Dynasty warriors: Gundam 3

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Re: Dynasty warriors: Gundam 3

Well looks like all the extra pilots are out, so that's probably the end of the DLC huh?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
halo1000

Sure looks that way. Kinda glad seeing as I lost interest in this one a lot quicker than the second, didn't see the point of downloading all those extra missions and I wasn't too impressed with how the Cherudim and Arios played. I think my main gripes with the game were the lack of proper space levels, the size of the levels and how none of them really had any significant aesthetic elements from actual gundam locations other than the 00 based levels.
Shinigam_Newtype

I was a little surprised to see that you had to purchase any extra downloadable suits, for some reason, I assumed they'd be free.

Also, does anyone know if the Turn A can use the Nukes like it could in DWG 2?
I love the Turn A and it was my main suit in DWG 2, the chest nukes could clear a field instantly.
"I'm not as impatient as you, I can wait for humanity to learn and grow" - Amuro Ray.

PSN ID: Shinigam_Newtype
3DS Friend Code: 4468 0954 9080
Doctord

To go on the subject on playing the stories from the shows. I just looked through the trophies on the ps3 and it has one for completing the tv shows from the first gundam to chars counterattack.

I also downloaded a mission with the giants; has anyone else played this one? I can't even knock one down yet. Btw my psn is crushker.
" Or you could go the G Gundam route and have MS shaped like fish and windmills. Plus old men taking down MS with towels."

Char Aznable touching your butt is like the Gundam version of being knighted!
2NA Fish

Shinigam_Newtype wrote:Also, does anyone know if the Turn A can use the Nukes like it could in DWG 2?
I love the Turn A and it was my main suit in DWG 2, the chest nukes could clear a field instantly.
Yes, it's the same thing. Put on Overdrive and off you go. However, the nuke has been nerfed so it doesn't refill your Musou guage when Impulse is equipped. It also seems to do a bit less damage.
Shinigam_Newtype

2NA Fish wrote:
Shinigam_Newtype wrote:Also, does anyone know if the Turn A can use the Nukes like it could in DWG 2?
Yes, it's the same thing. Put on Overdrive and off you go. However, the nuke has been nerfed so it doesn't refill your Musou guage when Impulse is equipped. It also seems to do a bit less damage.
Is Impulse the skill that automatically increases the SP gauge?

It sucks that they nerfed, it's string strong enough to clear a field though...right?
"I'm not as impatient as you, I can wait for humanity to learn and grow" - Amuro Ray.

2NA Fish

Impulse is the one that sucks enemies in when you do a shooting type attack. For some reason it allows the nuke to refill Musou guage. Yeah, it's a bug that makes no sense, but damn it's awesome!!

You'll clear most fields with a nuke no problem on Normal if I recall correctly. On Hard, you might need 2 or 3 because it doesn't do enough damage.
Shinigam_Newtype

2NA Fish wrote:
You'll clear most fields with a nuke no problem on Normal if I recall correctly. On Hard, you might need 2 or 3 because it doesn't do enough damage.
OMG, what??!! Even on hard, the Nuke would have cleared a field, now I need 2 or 3 tries?! The nerfed the hell out of that move, it's the only reason I could do the harder extra missions in DWG 2.

Would you recommend any other spammage suits?

2NA Fish

In Musou 2, Zeta Gundam's HML Musou was great, and did ridiculous damage to downed enemy MAs. V2 Gundam's Wings of Light was great for both crowd clearing and damaging bosses. Zeong was also pretty awesome.

In Musou 3, Knight Gundam for sure. Hit Musou, go nuts, recover guage within 2 attacks, Musou again. Easy mode. If you need something early game, God Gundam's God Slash Typhoon is great and isn't even a Musou attack.

If you search for a guy named Shokatshin on Youtube, he's got videos of some advanced techniques for various MS in Musou 3.

Hoping for more old school SD Gundam MS, and hopefully Sangokuden in Musou 4 if they ever make it.
Arbiter GUNDAM

I am digging the attacks of the Seravee Gundam. Anyone else?

--Freyja Wion
2NA Fish

I didn't bother to get Seravee and Arios. Saw some video and wasn't that impressed.
NastyNate

I am so close to platinuming this game. I have about 70 percent. Just got to get the online, all misssions and all friendships level 5.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Arbiter GUNDAM

Lol, I can't beat anything on Hard difficulty.

--Freyja Wion
Jaynz

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Lol, I can't beat anything on Hard difficulty.
The trick to the hard missions is patience. You're going to go defensive a lot more than in DW2 and wait for your openings. You also MUST have the right equipment and skills for each specific mission, and Armor Gain is an absolute must. I-Field is pretty strongly recommended, though not quite as critical.

Also, when you can, leave a field of enemies for you to use as Armor Gain fodder. Go in, hit your aces hard, boost out, recharge your SP and Armor as needed, then hit them again. Patience, again, is the key. You're just not going to out-twink the computer opponents at hard level.
NastyNate

Jaynz wrote:
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Lol, I can't beat anything on Hard difficulty.
The trick to the hard missions is patience. You're going to go defensive a lot more than in DW2 and wait for your openings. You also MUST have the right equipment and skills for each specific mission, and Armor Gain is an absolute must. I-Field is pretty strongly recommended, though not quite as critical.

Also, when you can, leave a field of enemies for you to use as Armor Gain fodder. Go in, hit your aces hard, boost out, recharge your SP and Armor as needed, then hit them again. Patience, again, is the key. You're just not going to out-twink the computer opponents at hard level.
If you are referring to the challenge mission then what you need to do is beat those last. Beat all the Memorial missions which will allow you to get level 4 Mobile suits and play with a level at least 40 Pilot. I also use beginners aid in skills and two other good ones.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
2NA Fish

Hard difficulty is more about finding anything abuseable.

eg. God Gundam God Slash Typhoon with Guard Break
Knight refilling Musou guage almost instantly using Full Armor mode charge attack
Extending Unicorn Destroy mode time by continuously doing dash charge attack - dash cancel
Sonic Boost acting as a 100% guard break and interrupt

That being said, I tried the max difficulty mission with Zakutank and can't find any way to survive it, even with all the most unfair skills equipped.
RX-93v2_Hi-Nu

Whoever asked about Original Series Story Mode, you got a partial answer, History Missions is how the game walks you through 0079, Zeta Gundam, ZZ Gundam and so forth. You have to unlock those missions by completing certain tasks before they all become available.

Beating Hard Difficulty is more about learning how to match up a pilot and suit to exploit an advantage and choosing your attachments and skills accordingly. For instance, a level 50 Amuro or Kira in any shot base suit like say "Reborns Gundam" is broken. If you equip Sniper, Airmaster (Musou Attack), and Armor Gain you're guaranteed to clear maps of their fodder and aces alike. Impulse on any shot base attack is win. The other two vary depending on your strenghts or weaknesses.
Shinigam_Newtype

Almost a year late to the party, but I've finally bought the game. I must say, I'm quite pleased with the game. I prefer the ease with which I can increase relationships and that regardless of who I use as a pilot, the relationships and licenses etc are all constant throughout all the pilots. I'm also glad to see an active online community even a year after the games release. With DWG2, it was only about 2 weeks before it became a ghost town.

Also, are there any recommendations for who I should use and what MS I should pilot when playing the challenge missions? I like playing with a lot of the characters and can't really decide who I should start 'maining' with.

SlowTurtle

Unicorn Gundam is always a fan favorite and the 00 Gundamn is not bad either.
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."
--Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: Generations
FordR

Having level 4'ing and using most of the high tier suits I'd have to say the "best" one is easily the Unicorn, it's C6 outside of transformation easily levels most fields, and inside of transformation it's a beast.

It's really not a challenging game even on hard if you equip final sacrifice + beginners aid.

My personal favorite is Treize but his suit isn't too high on the high tier, I just go with him because it's Treize. (I refuse to pilot anything but the Tallgeese 2 with him. >_>). However, the overdrive skill on it is quite fantastic and decimating on every level, if you use that as the third skill you'll see what I mean.

Honestly with those two skills you can use pretty much anyone you want in any of the high tier suits and you shouldn't have a problem, though statistically I think God Gundam is one of the "best" suits, since this is a melee focused game (obviously).
AKA- TheTrueYup