what LED's to get for a MG 00 raiser.

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
AdamusKane

what LED's to get for a MG 00 raiser.

i have, among other kits, a MG 00 Raiser coming for HLJ within the week. the description on HLJ says that it can support up to 4 more LED lights above the one that it gives you.
my question regards these LED lights.
1. how good are they? worth it to put them in or not?
2. if so what lights should i get (i still have the second half of the order at HLJ waiting for stuff to be in stock so they would be shipped with the second set)
3. what work is involved in getting the lights into the model. (i plan on building the 00 last so i would be able to put them in as i build)
4. what batteries do they need and how long do they last?

thanks in advance for any help

-Kane
valkyriepilot

Re: what LED's to get for a MG 00 raiser.

===> I have the MG Exia Ignition Mode, and based on its reviews and kit description, the MG 00-Raiser uses the same LED unit as the MG Exia. The MG 00-Raiser itself comes with 1 LED unit. (There is another edition of the MG 00-Raiser, China or Asia exclusive something, not sure of the exact name, that has ALL 5 LED UNITS packaged with the kit; you might wanna look that up.) These LED units shine bright, and they actually look good on the MG exia, illuminating the chest orb and GN drive well. I did hear comments from friends who bought the MG 00-Raiser to not bother lighting up the eyes, since the LED unit seems unable to illuminate well the transparent eye pieces.

2. if so what lights should i get (i still have the second half of the order at HLJ waiting for stuff to be in stock so they would be shipped with the second set)
===> Bandai is going to release Green and Red LED units separately, same type as the ones packaged with MG Exia IM and MG 00-Raiser. (You can look it up on HLJ.) Just take your pick on which set you wanna get, whether you wanna simulate GN particles (Green) or you wanna simulate a "Trans-Am"-ish effect (Red). You can probably mix LED colors as well, like, use Green LEDs on the GN Drives and use Red on the 0-Raiser binders, something like that.

3. what work is involved in getting the lights into the model. (i plan on building the 00 last so i would be able to put them in as i build)
===> Very minimal work. The LED units are already assembled, and you just need to pop in the batteries, screw the cover on, and pop in the LED assembly into your kit as indicated in the construction manual.

===> They use LR41 button batteries.
duke4799

valkyriepilot wrote:===> Bandai is going to release Green and Red LED units separately
Red set?! Where?! There was a limited run on Bandai Hobby Shop (Japan only) for red ones but they were for the BHS Limited MG 00 Raiser Trans AM. There has been no news of a red set being released as far as I know outside of that limited run. And HLJ only has a green set listed.

BANDAI, YOU HAVE FOILED MY PLANS ONCE AGAIN!
Until Next Time: Happy Building!
-Joe
Joe's Gunpla

Want to Buy LM Leo or Taurus from Gundam Wing, built or unbuilt! Willing to pay big!
valkyriepilot

yes, i think those are the ones from Bandai Hobby Shop, though looking at this post, it doesn't seem to indicate that you have to buy the MG 00-Raiser Transam mode if you want to buy those red LED units.
duke4799

They are still Bandai Hobby Shop limited which means Japan only...
Until Next Time: Happy Building!
-Joe
Joe's Gunpla

Want to Buy LM Leo or Taurus from Gundam Wing, built or unbuilt! Willing to pay big!
Umsden

valkyriepilot wrote:1. how good are they? worth it to put them in or not?
===> I have the MG Exia Ignition Mode, and based on its reviews and kit description, the MG 00-Raiser uses the same LED unit as the MG Exia. The MG 00-Raiser itself comes with 1 LED unit. (There is another edition of the MG 00-Raiser, China or Asia exclusive something, not sure of the exact name, that has ALL 5 LED UNITS packaged with the kit; you might wanna look that up.) These LED units shine bright, and they actually look good on the MG exia, illuminating the chest orb and GN drive well. I did hear comments from friends who bought the MG 00-Raiser to not bother lighting up the eyes, since the led tubes unit seems unable to illuminate well the transparent eye pieces.

===> Bandai is going to release Green and Red LED units separately, same type as the ones packaged with MG Exia IM and MG 00-Raiser. (You can look it up on HLJ.) Just take your pick on which set you wanna get, whether you wanna simulate GN particles (Green) or you wanna simulate a "Trans-Am"-ish effect (Red). You can probably mix LED colors as well, like, use Green LEDs on the GN Drives and use Red on the 0-Raiser binders, something like that.

===> Very minimal work. The LED units are already assembled, and you just need to pop in the batteries, screw the cover on, and pop in the LED assembly into your kit as indicated in the construction manual.

===> They use LR41 button batteries.
LED technology is the best one available in the market. For deep information it is better to serach in Google. Plenty of information is available on them.
ErnestoTorres

AdamusKane wrote:i have, among other kits, a MG 00 Raiser coming for HLJ within the week. the description on HLJ says that it can support up to 4 more LED lights above the one that it gives you.
my question regards these
led light.

thanks in advance for any help

-Kane
have you got the kits you were searching for? Even i am looking for similar kits so please help me with your experience