ZZ opening....

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Ciel

ZZ opening....

I don't get why you don't see the ZZ Gundam atleast once in the entire opening... All they do is show the Zeta constantly. Were they planning on using the Zeta for the whole show at the beginning or something?

Also why bother showing Char? He's not even in the series...
ShadowCell

Re: ZZ opening....

looks like someone hasn't seen more than the first few episodes of ZZ
TheGundamMKII

You still see Zeta a lot throughout Double Zeta. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the intro. I find it pretty odd that they show Char there myself.
Black Knight

No odder than showing the surviving White Base crew in the opening of Zeta. It's said Char was going to show up halfway through ZZ...until CCA got greenlighted and his role was assumed by Glemmy. If Char had been around, it would have made his appearance in the first opening for ZZ more understandable.
Cardi Doorl

I strongly suggest watching more of the series before asking these kinds of questions.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
TheGundamMKII

Black Knight wrote:No odder than showing the surviving White Base crew in the opening of Zeta. It's said Char was going to show up halfway through ZZ...until CCA got greenlighted and his role was assumed by Glemmy. If Char had been around, it would have made his appearance in the first opening for ZZ more understandable.
A lot of the White base crew appear in Zeta at points and Char isn't in Double Zeta at all, never mind that he was supposedly supposed to be in the show.
Black Knight

Sure, but since most of the WB crew doesn't start showing up until about episode 13, it was odd that they'd been in the opening credits for three months by that time.
Chris
Administrator

Ciel wrote:I don't get why you don't see the ZZ Gundam atleast once in the entire opening... All they do is show the Zeta constantly. Were they planning on using the Zeta for the whole show at the beginning or something?
I could make the same complaint about why the first opening for Zeta only shows the Mk II the whole time, but that wouldn't make sense, would it? You usually never see the midseries upgrade show up in the first opening of a Gundam series. The only exception is Zeta Gundam itself, where you see the Zeta's head in shadows, and it's so early on that it's not even the final design.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
sweet-d

I think amuro was also in one of the zz openings. o well doesn't matter now cause he is dead. :lol: :lol:
Francheska is a horrible colony.
kayone73

Ciel wrote:I don't get why you don't see the ZZ Gundam atleast once in the entire opening... All they do is show the Zeta constantly. Were they planning on using the Zeta for the whole show at the beginning or something?

Also why bother showing Char? He's not even in the series...
1. the double zeta doesn't actually appear until the show hits double digits

2. once the double zeta appears, then the OP has nothing BUT the double zeta.

This is a serious question and not sarcastic: this isn't your first time watching gundam show is it? Can you think of another series where they actually show the mid season upgrade gundam in the first OP sequence? G Gundam? nope Seed? nope, 00? Nope.
Spiegel

What about CCA? They showed the Nu Gundam's head before the opening credits. Does that count?

This is a tricky game we're playing...
Arsarcana

Nu was actively under construction at the time (and it was a plot point) and CCA was a movie, not a fifty episode TV series. Try again.
Spiegel

Arsarcana wrote:Nu was actively under construction at the time (and it was a plot point) and CCA was a movie, not a fifty episode TV series. Try again.
Technicalities! Well, damn, I'm stumped.
Cardi Doorl

Arsarcana wrote:Nu was actively under construction at the time (and it was a plot point) and CCA was a movie, not a fifty episode TV series. Try again.
He was obviously doing a comedy post, bro ;)
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Dark Duel

Spiegel wrote:What about CCA? They showed the Nu Gundam's head before the opening credits. Does that count?

This is a tricky game we're playing...
Given that the Nu is the only Gundam to appear in the movie, not really.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Dendrobium Stamen

kayone73 wrote:This is a serious question and not sarcastic: this isn't your first time watching gundam show is it? Can you think of another series where they actually show the mid season upgrade gundam in the first OP sequence? G Gundam? nope Seed? nope, 00? Nope.
I think SEED comes closest; we get our first peek at Freedom in the "Moment" OP, numero 2, which began its run a good 20 episodes (14-ish; Freedom made its debut in 34) before Kira upgraded his mount.

It fails the key criteria, of course, being the second opening, but for one of these modern four-OP series that's fairly close, eh? :roll:
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." - Sledge Hammer.
A Wind Raging Through, a Destiny sidestory.
Spiegel

Dendrobium Stamen wrote:
kayone73 wrote:This is a serious question and not sarcastic: this isn't your first time watching gundam show is it? Can you think of another series where they actually show the mid season upgrade gundam in the first OP sequence? G Gundam? nope Seed? nope, 00? Nope.
I think SEED comes closest; we get our first peek at Freedom in the "Moment" OP, numero 2, which began its run a good 20 episodes (14-ish; Freedom made its debut in 34) before Kira upgraded his mount.

It fails the key criteria, of course, being the second opening, but for one of these modern four-OP series that's fairly close, eh? :roll:
I'm sorry, like I was told for my very serious post, yours does not count. "Try again."

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I suppose your example is the closest so far, though. However, how many episodes is it before we get the Zeta's intro in Zeta Gundam? It may be a number comparable to what we're talking about with Freedom and SEED.
Dendrobium Stamen

Spiegel wrote:I'm sorry, like I was told for my very serious post, yours does not count. "Try again."

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I suppose your example is the closest so far, though. However, how many episodes is it before we get the Zeta's intro in Zeta Gundam? It may be a number comparable to what we're talking about with Freedom and SEED.
Well, this is The Internet you know, it's all Extremely Serious Business, so I'm told :wink:

As for Zeta, I think the silhouette of its head (or an early concept of it, at least) is present right from the start, so it wins on that front. It's not quite as explicit as Freedom, being a silhouetted head of an early design concept, but it certainly fulfils the dreams of every YouTube commenter by being First...
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." - Sledge Hammer.
A Wind Raging Through, a Destiny sidestory.
reeoyuy

Char and Zeta Gundam aside, I wonder what's that gigantic wall rising up on the moon. The one with circuit-board like surface. I don't remember any moon-based superfortress appeared in ZZ. Also Mashymre posing together with the kids. Maybe he was supposed to switch sides?
Kyuzo Aoi

The one thing that made me think in ZZ is the ape evolution...Judau descended from apes!
I am a Gundam!