace Pilot Story chronology data

On what date in UC 0079 does Mobile Suit Variation: Ace Pilot Story start? I would even appreciate data on the story as this can help me approximate the date if there is not an exact date available

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Mobile_Sui ... ilot_Story
Mark064

Re: Mobile Suit Variation: Ace Pilot Story chronology data

It's worth noting that the wika entry on that is filled with countless errors. The Japanese title is horribly wrong, and the pictures are actually taken from the Mobile Suit Variation books about the mobile suits themselves. It's a total of 4 volumes covering an Ace Pilot each Johnny Ridden, Shin Matsunga, Eliot Lem and Thomas Kurtz.

I've only seen the Johnny Ridden one which starts in October of 0079.
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
animalia

Record Of MS Wars UC starting date

What date of UC 0079 does Record Of MS Wars start on?

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Mobile_Sui ... of_MS_Wars
Deacon Blues

Actually, Mark, it's one volume. Birz Comics Special 『ガンダムパイロット列伝 蒼穹の勇者達』 (Gundam Pilot Series of Biographies - The Brave Soldiers of the Sky) was released back in October of 2001 under Sony Magazine. The manga is by Oki Hajime.

Mission.1 - Johnny Ridden: Published 1997.11 in Comic Japan
Mission.2 - Shin Matsunaga: Published 1998.09 in RPG Magazine Great Vol.02
Mission.3 - Elliot Rem: Unpublished
Mission.4 - Thomas Kurtz: (Drawn for the compilation??)

Mission.1 starts out in October 0079 before flashing back to UC.0071 for part of Johnny's past. It talks of him joining the army in 0077 and then participating in Operation British. There's some MS testing (his Gelgoog) at the Texas colony circa October 0079 before the story jumps to the final battle at A Baoa Qu.

Mission.2 Shin's story starts out with the colony drop before transitioning into him learning of his mentor/teachers attempted suicide via an overdose. (Oddly enough this guys name is Killing -- no relation to the Killing we know). The story concludes with Shin at A Baoa Qu ready to kill Gihren from a side hallway but sees Kycilia do it. He then leaves and in a hallway sees some soldiers leading Zena and Mineva. They argue, one of the aides yammers something about not being taken to the right place, the soldier shoots her... Shin yells that they need to wake up and realize Gihren is dead, they counter and he then shoots them both dead before fleeing with Mineva and Zena in a hidden shuttle (so much for believing this story).

Mission.3 Elliot Lem's story doesn't have a start date but it's sometime prior to 0068 as he is scouted from Earth to work with Professor Minovsky on Side 3. He works with him on the development of mobile suits before leaving suddenly. He's thrown in jail then freed later on to continue working on suits. His own father gets killed in a test of one of the first units so he becomes the test pilot... Blah blah, he participates in the war when A Baoa Qu falls another soldier finds him on the verge of death(?). The chapter ends with him being reunited with his girlfriend and daugher(?).

Mission.4 Starts out in March 0078. Thomas is taking part in MS testing war breaks out... he defects, later runs into his old instructor who kills his commander and other soldiers, yadda yadda.
Deacon Blues

Re: Record Of MS Wars UC starting date

There is no exact start date. It's more than likely in 0078 initially as Frederick Brown is still at the academy prior to his participation in Operation British.
animalia

Gundam Aishim

I also need a starting date for Gundam Aishim

actually i am wondering if it would be easier on everyone if i just made one huge list of all the starting dates i need in the next post.
toysdream

Of course, the wikia entry is so garbled that it's not even clear they're thinking of that particular story collection. The cover images are from the MSV books series, and the title listed is basically made up, so really it should just be deleted.

-- Mark
AmuroNT1

Out of curiosity, is that the semi-famous Ridden manga that advanced the idea of his crush on Kycilia (who looks much more attractive there than she ever did)?
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
animalia

UC 0079 print chronolgy project

I am trying to get an in-universe starting date for all of these gundam print story's that start in UC 0079.

1: Gundam Aishim
2: Iron Maiden
3: The Plot To Assassinate Gihren
4: MS Generation NOT counting the Professor Minovsky story
5: Magical Ensign Blaster Mari
6: Ixtab, Goddess Of The Fallen Soldiers
7: Secret Rendezvous
Deacon Blues

Re: UC 0079 print chronolgy project

You're asking for one shot stories that don't have start dates or even approximate dates (much less any true relevance/impact on major events anyways).

MS Generation spans the One Year War, anyways. Minovsky's story isn't even included in it. Ensign Blaster... isn't even really Gundam (it's a joke quite honestly). Ixtab is all about Operation British. The Plot to Assassinate Gihren starts around Christmas.

And "in-universe"? As opposed to what? Out of universe? :P
animalia

Deacon Blues wrote:You're asking for one shot stories that don't have start dates or even approximate dates (much less any true relevance/impact on major events anyways).

MS Generation spans the One Year War, anyways. Minovsky's story isn't even included in it. Ensign Blaster... isn't even really Gundam (it's a joke quite honestly). Ixtab is all about Operation British. The Plot to Assassinate Gihren starts around Christmas.

And "in-universe"? As opposed to what? Out of universe? :P
as opposed to real world start dates, ie publication start dates

also, I figured Ensign Blaster was probably a joke but without a valid plot summary i had no way to know for sure

for MS Generation i will ask for the start time of the 1st story

and finally i still need dates for options 1, 2, & 7
Deacon Blues

1. Can't find this story in my collection.
2. Steel Maiden begins in 11.0079
4. MS Generation begins on 01.03.0079.
7. Takes place the same time Amuro meets Lalah on Side 6.
animalia

the story of Gundam Aishim

Does anybody know what the basic story/premise of Gundam Aishim is?
animalia

UC 0079 Print Chronology Project, part 2

Once again I am looking for in-universe start dates for these stories as opposed to real world publication start dates.

1: The Roar Of Iron Horses
2: Mobile Suit Vor!!
and finally
3: Gundam Aishim

now a couple of notes
Note #1: I know I listed Gundam Aishim in the first part of this project, but since iI did not get an answer there and no one else seems to have visited the post in a while i thought i would be OK to relist it here.

&

Note #2: I realize the wiki pages for these media aren't the most reliable in terms of accuracy but it is all i've got so please bear with me.
Deacon Blues

Re: UC 0079 Print Chronology Project, part 2

1. I don't know why this page is even on the wiki. They clearly linked to my site about it anyways. The gallery image isn't even correct to begin with. This manga has only appeared in preview form and the title of it is as of yet undecided.

2. The 6th chapter takes place in 0088 as it has Frederik Brown appearing in it. Can't say much about the other chapters though.

3. As I stated in the last topic, nothing comes up on a googling of this series. Unless you can locate a Japanese title, I can't help.
Mark064

The Japanese title seems to just be アイシム. I can only find that it's post OYW before Zeta nothing more specific.
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
bilbros

Concerning Mobile Suit VOR!, each chapter (named "action") is a separate entity.

- Action 1 (The Battle of Kypck) [i.e. Kursk, written in Cyrillic] has a prologue starting from January U.C. 0079, but the story is settled someway in the mid U.C. 0079, showing one of the first deploying of MS by the Federatiion Forces

- Action 2 (Destroy Zeon siege!) takes place just after the battle of Odessa, when Zeon forces start retreating from Southern Europe (especially central-southern Italy) as the EFF counteroffensive advances

- Action 3 (Attack on Africa front) is more or less contemporary to Action 2, or immediately after; Zeon is retreating also from Africa

- Action 4 (Order of destroying sea-bottom oil fields) presumably late U.C.0079, maybe around Odessa or later (we see an upgraded version of the MSM-03C and even some EFF marine MS, the RGM-79U)

- Action 5 (Last line of defence) is settled during the battle of A Baoa Qu (decdember 31 U.C. 0079)

- Action 6 (The second Battle of Solomon 0088) as Deacon (and teh title itself said), is during the last phases of the Gryps War.

Unfortunately, I cannot add much about Aishim. It's one of those rather obscure manga for which only the ones who physically have it can say something.
I can only confirm that it's supposed to feature Zeon forces (as already said in http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php? ... &start=280, where you can find a mecha listing and publishing info).
animalia

Which came first (chronologically) Record Of MS or Ixtab?

Which came first in terms of Universal Century start dates (in the fictional universe not real world publication date) Record Of MS Wars or Ixtab, Goddess Of The Fallen Soldiers?
Deacon Blues

Re: Which came first (chronologically) Record Of MS or Ixtab

Dude, you need to stop making all of these threads. Keep the questions all in one.

MS Senki appears to be the one that starts first chronologically... as Frederik Brown partakes in Operation British but goes through mobile suit training first. The later begins on January 3, UC0079 @ 7:00am.