Fixing Wonky Gashapon

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Apsalas

Fixing Wonky Gashapon

Hey Guys,

This is my third account reset...keep forgetting my logins and passwords....:(

I have snagged a Gundam Sentinal Deep Striker Gashapon and its a bit deformed...any tips on howto straighten it out. I think I can use steam from my kettle?

Cheers,
Apsalas
“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”
― Philip K. Dick

"It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane."
- Philip K. Dick
phillosmaster

Re: Fixing Wonky Gashapon

I've never had to straighten a Gashapon kit, but I have received some resin model kits that were warped due to heat in the past. What usually works is hot water or a hair dryer. You heat up the material and bend it back gently until it cools. I believe how successful this method will be depends heavily on what type of materials were used to construct the kit. I believe Gashapon kits are made from PVC plastics, and I think PVC is soft enough for this to work.

If you heat up plastic you should do it in a well ventilated area. There might be some fumes.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
Apsalas

Re: Fixing Wonky Gashapon

Cheers, nice to see someone reply ;) the kits a mix of hard and soft plastic PVC so i'll use my hair dryer on it later and see.

Thanks.
“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”
― Philip K. Dick

"It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane."
- Philip K. Dick