Small Arms of OMNI Enforcer and ZAFT of the Cosmic Era

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Sabersonic

Small Arms of OMNI Enforcer and ZAFT of the Cosmic Era

After a look over of LtFrankie's own topic on Universal Century Small Arms, it had raised a question in concern of the firearms and other infantry weapons utilized by the Earth Alliance and PLANTs in the First Bloody Valentine War. Has there been any publication and scans of the small arms used by the characters in Gundam Seed such as the Earth Alliance's bullpup assault rifle with the thumbhole style stock or even Andrew Waltfelt's (presumably) machine pistol with the magazine mounted before the reciever rather then in the pistol grip as is in conventional pistols such as this particular weapon.

Or is it just window dressing that has no real data when compared to the mobile weapons, vehicles and spacecraft featured in that particular universe?
Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad

"If I had seen farther than others, it has been by standing on the shoulders of giants." - Sir Issac Newton
Wingnut

Re: Small Arms of OMNI Enforcer and ZAFT of the Cosmic Era

There was a page in a Seed Official File book, but that's all I've found. Blue = EA, Red = ZAFT. Not sure about the yellow one.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
ShadowCell

The yellow one is Orb.
Sabersonic

Well it's nice to know that there is some data for the infantry small arms, and by the look of the assault rifles they appear to utilize the floating barrel concept.

But from the look of the scan, it doesn't seem to show the name of these rifles and pistols, or at least what would be familiar military designation jargon most western audiences would be familiar with or even the caliber rounds of the assault rifle (one can assume that the pistols, semi-automatic and machine, utilize the parabellum cartridge).

Those that can read kanji can correct me, but should I assume that the small arm calibers are just one more hand wave compared to the mobile suits themselves?

On another note, the Orb Assault Rifle seems suspiciously conventional in overall design when Orb had been known for its technology curve in the military sector. Or is that just me?
Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad

"If I had seen farther than others, it has been by standing on the shoulders of giants." - Sir Issac Newton
JEFFPIATT

I always thought that the human use weapons and conventional vehicles got the short end of the stick by the mechanical designers. witch is more apparent in 0079 where the Zeon use bazooka is exactly the same line-art model as the one used by the dom.
blind_dead_mcjones

JEFFPIATT wrote:I always thought that the human use weapons and conventional vehicles got the short end of the stick by the mechanical designers. witch is more apparent in 0079 where the Zeon use bazooka is exactly the same line-art model as the one used by the dom.
pretty much (its probably at its worst with the handguns used by celestial being in 00, seriously how the hell do those things even work?)

OT: from what i can tell the smalls arms in CE are vague interpretations of some real world small arms, with various features changed in the name of artistic licence/budget/laziness

in short, for all intents and purposes yes they are window dressing
Flag Fighter for life!
mcred23

blind_dead_mcjones wrote:OT: from what i can tell the smalls arms in CE are vague interpretations of some real world small arms, with various features changed in the name of artistic licence/budget/laziness

Many of the UC guns mentioned in the other thread are no different, what with the inceasing use of obvious Nazi weapons for Zeon, or the Federation's main assault rifle being a clone of the L85. I wouldn't be surprised if the other universes do the same thing (I'm pretty sure Garrod had something identical to an M1911 during an episode of Gundam X :P).

The real question is what are these based on, and where can I get one. :mrgreen:
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Wingnut

mcred23 wrote:The real question is what are these based on, and where can I get one. :mrgreen:
Try your local Toys R Us. :lol:
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
tHeWasTeDYouTh

mcred23 wrote:
blind_dead_mcjones wrote:OT: from what i can tell the smalls arms in CE are vague interpretations of some real world small arms, with various features changed in the name of artistic licence/budget/laziness

Many of the UC guns mentioned in the other thread are no different, what with the inceasing use of obvious Nazi weapons for Zeon, or the Federation's main assault rifle being a clone of the L85. I wouldn't be surprised if the other universes do the same thing (I'm pretty sure Garrod had something identical to an M1911 during an episode of Gundam X :P).

The real question is what are these based on, and where can I get one. :mrgreen:

those are the DISCO GUNS my friend

you can get one by pissing off some soccer mom and having her cry at Cartoon Network which will then make CC send you the DISCO GUN
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
mcred23

Yeah, I know what they were. I think those, and it's many, many other odd edits, were mainly just the typical over reaction everyone had to Super Bowl XXXVIII's halftime, rather than any parents complaining specifically about SEED's content (Since the edits started with the very first episode, although IIRC the disco guns didn't first show up until they got to Earth with Andrew...).
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')