Topic Submission Thread Mark II

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
eanetdude

Re: Topic Submission Thread Mark II

Have you considered doing another live call-in segment?
Arbiter GUNDAM

I will also vote for another live call-in segment.

Also, would a segment on Mobile Suit Gundam Abridged by Guted Wren Studios be possible?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Dollow

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I will also vote for another live call-in segment.

Also, would a segment on Mobile Suit Gundam Abridged by Guted Wren Studios be possible?
I would like to see both of these too.

Also Last Exile anime spotlight
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
Chris
Administrator

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Also, would a segment on Mobile Suit Gundam Abridged by Guted Wren Studios be possible?
No. Why would we devote a segment to a fan work?
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Arbiter GUNDAM

I don't see why not but you're the boss, boss.

Another idea: Fun crossovers that you think would work well. Example: Macross and Halo.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Devil_Survivor
Location: Fat's Goodmen's base preparing for Fat's Counterattack

Hey Gundamn crew!

I thought up a topic for the show you might find interesting. If you could take over the body of any character in Gundam or any other mecha show and alter some of the actions they took during the that show, which character would you take control of? Me personally I would take control of Athrun Zala in Destiny and use the Saviour Gundam to full effect and rack up massive destruction, plus tell Lacus I don't want no remake suit from Seed I blew up already haha.

Thanks,
Devil
This movie has a beginning, a middle, a end, and explosions.... and is not a giant blow job to the U.S. military. -Chris, on Transformers 3.
kayone73

Here's a topic idea I thought of on my drive into work this morning: Dream team mashups for the Gundam franchise.

Any well known anime writer/directors who haven't touched the Gundam franchise before and how you'd imagine their take on the franchise could be, ranging from the 'easier-to-imagine' sci-fi oriented types like Mamoru Oshii (Patlabor), Satoshi Kon, rest in peace (Paprika, Perfect Blue), Masamune Shirow (GiTS), Otomo (Akira) or even out to left field like Miyazaki (Laputa) or daresay...Rumiko Takahashi (Ranma).
Mekton GM

How about a segment ccovering one shot mecha/Scifi anime movies from the 80s and 90s. Stuff like Venus Wars, Black Magic 99, Dominion Tank Police, Gale Force, ect. Descuss some that you would recomend someone check out, talk about the good and bad parts of each.
Last edited by Mekton GM on Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Great great great great great great great great grandfather of HOWARD MASON!!!!!!
Xbox Live Gamertag: Anubis214
the Gatekeeper
Location: The Endless Illusion, a paradise for fools. A place for lost souls where savage dreams abound.

I got (a really bad) topic for Gundam (thats probably been mentioned)

Funny stories of times that "normal" people have mistaken your anime, if mecha then Transformers or to a lesser extent Robotech and if not then Naruto or Bleach.
Yes, I'm aware that you have mentioned some instances, but you have not (at least from what I've seen) talked at length.

Alright, a second one: What 2 characters from different anime would make a good couple

Also, a better topic, two words: (George)LUCAS TOILET
Last edited by the Gatekeeper on Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Men, they're all idiots. All you have to do is wear something tight, wave your ass at them and they're yours."

-Suzuka Hime (Mugen no Frontier)

... Are we that predictable?
NastyNate

It would be awesome to have either a live call in or a live panel at a con where you guys could ask some of the toughest gundam trivia and the Gundamn fans would have to answer the questions.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

How about a discussion of the different main characters of the different Gundam series comparing and contrasting Amuro, Kamille, Domon, Heero, and everybody else, and an analysis of that character within his own respective show? I don't think we've had a nice analytical discussion like this for a while.

(I'm always a little disappointed when you guys dismiss Heero for superficial qualities, however. It's like he's a caricature of himself. I guess it's unavoidable now since you guys see him the way you see him, so I'll just have to talk about him a bit whenever the thread is opened.) =/
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Mu La Flaga

So here is a fun idea kind of, after hearing episode 19 and the live call in segment.

The infamous coloseum got mention and it gave me an idea.

Why not do something kind of like that, but say you guys pick 2 mechs and let everyone reply or vote on who would win in a poll, so again a listener participation idea for you guys.
Chris
Administrator

Mu La Flaga wrote:So here is a fun idea kind of, after hearing episode 19 and the live call in segment.

Why not do something kind of like that, but say you guys pick 2 mechs and let everyone reply or vote on who would win in a poll, so again a listener participation idea for you guys.
No offense, but that's a horrible idea. You've only heard about the Coliseum, but you never experienced it. There's a reason why it doesn't exist anymore.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Man, I miss the Coliseum.

Such great match-ups.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Mu La Flaga

Chris wrote:
Mu La Flaga wrote:So here is a fun idea kind of, after hearing episode 19 and the live call in segment.

No offense, but that's a horrible idea. You've only heard about the Coliseum, but you never experienced it. There's a reason why it doesn't exist anymore.
None taken, just thought it might be an idea, but I knew it would get shot down.

But why not the goold old stuff of Bright's chair vs Petite MS.

I wish I was here when it exsisted so I could see the randomness of that forum. :P
TheMechaMessiah

My whole topic idea is pretty much a giant spoiler.
Spoiler
Topic Name Idea: The Mecha Murderers

Actual topic discussion: A discussion on the various characters in mecha that light up the screen by offing other characters. Also the benefits of having a character or characters who can add tension to the show by adding actual danger to battles. I'd also like to hear about some other mecha murderers from lesser known shows if you know of any. Note: It's not about how many mooks/unarmed civilians you kill but whether or not the people you kill were named characters. A million is a statistic after all.

Something I'd also like to see from this discussion is who has the highest character kill count in all of mecha. I used to think it was Prince Ali but after careful examination I have found that Chikane Himemiya from Kannazuki no Miko beats him by a single kill. Ali had 7 and she had 8 total provided you don't count the finale where 7 of her kills get bought back to life in the last few minutes of the show. Basically I wanna see a who's who of mecha related murders and who in fact may be the absolute king or queen of character killing.

You could also list characters from shows that are partly mecha. Like Shizuru Fujino (only 2 character kills though) from Mai Hime. No one actually pilots a mech in that show but the monsters the girls use to fight one another are very robotic looking.

Ali's Killing Spree:
http://www.thatanimeblog.com/wp-content ... board4.jpg

Shizuru and her Snake of Doom, Kiyohime:
http://shiznat.webs.com/photos/Fanart-a ... 321tav.jpg
raijinz

Sup Gundamn crew, Raijinz here! Remember how I joked about doing a discussion on Sex Robots? Well I'm here to submit that very topic! ^_^

Actually, lets expand it a bit so it can be taken a bit more seriously. What are your opinions on the continuing dependance of humans for technology, and the developing problem of people surning human interaction in favor of technology in the form of virtual females.

This could include such things as Apple products, Hatsune Miku, the LovePlus Nintendo DS game, Chobits, and all those Japanese robot companies currently working on robotic hostesses with semi-lifelike movement and facial expressions...
////////////////
A Bright-slap is too good for you!!
PSN: roytecx
Mu La Flaga

Here is an idea I came up with.

Characters who perhaps deserved redemption or not to perhaps die and weren't totally evil to the core, characters who weren't willingly evil to put it better but ended up dying.

And just to make it fair, don't have to limit it to just Gundam or real robot entries alone.

For instance.
Sarah from Zeta Gundam, Four Murasume, Rosamia/Rosammy, Stella from SEED Destiny, Flay from SEED, Natarle Badgiruel, Puru 2 from ZZ.

This can also apply to male characters if you want also, but I did think of this one sort of from the 2010 Megacon episode where one of the comments on a trope was.

"The psycho chick always dies"

Also seperate suggestion.
Anime Spotlight on Dancougar Nova.

Be nice to see a change from that, also you can make note of ones who deserved to stay dead, for instance Quess from CCA.
The Fowl Sorcerous

how about you just get mu la flaga on a skype chat, so he can ask questions to you directly rather than the slow process of the mailbag.
[[lorem ipsum]]
Mu La Flaga

The Fowl Sorcerous wrote:how about you just get mu la flaga on a skype chat, so he can ask questions to you directly rather than the slow process of the mailbag.
That is probably for the inevitable live call in episode most likely.

Not to mention everyone else who shows up on there.