Triple sword fight

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
nacho-wan

Triple sword fight

For those who are following the Linebarrel manga, one of the lastest chapters has badass Vardant holding three swords in each hand http://smgscanlations.files.wordpress.c ... 81-182.jpg. Quite similar to Date Murasame from the Basara videogames/anime franchise.

As cool as a giant robot with three swords arranged as a dragon claw can be, I highly doubt that it has any utility at all. You lose finness and technique for the extra two blades per hand. And what do you gain? Badass status?
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
ShadowCell

Re: Triple sword fight

nothing is more important in giant robot cartoons
nacho-wan

ShadowCell wrote:nothing is more important in giant robot cartoons
Slap myself. Rule of cool. This is a Super Robot show after all!
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Dark Duel

Of course. Just like when Beginning Gundam did that with three of its six beam sabers in Gunpla Builders.
It's simple RULE OF COOL, that's all.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Wingnut

Dark Duel wrote:Of course. Just like when Beginning Gundam did that with three of its six beam sabers in Gunpla Builders.
It's simple RULE OF COOL, that's all.
Beginning's also proved practical in that first fight as while the Bawoo stopped one saber with its own, but the other two kept going to damage the arm and leave it wide open to be cut into several pieces.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
iKhaotic

Three swords isn't practical in human hands, in mechas however, it CAN make sense. I don't follow Linebarrel, but going by that picture, it seems like the three swords are extensions of the mech's hands or mounted on the hands themselves, kinda like claws. If that's the case, I believe it can be wielded pretty effectively.

I was picturing its hands holding three swords by the handle, that would just be a mess. I also pictured one sword in each hand plus one in the mouth (in the style of Zoro from One Piece).
[Relinquish your pain...unto me...]
[Neither will alone, nor strength alone]
~Sword of the Blue Skies~
nacho-wan

iKhaotic wrote:Three swords isn't practical in human hands, in mechas however, it CAN make sense. I don't follow Linebarrel, but going by that picture, it seems like the three swords are extensions of the mech's hands or mounted on the hands themselves, kinda like claws. If that's the case, I believe it can be wielded pretty effectively.

I was picturing its hands holding three swords by the handle, that would just be a mess. I also pictured one sword in each hand plus one in the mouth (in the style of Zoro from One Piece).
Actually IT IS a mechanical hand holding three individual swords in the space between fingers. They are not attached to the hand itself. Moritsugu (Vardant's pilot; the mecha with the multiple swords) used to fight with two on each hand and sometimes only one in each hand for those situations that require better control IMO.
-Henry I. Miller
TheGundamMKII

Honestly, I wouldn't think about this too hard.

However, since it is a mech and not a human hand, I'm sure the mechanics have compensated for his fighting style. Comic-book science and all that...
SonicSP

Or maybe just place a magnet on the hands/fingers and all that. A very strong magnet.