Ep. 084 - Neo's Counterattack!

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Chris
Administrator

Re: Ep. 084 - Neo's Counterattack!

Since Soul Bro forgot to mention this in the show notes, I'll put it here instead. Tomorrow's recording of Gundamn episode 85 is being pre-empted. Instead, we'll be recording Shinjuku Station at the Movies, with a roundup of the summer's comic book movies. So you'll have to wait a few more weeks for another Gundamn episode, but in the meantime you'll get some Shinjuku.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Mu La Flaga

Sounds good to me, I was kind of wondering when that comes out anyway.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Chris wrote:Since Soul Bro forgot to mention this in the show notes, I'll put it here instead. Tomorrow's recording of Gundamn episode 85 is being pre-empted. Instead, we'll be recording Shinjuku Station at the Movies, with a roundup of the summer's comic book movies. So you'll have to wait a few more weeks for another Gundamn episode, but in the meantime you'll get some Shinjuku.
When were you going to tell me?
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Chris
Administrator

hawk of endymion wrote:
Chris wrote:Since Soul Bro forgot to mention this in the show notes, I'll put it here instead. Tomorrow's recording of Gundamn episode 85 is being pre-empted. Instead, we'll be recording Shinjuku Station at the Movies, with a roundup of the summer's comic book movies. So you'll have to wait a few more weeks for another Gundamn episode, but in the meantime you'll get some Shinjuku.
When you get your pink slip!
snoops619

hawk of endymion wrote:

I am so excited for all this.
3,000,000,000 points. I can almost taste the brownies.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Since this was pretty much a mailbag episode-

I understand what you're saying about Hollywood having lots of money but it just seems to me that with technology getting as advanced as it is, it seems like it would be easier to do awesome CGI whatever your budget. I mean, just about anyone can make a cinema-like lightsaber fight now with their laptops.

As for Admiral Adama, picture this: Adama is in charge of the UN Spacy during Space War I. Do things go the same way or does it happen differently? :)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Koshernova

Great episode again, all! I keep trying to figure out new Mailbag questions for this or Chaos Theatre, but I've been drawing a bit of a blank recently. Anyway.

One thing that I don't get is: why is it pathetic for grown men to like My Little Pony and not Sailor Moon? I'm trying to wrap my head around that one. I mean, you guys talk about Transformers, a very silly show aimed at children, from the 80s. I guess the gendering of it is what bothers me, this whole thing of 'boys nostalgia is cool but girls nostalgia is sad/pathetic'. I have to admit I haven't seen the new Pony show (never really into that franchise), but if you can admit that dudes can with no problem watch magical girl shows, then what gives?
"There's always hope tomorrow will be taco night."
Chris
Administrator

Koshernova wrote:I guess the gendering of it is what bothers me, this whole thing of 'boys nostalgia is cool but girls nostalgia is sad/pathetic'.
This is a complete misrepresentation and not at all what I said. I never attacked women for having girls nostalgia. I have no issue there. My issue is with "bronies" propping up the new My Little Pony as though it's the BEST THING EVAR. As much as I enjoy Transformers, it's not the BEST THING EVAR, and there are plenty of parts that are just crap. Even moreso, my issue is Pony fans (of both genders) flooding blogs and forums with pony meme pics and gifs as if they're funny and anyone cares about it outside of their group.
Soul Bro Ryu

That episode of Shinjuku Station At the Movies we alluded to this episode is finally here!!!

SSATM Review 003 - Summer Comic Book Movie Round-up!
- Download Now!: 128 kbps - 153 min., 17 sec. (2:33:17) - 140 MB - NSFW!!!

Movie Discussed: "Cowboys & Aliens", "Green Lantern", "Thor", "Captain America: The First Avenger" & "X-Men: First Class".

Click the Episode Title above for all the details, and enjoy the change of pace! We'll be back again in 2 weeks for another episode of Gundamn! @ MAHQ!
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu