Gundam Wing Mechanics Questions

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
SNT1

Re: Gundam Wing Mechanics Questions

DoubleZero wrote:
he “feathers” will self-destruct upon impact; drop off automatically during high heat, so as to protect the main wing and the main MS.
That doesn't seem practical, but the wing's whole concept is pretty amazing.

---

Anyway, can I have some confirmation on some info:
*According to Japanese Gundam wiki, the Aries has a flight speed of Mach 2 or more.
*Also, it states in the Mobile Doll article that an MD incorporates the algorithm based on the data made when fighting other pilots during combat(Did this come from the Wing MS Encyclopedia by any chance?).
Considering that Aries' flight form most resembles a box with winglets (moreso than any other 'variable' MS at least) I'd say Mach 2 is pretty impressive. Yet it only has a speed rating of 110. Yes, ratings are a bit vague and inaccurate in and of itself but one could safely assume the raw, violent Tallgeese and the variable Gundams can even go much faster than that.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
DoubleZero

I found a PG Wing Zero manual and some Chinese translated texts. I don't know how accurate it is, though.
"Rush hour, during the Dark hour..."
E08

Those text seems to be from the MG maunal rather than from PG maunal.
DoubleZero

E08 wrote:Those text seems to be from the MG maunal rather than from PG maunal.
Well, Darn.

Still, would you translate the Arm unit and the Leg unit, though?
E08

Sure, but will take some time.....
E08

Ok, i tried my best. Included other parts as well.

Introduction

At the beginning of AC century, MS was originally powered space suit created for work purposes during the construction of space colonies. It was a piloted work machine with arms and its full name is ‘Manipulatable Order Build and Industrial Labours Extended Suit’. Its current form, as a large humanoid weapon, occurs after Romefeller Foundation participated in MS development and its creation of OZ. Such use has been brought up several times before and with further development of the work use MS was technically possible, but the need for it was controversial. The main problem was that it has no market, but Romefeller Foundation changed the situation by participating under the excuse of opening up a new market.

Tallgeese, regarded as the ancestor of modern MS was developed after numerous testing. However, its goal of excelling in all areas meant that as a weapon, it has a fatal flaw; its mobility and movement are above human limits.

Although Tallgeese’s development ended with one prototype unit and spare parts for multiple units, technologies pioneered during the process are since used widely. OZ created its MS series starting with Tallgeese’s production model, Leo. Tallgeese's main developers left OZ during this period as they joined the development of weaponised MS not for Federation’s or the Foundation’s use, but to create their ideal MS.

To develop a machine better than Tallgeese after leaving OZ, they started to research on the idea basic MS structure with a deep discussion regarding Tallgeese’s abilities and structure. Although the weapon system was also designed, what they want to create was the MS’s purest form. Thus, the key to the new unit that can match Tallgeese’s abilities lies in Zero Frame.

Zero Frame

Wing Zero Custom seems to have a movable frame design unlike OZ’s MS and is able to function in this state within a short time (Not sure if this part is correct). While the function of OZ’s MS can be affected if its armor is damaged, WZC is able to fight even if 90% of the armor is gone. As such, Zero Frame might be even better than Tallgeese and this performance take into account the fact that its weapon, equipment and armor are much more than Tallgeese’s.

As its structure utilized gundanium alloy which has much better performance and potential than Tallgeese’s, its strength meets combat requirement. However, it has the same flaw as Tallgeese, “mobile weapon that human cannot control”, and is more severe. Thus, the developers locked it away. The real problem lies in the man-machine interface, which includes all control systems. Although the system’s prototype has been designed, this is just a stop gap measure which relies on future technological development; it cannot be completed at this point of time. The threat pose by this unit’s strong power is another reason why they locked it away. In the end, each of the 5 scientists managed to independently design a gundam.

Weapon system (just the interesting points)

Actually, the machine cannon profile seems to say that they can be manually controlled after zero system starts up. Beam sabers are useable underwater. Rate of fire is the priority when the rifles are separated.

Arm Unit

Not only does it serve as the executing unit for many of the MS’s action, it is also the energy supply terminal for the rifles and beam sabers. Majority of the MS’s action can be completed through the Zero Frame and full reproduction of human dexterity is possible. WZC is worthy of being called the ancestor of gundam due to its high flexibility. Other than being a structural framework, Zero Frame also contains the drive units for the main body and limbs. Energy supply network for the weapons and WZC’s armor are hence independent of the body’s movement. This also allows the rifles to be supplied with large amount of energy, enough to destroy a colony. Although 20 years of technological development have passed between it being designed and its completion, it is still hastily completed using the latest technology wholesale as the design is too futuristic.

Leg Unit

On earth, they are not only for walking but also involved in other actions except flying. WZC is able to fight freely due to the leg unit’s robustness, flexibility and they function as part of Zero Frame. As the structural frame work is separate from the weapons and armor, WZC has mobility and range of movement beyond that of non gundam MS. What this means is that while the MS is moving, the movement of the structural frame work is able to create sufficient space so that objects like armor pieces do not affect each other. The leg units account for about 50% of the MS mass and AMBAC due to the movement of the 4 limbs are very important to the MS during combat in weightless environment. Thus, the leg units are important part of the MS as they serve as walking devices, landing gears for aerial battle and mobility devices in weightless environment.
DoubleZero

The Chinese Translation of the MG Wing Manual, I think.
E08

Interesting points from MG Wing Gundam manual

Zero system was designed in response to Tallgeese’s failure. OZ managed to obtain some data fragments and from them, correctly predicted the existence of gundams, but did not see it as a big threat. The wings can serve as thrusters and have high defensive power. In space, the wings are also involved in AMBAC. Its speed can be controlled through slight adjustment of the body shape. Although OZ has flight capable, high mobility MS; they are still lacking in firepower. Thus, fighter jets and bombers are still indispensable. Combining the shield and the rifle to form the frontal portion in MA form has an effect on its flight characteristic. This docking mechanism also brings the different parts close together, allowing transformation without affecting movement. During the transformation to bird mode, position of thrusters, body shape, aerial characteristics, etc are changed so as to concentrate thrust near the center of gravity. Rotation of the shoulder armor and waist causes all verniers/thrusters to face backwards, increasing mobility during bird mode.

The chinese text about the buster rifle seems to skip certain information when I compare it to the original japanese text, thus the information below is clobbered from the chinese text and what little I can infer from the japanese text (I can only read some katakana and kanji). Perhaps someone better in japanese can give it a shot

Buster Rifle - Due to the use of gundanium alloy, the performance and durability of all parts involved in beam generation are greatly enhanced. The generator’s efficiency was dramatically improved, allowing the storage of high energy particles. Condensers made of gundanium alloy were also successfully created. The energy within the rifle is comparable to that consumed by a medium size city. The beam is able to ionize the surrounding air, creating a plasma vortex with a diameter of 150m and dozens of kilometers long. The beam itself forms a composite layer with slow moving, destructive particle flowing in the center of the high energy region that has high kinetic and penetration power. Beside armor made of gundanium alloy, only high powered magnetic anti-field or beam weapon with similar power can withstand/avoid the attack.
Veritech 19

ive been trying to make a model of the gundam deathscythe in my mechanical engineering years but wasnt able to finish. the gundam model is very feasible. is there any college or online mediums that could help me obtain or finish my work?