AoZ: The Traitor to Destiny Mechanics

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Black Knight

Re: AoZ2: Rebels Against Time Mechanics

Deacon Blues wrote:I'm still not convinced Amuro is going to appear in this novel. He didn't fight during Zeta so why would a sidestory novel change any sort of continuity.
So it was just my imagination that Amuro beat the crap out of a bunch of Hizacks while piloting Apolli's Rick Dias at Hickory? Or the whole on-screen appearance of the Dijeh?
flamingtroll

If Amuro were to show in the novel it could just be a 2 paragraph cameo or something.
Deacon Blues

@Black Knight:

While I'm embarrassed to admit it, I did forget that, but I was for some reason thinking of the movie continuity instead. My point was, I don't see him being a "major" character fighting in the war (aka making a huge impact like Kamille and what not).
JEFFPIATT

The Zeta films reduced Amuro Ray's on screen battles to him useing the Rick Dias to bail out Kamille the second earth arc was removed where we saw him use the Dijeh. It seems that this new gundam is the rebel version of the Hazel an GM upgraded to the point where they stick an Gundam Head on it to enhance it's psychological warfare element. it seemed that post OYO Gundam's in the UC era were made to resemble the RX-78 for the psychological effect the external design had gained also it may get your expensive prototype approved for construction if it looks like the gundam even though the final mass production models stick to the GM type heads.
toysdream

Amuro appears in the latest chapter of the serial novel, using his Rick Dias to join the attack on the New Guinea base. I don't remember whether he actually appears "onscreen" outside of his mobile suit; they talk about him a bit afterwards, but I was just skimming through the chapter and I didn't notice whether Amuro actually has any dialogue. But in any case, he definitely "appears" as promised in the ad.

Since the chapter ends with the scene shifting to the dock shop Rosa Gigantea, circa August of U.C. 0087, it's pretty likely they'll fight the T3 Team in an upcoming chapter and we'll get some kind of crossover between the two AoZ serials.

-- Mark
Homeless

Perhaps it will actually let me post now.

MSW-004 Gundam [Kestrel]
http://gundam.info/topic/6097
http://i.imgur.com/A6kzy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/maLge.jpg
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
toysdream

From Gundam.info:
MSW-004 Gundam [Kestrel]
Though it was developed at the Oakland research institute exclusively for Rossweisse's use, the Titans moved their main forces to space before it was completed, and so this prototype Gundam was captured and tested by the AEUG. With its extraordinary acceleration and mobility, it cannot be controlled by an ordinary pilot.
-- Mark
Deacon Blues

How hilariously contradictory given what just happened in chapter twelve... *eyeroll*
J-Lead

Homeless wrote:Perhaps it will actually let me post now.

MSW-004 Gundam [Kestrel]
http://gundam.info/topic/6097
http://i.imgur.com/A6kzy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/maLge.jpg

Kinda looks like the F90. Actually, it looks a LOT like the F90.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Homeless

I'm just annoyed it came out of relatively nowhere (Having said this, I'm sure Deacon will now point to a spot in chapter 4 or so that alluded to it) and seems to be Van's new unit. The Wagtail was far more interesting, and I hope it is still around in the series. And not just completely busted up, as we saw it last chapter.

A meh-quality lineart page:
http://imageshack.us/f/88/zkivj.jpg/
Last edited by Homeless on Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
flamingtroll

According to the caption, there is a core block system, 3 generators (body and legs) and some how use multiple beam sabers at the same time, whatever that means.

The shield looks suspeciously small and well ventilated, probably an i-field shield?
J-Lead

Also, one of the images makes it look like it's launching from the La Vie En Rose...
flamingtroll

The site actually says it's a La vie en rose "class" dock called Rosa Gigantea. That's a pretty big retcon to AE's assets in the Gyrps war though.
nacho-wan

flamingtroll wrote:The shield looks suspeciously small and well ventilated, probably an i-field shield?
That's at least 15 years too early to have such a miniaturized ifield. Granted the shield is reminicent of the equipment of the V2 Gundam. Maybe a prototype beam shield? or maybe is just extra verniers connected to the main fuel lines (a little farfetch I know).
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
flamingtroll

Well now that Unicorn is animated canon, it's only 9 years from 0087 and it's supposedly a localized i-field. The funnel shield from Nu are a sort of i-field shield. There is also the unofficial Z III. Some AOZ designs mention an i field device, though they are probably even smaller localized i field projection.
Deacon Blues

The shield has three removable sabers stored inside it... allowing it to either block an enemy saber attack or full on attack the enemy via thrusting.
J-Lead

flamingtroll wrote:The site actually says it's a La vie en rose "class" dock called Rosa Gigantea. That's a pretty big retcon to AE's assets in the Gyrps war though.
There was a La Vie En Rose class ship in the AOZ: Flag of the Titans story as well, or at least in the manga. Whether or not it's the La Vie En Rose itself or a ship of the same class, I have no idea, but seeing as it looks like it gets destroyed, I'd wager it's not.
flamingtroll

I have only read through bits and pieces of AOZ, so that could have been it. I didn't know they gave some of the La vie en roses a name. It's probably a tie in with AOZ. BTW, any speculation on the lineage of the suit? I can't tell where it's derived from.
J-Lead

Zeonista

flamingtroll wrote:
According to the caption, there is a core block system, 3 generators (body and legs) and some how use multiple beam sabers at the same time, whatever that means.

The shield looks suspeciously small and well ventilated, probably an i-field shield?
A post on the same MS at TTT indicated the existence of a small generator in the shield, so the directed i-field seems like more of a possibility now. Add in the three beam sabers, and the shield becomes a fairly important piece of equipment!

The existence of an i-field in 0087 for a a Titans MS isn't too far-fetched, taking Gundam Sentinel into account. The Mk V has an i-beam field, and according to the timeline it hasn't been completed yet. Since all the main-line MS are now toting beam rifles as their principal armament, the i-field shield seems like a clever idea. A Titans Newtype pilot could use the Kestrel to swoop into an AEUG or Karaba formation like its namesake raptor, using the i-beams to ward off the beam shots, then activate all its beam sabers and go ginsu on its opponents.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde