Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Chris
Administrator

Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

Arsarcana wrote:I'm fully aware of that. The point is that they used to do some really neat G Gen games with, y'know, plots and stuff. In fact, they used to do it kind of regularly with all the games you mentioned, plus Neo. Oh, and they didn't recycle the exact same engine for four games running, adding some new series and a couple bells and whistles as they go. Is it too much to ask that at some point they do something different when until five years ago they actually did experiment a bit with the formula?
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Heecarl_Reez

Re: Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

http://blog.yahoo.com/cybergundam/articles/48672/index

First image (I think) of Char Red 3DS + G Generation 3D bundle.(21,090 yen).. The description also mention the seishin-like command in the game, (just skimming the article so if someone want to add/correct something else please do :D).
PhineBuyM3

Supposedly new info from the Osaka SCE conference regarding Gundam Extreme Vs:
- The new units, of course, don't stop at Blue Frame and Dynames. Playable units are said be around late 60~early 70 units
- About the boss units, apparently we MIGHT be able to use them.
- The unit(s) that will be unlocked with the first press code will be announced this month. As a note, all units will be playable even if you don't have the code (so just unlocks it early)
- For the arcade version, there will be more unlocks after Raphael and Full Cloth
NastyNate

Details about the Gundam age rpg for psp are out, with a short trailer. The game promises to let you experience the history of 100 years. The game hits japan summer of 2012.
http://andriasang.com/comyil/
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Zeonic Glory

I'm liking the looks of that Char 3DS.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
NastyNate

Zeonic Glory wrote:I'm liking the looks of that Char 3DS.
Blast the region lock of the 3DS!! I guess we can just use char stickers. :roll:
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

Zeonic Glory

Putting Char stickers on a red 3DS just wouldn't give me the satisfaction of whipping out a Char brand Char 3DS on the train and telling commuters that it has three times the dimensions.

Sometimes dealing with it is painful.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
AmuroNT1

Extreme Vs' apparent boxart, which shows the Psyco Gundam Mk-II, Quin Mantha, and Lafressia:

http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/9 ... A1500_.jpg

Also, a screencap from 4Gamer shows that Ashtaron HC will also be an enemy-exclusive unit.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
ZeonsSilverStar

I'm not sure how trustworthy this picture is but it seems to indicate a new unit in Gundam Extreme Vs. No points for guessing what unit it is.
http://i.imgur.com/UfWxI.jpg
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
AmuroNT1

The image is from Famitsu, it seems.

Also, the main import of that sidebar is that early release copies of the game will come with a DLC code that lets you unlock Hi-Nu automatically, without having to earn it the hard way like all the other poor schmucks will. So don't worry, it WILL be in the regular game, it's just that people who pre-ordered will get it faster.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Zeonic Glory

Any word on whether the early release copy DLC is vendor-specific?
2NA Fish

I'm surprised they haven't announced a limited/special edition version of Extreme Vs yet. Then again, G Generation World's special edition was announced really late. I'm still hoping...
PhineBuyM3

More 2ch rumors:
Banshii (Marida) 2500
Brave (Graham) 2500
Torre Alva (Alejandro) BOSS
Gaia (Stella) 2000
Freedom (Kira) 2500
Gundam GX Divider (Jamil) 2000
Bandit (Meriberu) 2000
Gundam Spiegel (Black) 2000
Gotoratan (Katejina) 2500
Gengaozo (Farrah) 2500
Dikitousu (Light Callisto) BOSS
Kuabaze (Giri) 2000
Crossbone Gundam X3 (Tobia) 2000
Zaku Kai Ⅲ (Mashuma) 2000
Dobenurufu (Lacan) 2000
Di O (Sirocco) 2500
Bound Dock (Jerido) 2000
Zeong (Char) 2000
Biguzamu (Dozuru) BOSS

This would be a near pefect cast if true.
AmuroNT1

My response to this list? Seriously, let's break it down piece-by-piece:

Banshee: A palette swap of Unicorn.
Brave: 00 already has seven characters between the show and the movie. I don't think they're going to shove any more in there.
Alvatore: Possible, but the fact that it separates into a standard MS has me doubting.
Gaia: This probably springs entirely from the fact that they got Houko Kuwashima to record lines for Stella piloting the Destroy.
Freedom: This one is possible, given that Kira is very popular and they worked both Freedom and Strike Freedom into Next Plus.
Gundam GX Divider: Another one that could work, I'd actually be glad to see this one.
Bandit: Why on Earth, out of everything and everyone in Turn A, would they choose Gym's crazy lackey as a playable representative of the series?
Gundam Spiegel: It was in Next Plus and I loved using it, but I find myself wary.
Gottrlatan: Its weapon list is kind of anemic, they'd probably have to pad it with an Assist.
Gengaozo: Another MS that doesn't have a whole lot going on and would probably have to rely upon Assists.
Digitus: Why would this be a boss? It's about the size of the Nu Gundam, and so far every other boss has been a giant mobile armor.
Quavarze: If you wanted to give Crossbone something that wasn't one of the Gundams, maybe. But really I can't see them doing this.
Crossbone Gundam X3: Yes, let's add a FOURTH Crossbone Gundam to the game, one that would copy an important aspect of an existing unit.
Zaku III Kai: I don't think this one is really unique or memorable enough to merit getting in.
Dooben-Wolf: If you wanted to add something new to ZZ, perhaps.
The O: It was in Next Plus, but there its entire shtick was re-creating the Awakenings from Gundam vs Zeta...which Extreme Burst already does.
Baund Doc: I'll admit, it would be nice to see Jerid finally get into one of these games.
Zeong: Was in Next Plus, possible but I doubt it.
Big Zam: Possible, but I think it would play a little closely to the Destroy Gundam.

So I say, don't take it with a grain of salt; don't take it with a shaker; just buy yourself a container of Morton's and chug it. The PS3 version hits December 1st, right now it's October 23rd (24th in Japan), and that list contains 19 machines (16 if you nix the bosses). Which means they would have to reveal a new character roughly every two days between now and 12/1 in order to get everything. Not to mention, there's not a single 1000-cost unit on that list, which I kind of wonder about. In other words, yeah, I would be amazed if ANYTHING on this list shows up.

pd771

Yeah, there's no way this is all going to be in the released game. It might be possible as DLC packs but i doubt it. At least that's make sense to me as why they wouldn't include 1000 point suits. Just too many weird suits in that list for it to be real though IMO.
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeY9RgWhmXs
PhineBuyM3

There won't be time for dlc, they're already working on the next game, so this list is either complete BS or they're working their butts off for the home port.
2NA Fish

A few ones I like there, but all in all, that's a pretty awful list. Marida, Graham, Kira, Tobia, Scirroco and Char are already in the game. Real or not, I don't think we need so many multiples of characters... although they seem to be doing that a lot in this game.

Not surprised if there are no new 1000s. The dev team seems to hate them. I wish the 1000s were just slightly more powerful. Seems they've nerfed all of them and are now wondering why nobody plays them anymore. It's not like original GvG where Victory, Guntank, Gouf Custom, Char's Zaku etc were all very legitimate threats. Sure, you see some great Hildolfr play and stuff on nicovideo, but the 1000s are a far cry from what they were before.

By the way, results are in from the arcade version poll. Full Cloth won, so we'll be seeing it released for arcade tomorrow. http://gundam-vs.jp/extreme/ac/about/update.html
NastyNate

Don't forget to like SD gundam Capsule Fighter on facebook. If you do then you can get early access to the US release Beta. The US release is still undecided.
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/10/s ... north.html

ZeonsSilverStar

Well some new scans are out for Extreme Vs. and some info is revealed about the Hi Nu Gundam.

http://s528.photobucket.com/albums/dd32 ... 179429.jpg
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar