Seed/Astray Information (Mostly Astray)

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Cmdr Harabec

Re: Seed/Astray Information (Mostly Astray)

Gelgoog Jager wrote:Finally, going back to the information regarding the N Dagger N, it says that the Alliance had other experimental units for gathering data about Mirage Colloid. Does this means that there were other Blitz Gundams (and therefore probably more units of the other 4 EA Gundams also existed), or were other types of units used for gathering the data?
There was also a "Stealth Moebius" detailed in Astray B, as he mentioned much earlier - it was defeated by the Blue Frame, which used the sensor unit to detect it when the stray Mirage Colloid particles would cloak other objects it came near to (space debris, likely).
E08

Glad you guys like the info.
I'm confused here, most likely because I don't know when was Genesis Alpha taken over by Serpent Trail and the Junk Guild. If the N Dagger N are completed after the Bloody Valentine War, does that mean that Ash Gray was still on possesion of Alpha Genesis after the end of the war? Or on the other hand does that mean that some of these Daggers were ready before the end of the war?
The theft of Testament occured close to the end of seed. Didnt realise the contradiction there till you point it out. After reading through the destiny astray chapter, i realise i may have jump the gun when i wrote that N dagger Ns are involved in the theft (misled by the blitz/ N Dagger N like outline of the invisible ms) The chapter did not identify the MS that enter genesis alpha, it only state that they have mirage colloid. Interesting enough, these 2 MS did not seem to help Testament fight off the guarding ZAFT troops . Perhaps they are unarmed prototype units for N Dagger N? Or other test units (similar to the stealth moebius, except they are MS) mentioned in N dagger N profile?

Regarding the rifle, i have the same view as that of DeltasTaii.
DoubleZero

I don't know if this is right but according to the MG Freedom manual, Freedom can lock-on to 10 mobile suits consecutively.

I'm just wondering if I can get a better translation, though.
"Rush hour, during the Dark hour..."
JEFFPIATT

https://picasaweb.google.com/piatt.jeff ... directlink
I did manage to get these scans off of 4chan they seem to be technical info on the normal military tech there also was an sheet on seed cockpits.
Wingnut

JEFFPIATT wrote:https://picasaweb.google.com/piatt.jeff ... directlink
I did manage to get these scans off of 4chan they seem to be technical info on the normal military tech there also was an sheet on seed cockpits.
Sorry, that page was not found.
I think you need to fix your link.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
JEFFPIATT

try it now the permissions were wrong.
Wingnut

It's still the same link and not working for me. Can anyone else see it?
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
mcred23

Nope. Doesn't work for me either.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Gelgoog Jager

AmuroNT1 wrote:Well, there were at least two of each GAT-Series Gundam, as the upgraded versions (Strike Noir et al) began their lives as the originals before being modified. There were more Strikes, as seen with Lukas' custom unit and the two that tested out the Another Strikers. And this is of course not even getting into Librarian's replicas.
That's the first time I hear about that. But even if they had the same original configuration, is there any indication that they were built during the First Bloody Valentine War and not afterwards to produce the upgraded versions?
DeltasTaii wrote:Think of in current firearms terms things like the AUG Para which uses a different barrel, bolt, magazines, and mechanism from the standard 5.56mm AUG or various far flung relatives of the AR-15 that are different internally but have the same shape, controls, and/or attachments as the M16/M4.
That actually sounds right. By the the way, I just noticed that Eurasia's CAT-XG series have a mounted version of this machinegun on their backs. Leaving aside energy requirements, maybe the Hyperion could actually replace their machineguns with beam rifles.
E08 wrote:Destiny Astray photo novel also claims that other than using Aegis Gundam’s transformation system, Regenerate Gundam also benefited from striker pack technology that ZAFT obtained by analyzing previous combat against Strike Gundam. ZAFT seems to have a plan that involves combining Testament and Regenerate Gundam, with the latter serving as striker pack for the former.
This doesn't make much sense to me. As I understand, when the Regenerate Gundam is combined with the Proto Saviour, its only advantage is that it now has a nuclear reactor. But in Testaments case, it would already have had a nuclear reactor of its own, which would make it seems pointless to combine them. Was the Regenerate Gundam supposed to have some other feature that would make this combination worth it? And do you know if there's any picture showing the combination of the Testament and Regenerate Gundams?

By the way, I just checked the Destiny Astray manga, and unless I missed it, it seems that the Proto Saviour +11 doesn't appear anywhere. Can someone please confirm if it does appear on the manga, or if it doesn't appear there, when was it first introduced and if it displayed any new abilities?

Finally, E08, would you also happen to have some information on the Pergrande and Gel Finieto? There seems to be very little info about those two rather odd units.

Thanks in advance.
Homeless

Proto-Saviour+11 appears in the last few chapters of the photonovel.

Aside from the nuclear engine benefit, I think the only "new" thing it did was use the core unit as a remote drone via the MC Virus.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
E08

Strike IWSP manual states that the GAT-X series are rebuild after the signing of the Junis treaty as Phantom Pain needs one-off customised machine for their ace pilots. They serve as the base machines for the customization.
This doesn't make much sense to me. As I understand, when the Regenerate Gundam is combined with the Proto Saviour, its only advantage is that it now has a nuclear reactor. But in Testaments case, it would already have had a nuclear reactor of its own, which would make it seems pointless to combine them. Was the Regenerate Gundam supposed to have some other feature that would make this combination worth it? And do you know if there's any picture showing the combination of the Testament and Regenerate Gundams?
I believe the part about Regenerate benefiting from striker pack technology is about its back pack’s ability to connect to any MS’s external connectors. When talking about it combining with testament, I think it is referring to the MS minus the back pack. Sadly, there is no picture showing the combination form. Skipping the part about Proto Saviour since Homeless provide the info.

Other than controlling other MS using the virus, Gel Finieto can also do the same invisibility trick as Testament (but whether it can do the other imaging tricks that testament can is unknown). The difference here is that while Testament only uses the virus to control the MS’s sensor system hence erasing its image, Gel Finieto’s virus actually affects all the MS’s system, including the control of the cockpit door. This is not really that surprising, considering that to be able to control other MS means taking over almost all of the MS’s system. Astray B notes that the virus system uses the colloid particle as a medium to spread the virus within a specific area, using the vibration level of the quantum particles (within the colloid particle?) to interfere with the operation of other computers.

As for Pergarnde, it serves as the guard unit of a satellite factory which is controlled by one of the enterprise under Azrael’s control and serves as trial weapon factory for EA. It is also one of Blue Cosmo’s R&D facilities. Pergrande is developed by this factory and had already destroyed numerous attackers before Gai. According to Astray B, its pilots are all modified (biological CPU?) so as to control the MA. In the story, it uses 3 DRAGOONs against Gai and when they returned to the core unit for recharging, Gai uses the opportunity to get close and destroys the MA.
I don't know if this is right but according to the MG Freedom manual, Freedom can lock-on to 10 mobile suits consecutively.
This info is actually in the railgun profile, it states that Freedom can lock on to a maximum of 10 units at once.

Garcia deployed Hyperion Unit 3 to fight with Gai, who was lured to Artemis, as he wants to frame Gai for what Canard did and at the same time to remove his responsibility for Canard's action. Upon seeing unit 3 activates it barrier, Gai transforms the Tactical Arms into Sword form as he knows it can penetrate the barrier due to his prior battle with Canard. After penetrating the barrier, he opened up the sword blade and use the gatling gun to destroy Unit 3.

It seems that as long as an item has anti-beam capability, it can be used to penetrate the lightwave barrier. Since positron reflector and beam shield are developed based on lightwave barrier, they may have the same weakness. This may also explains why Infinite Justice uses its shield to penetrate the barrier (positron reflector?) protecting Requiem while Akatsuki do not need to.

Edit: To better reflect the capabilities of Gel Finieto's virus since my previous statement is rather misleading.
Last edited by E08 on Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
DoubleZero

Other than controlling other MS using the virus, Gel Finieto can also do the same invisibility trick as Testament (but it cannot do the other imaging trick that testament can). The difference here is that while Testament only uses the virus to control the MS’s sensor system hence erasing its image, Gel Finieto’s virus actually affects all the MS’s system, including the control of the cockpit door. This is not really that surprising, considering that to be able to control other MS means taking over almost all of the MS’s system. Astray B notes that the virus system uses the colloid particle as a medium to spread the virus within a specific area, using the vibration level of the quantum particles (within the colloid particle?) to interfere with the operation of other computers.
I completely underestimated Gel Finieto. I used to think that it was just a weaker Testament. Pretty awesome stuff.

By the way is there any truth about Edward Harrelson almost beating Freedom in the Second Battle of Jachin Due?
E08

Forgot to add that the effects of the virus, at least in Gel Finieto's case, seems to be temporary. Continuous spreading is required to maintain its effect which is quite unlike the computer virus we now have.
By the way is there any truth about Edward Harrelson almost beating Freedom in the Second Battle of Jachin Due?
This is the first time i heard of it. Seed MSV Senki only mention the battles between Shiho & Rena (interrupted by peacemaker squad), Morgan & Mikhail (interrupted by firing of Genesis)and about a day later (or maybe less), Ed & Mikhail (interrupted by the destruction of Genesis & by Morgan).

What is interesting is that Mikhail's Ginn High Maneuver is equipped with beam saber/dagger when he encounters Ed while defending Genesis. The story states that it can only be used for a short time and is specially prepared for Genesis's defense.

Anyone knows where the claim that Blu Duel's extra armor is integrated came from?
DoubleZero

E08 wrote:Anyone knows where the claim that Blu Duel's extra armor is integrated came from?
I seem to recall the official website had it, though.
I think this is it, translated in Chinese:
  与优秀的基本性能呈对比,X102决战可以说被过低评价的MS了;但随着ZAFT方面X102具体战斗记录的明朗化,其评价转而得到了上扬。
  联合技术部门主要的着眼点是由ZAFT独自搭载附加的Assault Shroud。在Phantom Pain采用本机时,将Assault Shroud进行了再设计,并使之固定装备化;另外在PS装甲应用领域,固定装备化的设计使装甲范围由机体本体扩大到了Assault Shroud部分,令整机的防御力获得了飞跃性的提升。
  此外,这台借由推进器的大型化以及武器的追加将近战能力专门化而焕然一新的决战,被赋予了X1022决战•蓝的番号名称,并被Phantom Pain纳入专用机行列。
  本机的专属机师为缪迪•霍尔克罗夫特少尉。
Homeless

The official website actually does still exist:
http://www.seed-stargazer.net/mechanics ... mpain.html

I believe it does mention the Assault Shroud being permanently attached, in addition to getting PS.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
AmuroNT1

Indeed it does.
また、PS装甲の適用領域が、固定装備化により機体本体からアサルトシュラウドにまで拡張され、防御力は飛躍的に向上するという福次効果を得たのである。
Roughly, it says that PS Armor was expanded from the base unit to the Assault Shroud thanks to its being turned into fixed equipment, which gives Blu Duel greatly improved defense.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
E08

I should have known... thanks to all who help.
DoubleZero

The Chinese Translation of the PG Strike Freedom Manual, if anyone's interested:
Spoiler
首先感谢高达SEED吧的资料帝我是ALUD 允许我转载以下是正文内容
===============================================
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM GUNDAM
将世界从憎恨的连锁中解放,冠以自由之名的崭新之翼本机是拉克丝·克莱因托付给基拉·大和的MS,代替在之前的战斗被Impulse击破的Freedom,作为他的“力量”。
有着复杂的开发过程的本机,从结果上来说,是一台投入了ZAFT综合开发局、克莱因派及DSSD的最新技术的高性能机。 作为最大特征的翼部单元,不仅搭载了无线诱导兵器"超级龙骑兵",还搭载了转用自推进系统“光辉传递者”的推进器,实现了高火力与高机动性的共存。

凌驾于名机Freedom的超高性能MS Strike Freedom
以通称"Break the world"的事件——即由过激派调整者发起的,将Junius7推下地球的事件——为导火索,地球再一次面临战乱。 ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom这台超高性能MS,在将战乱导向和平的过程中占有一席之地。 核引擎与氘核光束充电系统并用而得的Hyper Deuterion带来了压倒性的出力,新推进系统带来了爆发般的机动性,PS装甲制内部骨架带来了柔软的驱动性,而总计15门的火炮则带来了绝大的火力,借此本机获得了凌驾于曾被称为最强的ZGMF-X10A Freedom的性能。 凭借如此的性能,Strike Freedom得以和ZGMF-X19A Infinite Justice、ZGMF-X42S Destiny、ZGMF-X666S Legend并列,一起被认为是CE73时期最强的MS之一。
Strike Freedom从开发到投入实战的过程,以及它的所属都十分复杂。 从类型编号可以得知,Strike Freedom是ZAFT试作的核动力MS。 与Freedom一样,本机在“单机就能击破多数目标的高性能万能MS,高机动与高火力兼得”这个理念之下进行了开发。
但是,由于过高的技术障碍,以及Junius条约禁止NJC这一系列问题,开发被中断了。 而且,开战之后ZAFT也没有完成Strike Freedom。 结果这台建造中的机体被夺走了(也有仅是数据被夺的说法,真相不明)。
强夺了未完成的Strike Freedom的,是以人类融合为目的的秘密机关"Terminal"("Terminal"是在战后编成的组织。前身是在前大战中,出自于ZAFT军内部的拉克丝派的反抗组织)。 前大战中ZAFT军反抗组织从ZAFT那里夺去了新锐战舰Eternal。 还拥有Freedom与ZGMF-X09A Justice,并介入了地球联合与PLANT之间的军事冲突。 扮演了阻止人类灭绝与终结战争的重要角色。 战后,由于担心军事产业复合体"Logos"与反调整者组织"Blue Cosmos"的暗中活动,以及地球联合与PLANT之间战争再演,组织改建为Terminal,并有着在发生状况时作为第三势力介入纷争、开辟和平道路的意志。
为此,Terminal将Eternal和Freedom作为战力继续保留。 但是,在地球联合与PLANT新的军事冲突中,全体MS正不断地进行高性能化,此时Terminal已经没有靠少数精英就能进行介入的余裕,所以必须要有超过Freedom的超高性能MS。 于是Strike Freedom因此被选中。
秘密拿到未完成的Strike Freedom的Terminal,在碎石带的秘密工厂"Factory"继续进行着建造和改修。 此时不仅投入了ZAFT的新锐高端MS群"Second Stage"的技术,也参考了Freedom的运用数据。 参考Freedom的运用数据,不仅仅是因为Strike Freedom与Freedom的相似性。 最大的原因莫过于本机的预定机师基拉·大和,这名以Freedom驾驶员的身份获得了巨大战果的"最高的调整者"。 实际上,Strike Freedom以基拉驾驶为前提进行了设计变更及调整。 结果完成后的机体,成为了他以外的人难以操纵的MS。
失去Freedom的基拉,新得到了Strike Freedom,但是此机的具体所属并未明确。 因为基拉身为ORB联合首长国代表的弟弟及ORB军准将,虽说机体本身是Terminal的,但在制度上可说是所属于ORB军吧。
另外,关于Strike Freedom的机体名,有一种说法是:它是由Terminal的中心人物拉克丝·克莱因命名的。 这么说可能是因为基拉曾驾驶过Strike和Freedom,于是便取这两机的名字作为新MS的机体名。

机体上搭载的新机构与强力的武装系统

Strike Freedom的外观与前代机Freedom酷似。 翼型机动装置、白·黑·蓝为基调的涂装、"Gundam"型的头部形状这几点尤其相似,因此经常只被叫成"Freedom"。 其他的,以能和支援机METEOR合体机构为代表的机关,核引擎搭载MS使用的OS-GUNDAM Complex(Generation:Unsubdued Nuclear Drive/Assault Module Complex=无限制的核驱动使用世代的强袭模块复合体)及ZGMF-X系列使用的驾驶舱,这些操作界面在改修后被直接继承下来。 因此可以确认,在系统方面两机也有很多共通点。
由于以上的理由,以及两机相同的理念,新机体的开发以Freedom发展型的形式进行推进。 但是,由于Strike Freedom毫不吝惜地投入了CE73时期的最新技术,其性能得到了飞跃性地提高。
首先是动力,变成了核引擎与氘核光束充电系统混合而成的Hyper Deuterion。 关于搭载的核引擎本身,应该是更大出力却更小型的Ultra Compact Nuclear Reactor(超小型核原子炉)。 因此,即便因为大量使用PS装甲技术、新推进系统及多数光束/电磁式武装导致电力消耗巨大,这引擎却仍能实现半永久的供给。 这里说的"大量使用PS装甲技术",不仅仅是意味着最终装甲定为VPS装甲,且运用时不出现Phase Shift Down。 还有就是Strike Freedom除了外部装甲,内部骨架也使用了PS装甲素材。
因为本机预定为基拉·大和驾驶,而他的中弹率明显很低,所以Strike Freedom比起装甲防御力更重视运动性(防御力可以靠新装备MX2000光束盾弥补——这也是理由之一)。 结果,本体通过装甲分割以及滑动机构,扩大了关节的可动范围,为配合这个,内部骨架也进行了PS装甲化。 骨架的PS装甲相转移为金色后,不仅使机体拥有了接近人体的柔软动作性,还以发光现象的形式,将机体内部溢出的剩余能量从关节部分排出。 另外,为承受住因Hyper Deuterion和新推进系统所带来的更大的出力与更大的G,本机采用了有着高度刚性和韧性的PS装甲制骨架这一举措可说是十分有效。
但是,关于提高运动性,这些机构即便起了一定的作用,但还算不上重点。 实现Freedom以上的运动性,果然靠的还是搭载了直接与机动性相关联的新推进系统『EQFU-3X 超级龙骑兵机动武装翼』。 机动武装翼由兼做姿态制御装置的8枚特殊翼构成,并搭载了由DSSD(Deep Space Survey and Development Organization=深宇宙探查开发机构)开发的、利用太阳风的行星间航行用推进系统"Voiture Lumiere"(即“光辉传递者”。译者注)所发展而来的独特推进器,实现了高机动性与运动性。
另外,如同机动武装翼之名,翅膀并不只是推进系统。 每片翅膀搭载着能对多方向的目标进行攻击的远隔攻击终端“超级龙骑兵(MA-80V 光束突击炮)”,这占了Strike Freedom火炮门数的一半以上。 和初期龙骑兵不同,这是从不依赖于使用者的空间认识能力的次世代系统发展而来,并加以了独自改良而成的东西。 但是,同时控制MS本体和8架超级龙骑兵会对机师产生很大的负担。 而这也是Strike Freedom会是基拉·大和专用机的理由之一。
其它的火炮,有2把连接后得到更高出力的MA-M21KF高能光束步枪,腹部有1门MGX-2235烈火复相光束炮,腰部有2门MMI-M15E旗鱼3磁轨炮,另外头部还有2门MMI-GAU27D 31毫米近接防御机关炮作为标准装备。 本机借此得以发挥高强的多目标同时攻击能力。 另还装备了2把MA-02G超级蝎虎座光束军刀作为格斗武装。 由此Strike Freedom得以成为了不挑选目标的强度、数量及交战距离的超高性能MS,君临于战场。

Strike Freedom
战斗的轨迹

Strike Freedom是拉克丝托付给Freedom被击破的基拉的新座驾。 它那压倒性的战斗能力,是展示Arch Angel队——不偏向于ZAFT与地球军的第三势力的存在——的巨大力量。 实际上,在基拉的驾驶下,本机表现十分活跃。 不仅从ZAFT的进攻下保护了ORB,将镇魂曲造成的灾害抑制到最小限度。 还阻止了吉尔巴特·迪兰达尔——逆我者亡的PLANT最高评议会议长——的野心。

①领取机体及前往地球宙域时的初次战斗
Strike Freedom Gundam在Factory完成后,被运送到了拉克丝指挥的Eternal。 之后基拉驾驶着Strike Rouge与Eternal合流,本机则被拉克丝托付给了基拉。 基拉立刻出击,和包围了Eternal的ZAFT部队交战起来。 他用多重锁定系统将大量机体瞬间锁定,并以“超级龙骑兵”为首的所有火器一齐发射,击溃了敌部队。 另外,基拉为了挽救敌机师的性命,只对头部、脚部、手腕这些驾驶舱之外的地方进行了攻击。

通过全火器一齐发射,一口气将Gouf Ignited,Zaku Warrior等打得无法行动。

基拉瞬间就把超级龙骑兵运用自如,这非常依赖他天才般的操纵技术和优秀的身体能力。

②参与ORB本国攻防战
让ZAFT部队撤退后,基拉和乘坐Infinite Justice Gundam的拉克丝一同朝ORB降下。 基拉保护了卡嘉莉·尤拉·阿斯哈·的Akasuki,并和攻击她的真·飞鸟的Destiny Gundam开始战斗。 在战斗中发动了"SEED"的基拉,以压倒性的反应速度操纵Strike Freedom Gundam,逼退了Destiny。 之后,本机对攻入了ORB据点的ZAFT的MS部队进行了攻击。 凭单机之力让许多MS陷入了无法行动的局面。
但是,补给结束后的Destiny Gundam,与雷·扎·巴雷尔的Legend Gundam一起再度登场。 因为变成了2对1,基拉无法给予对方有效的伤害。 不过在接受了阿斯兰·萨拉驾驶的Infinite Justice的支援后,变成了2对2的MS战。 然而并未分出胜负。

以手掌阻止了Destiny Gundam阿龙戴特光束刀,并用旗鱼3磁轨炮进行了攻击。

与Legend Gundam的格斗战,靠光束盾与光束军刀进行激烈的接近战。

③破坏Station One
为了阻止ZAFT使用他们接手的镇魂曲系统,Arch Angel队决心破坏Station One——这个光束偏向中转站的第一中转地点。 Strike Freedom Gundam装上了超大型武器平台"METEOR",与Infinite Justice一同出击。 在Station One宙域,基拉将火器齐射,将展开的MS部队逐个击破并逐渐接近Station One本体。 随后基拉与阿斯兰配合,用METEOR的光束剑成功破坏了Station One。

由于METEOR的火器是对应多重锁定系统的,因此齐射时的火力要远远凌驾于MS单机。

通过使用对舰用装备METEOR的光束剑,瞬间切断了Station One。

④弥赛亚攻防战。
在破坏了Station One的Strike Freedom Gundam和Infinite Justice Gundam面前,是从弥赛亚出击的Destiny与Legend。 你来我往的攻防持续着。 Infinite Justice Gundam和Destiny Gundam因故先后脱离战场。 于是本机与Legend Gundam的单挑开始了。 基拉、雷都靠着超级龙骑兵进行射击战。 在变得高强度的战斗中,基拉从雷的动作里看到了过去对峙的敌人——劳·鲁·克鲁泽的身影。 基拉开始说服被劳的幻影所束缚的雷。 终于,雷被言语打动,在战斗中产生迷惑,基拉抓住了这一瞬间的破绽,把Legend Gundam打得无法行动。
之后,基拉让机体再次和METEOR合体,前往弥赛亚,破坏了包住要塞的阳电子反射器。 并通过火器的齐射给予了弥赛亚内部致命的伤害,使其陷落。

破坏Station One之后,为了准备和Destiny Gundam、Legend Gundam交战,解除了与METEOR的合体。

发动"SEED"后的基拉,没有放过雷露出破绽的那一瞬间,朝Legend Gundam齐射,击破了这台机体。

●在ORB,卡嘉莉陷入绝境,基拉驾驶着Strike Freedom出击。 降下地球的基拉,与追杀卡嘉莉的Akasuki的Destiny开始了交锋。 Strike Freedom发挥了压倒性的战斗力,逼退了敌人。 (第42集)

●再次对峙的Strike Freedom与Destiny。 在趋于白热化的战斗中,发动SEED的基拉压倒了Destiny。 但此时,雷驾驶Legend乱入。 由于变成了混战,因此两机的战斗没能分出胜负。 (第50集)

基拉,为了切断憎恨的连锁而战斗

尽可能地把战争带来的憎恨的连锁抑制到最小限度,“为了阻止战斗而战斗”,倡导“不杀”的基拉·大和。
另一方,则是因地球军的攻击而失去了最爱的亲人,将愤怒与憎恨升华为ZAFT取胜动力的少年,真·飞鸟。
CE73,趋于白热化的ZAFT与地球军的战斗中,两人在战场上数次对峙。
基拉曾落败于真的Impulse,Freedom也因此被击破。 不过凭借拉克丝托付的Strike Freedom,基拉得以再次与真交战。 为了将他从深深的憎恨中解放——

剩下这两页是介绍,反正动漫大家都熟,就不翻译了。 单独翻译下人物和机体就行了。

机动战士高达SEED

“基拉·大和”
在太阳城生活的学生,偶然遇上了ZAFT强夺"G"的作战,为保护朋友而开上了Strike。 以后,他那罕有的操纵感以及"SEED"能力,虽说对地球军来说也是巨大的力量,但是基拉身为调整者,对自己的立场十分苦恼。

"GAT-X105 Strike Gundam"
地球军与ORB的国有企业曙光社共同开发的"G"的其中一机。 特征是采用了配合战况而进行武器换装的Striker背包系统,能够对应各种各样的战局

"阿斯兰·萨拉"
ZAFT的精英驾驶员。 身为克鲁泽队的意愿,参加了太阳城的强夺"G"的作战。 在那里,遭遇了幼年学生时代的好友——基拉。 由于基拉参加了地球军,两人在之后成为了敌对关系,两者的鸿沟变得越来越深。

"GAT-X303 Aegis Gundam"
GAT-X系列中的1机。 除了MS形态外,还拥有变为高速巡航形态、捕获形态的变形机构。 装在腹部的580毫米复列位相能量炮“海妖魔兽”,有着将MS、战舰一击破坏的威力。

机动战士高达SEED DESTINY

“真·飞鸟”
ZAFT的新人机师,调整者。 憎恨害死家人的地球军。 他被委派驾驶新型机Impulse Gundam。 但由于性格过于纯真,被PLANT最高评议会新议长利用以达成他的野心。

"ZGMF-X42S Destiny Gundam"
搭载了Hyper Deuterion引擎的MS。 除了装备了许多高火力的武装之外,还在背后的翼部单元上搭载了推进系统"Voiture Lumiere",战斗能力大大超过Impulse Gundam。

"基拉·大和"
将前大战导向终结的人物之一。 和拉克丝一起在ORB的马尔基奥导师的家里过着隐居生活,但由于ZAFT暗杀部队的到来,决心重回战场。 之后作为Arch Angel部队的一员,投身于“为阻止战争的战斗”中。

"ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom Gundam"
源自于Freedom的高性能机,装备了能实现压倒性机动性和运动能力的翼部单元,以及能够进行全方位攻击的超级龙骑兵。 因为发挥此机的能力需要相应的技术,实际上是基拉的专用机。

机动战士高达SEED CE73 -STARGAZERr-

“赛雷妮·马克古里夫”
DSSD技术开发中心所属的女性技术员,调整者。 『Stargazer计划』的中心人物。 为了达成计划中心的MS——Stargazer的探查作战赌上了技术员的生命。 在遭受“幻痛”袭击的时候,亲自驾驶机体出战。

"GSX-401FW Stargazer"
『Stargazer计划』中开发的探索用MS。 装备了行星间推进系统"Voiture Lumiere"及有着自我修复能力的纳米机械,再搭载自律型AI便可以进行长时间的无人运作。

“史温·卡尔·巴杨”
地球联合军第81独立机动群“幻痛”所属的MS机师。 失去双亲之后,在Blue Cosmos的养育措施中,以培养成和调整者战斗的士兵为目标,接受了各种各样的训练。 在CE73的战乱中,参加了袭击DSSD特洛伊空间站的行动,遇上了赛雷妮。

"GAT-X105E Strike Noir"
Strike(重制机)加以改修后的机体。 由于采用了VPS装甲以及强化型电池,表面装甲配色的基调变成了黑色,因此命名为"Noir(黑)"。 由史温驾驶,与Blu Duel和Verde Buster一起行动。

机动战士高达SEED ASTRAY

“罗·裘尔”
以Re Home为据点的废物商,身为机械师技术一流。 在太阳城发现了Red Frame,之后便作为自己的座机。

"MBF-P02 Astray Red Frame"
曙光社制造的MS。 是Astray系列5机里的1机,搭载了试作型自然人用OS。 主武器是菊一文字。

“丛云劾”
佣兵部队"Serpent Tail"所属的MS机师,冷静沉着本领高强的佣兵。 爱机是Blue Frame。

"MBF-P03 Astray Blue Frame"
从罗那夺过来的,成为劾的座机的机体。 OS里残留着和追加装备有关的数据,以此为基础开发了许多装备。

机动战士高达SEED X ASTRY

“普雷亚·雷腓力”
在马尔基奥那抚养的孤儿,Dreadnought的机师。

"YMF-X000A Dreadnought(X Astray)"
ZAFT制造的MS。 之后装备了“龙骑兵系统”,成为了X Astray。

"CAT1 X1/3 Hyperion(1号机)
"欧亚联邦原创的MS。装备了光波防御护盾"Armure Lumiere"。

机动战士高达SEED DESTINY ASTRAY

“杰斯·里布尔”
战场记者,自然人。 传递真实的想法比谁都强烈。

"ZGMF-X12 Astray Out Frame"

ZAFT制造的MS,不过没有完成,被罗拿到了。 之后改修为作业用MS,托付给了杰斯。

机动战士高达SEED CE73 DELTA ASTRAY

“亚格尼斯·布拉赫”
火星ZF派来的大使团的领袖。 急性子

"GSF YAM01 Delta Astray"
通过罗的帮助而完成的,火星人首台原创MS,搭载了核动力。

"MMF-JG73L Turn Delta"
以废物商量产的MS,民用Astray G Custom为基础开发的MS

机动战士高达SEED FRAME ASTRAYS

“特洛伊·诺瓦列”
被称为“密林火球”的青年,隶属游击队。

"MBF-P03 third Gundam Astray Blue Frame Third"
为了配合东亚圈的任务,施加了追加装备的Blue Frame。 两手装备了大型刀。

"MBF-P04 Gundam Astray Green Frame"
在太阳城秘密开发的曙光社制MS。 罗改修后,由巴瑞·何托付给游击队。

机动战士高达SEED VS ASTRAY

"MBF-P03R Gundam Astray Blue Frame Second Revise"
Blue Frame Third的数据回馈到泛用性优良的Second后,再设计而得的机体。
E08

Back for another round of update. I have actually read the SF translation before and plan to write about it later, but since it is posted here, might as well do it now.

How earth cope with N-Jammers

According to Destiny Astray novel, people turned to solar energy to overcome the energy crisis and it improved rapidly due to the demand, reaching 80% efficiency by the novel’s time.

Although the main aim of N-Jammers interfering with radio communication is to render radar useless, it also affected radio communications used in normal life. One solution is to use laser communication, but as it can only travels in a straight line, it is only widely used in space. The most commonly use solution is wired communication, as its reliability is the highest. The whole world got wired up extremely fast. The use of cables created a security problem as any kind of information can be obtained by checking the cables and encryption is useless as quantum computer can crack it in no time. Viruses are also hidden in the network by those who are after specific information, allowing them to track down the information wanted using keywords. The only way to overcome is to hand over the information personally and this method is widely used by freelance journalist.

Miguel’s Ginn & Gai’s Ginn (From Astray B)

Miguel's unit has its sensors’ sensitivity increased and its thruster performance is 1.2x that of a normal unit, thus the burden placed on various parts of the MS has also increased accordingly, causing them to wear out much faster than normal.

Gai’s Ginn was modified from the base Ginn given to him by his employer. Its armor was lightened and with enhanced propulsion capability, it has much higher mobility compared to normal Ginn. 2 fuel tanks were added to increase its travelling distance. His aim was to attack ZAFT’s base without the use of a carrier ship (one common tactic if the MS is difficult to defeat is to find its carrier ship and destroy it, hence a carrier ship nearby is a weakness) and to use hit and run tactics. Gai plans to evade all attacks against him as the Ginn is unsuitable for MS battle, but was forced to fight as he could not shake Miguel off. A pair of Armour Schneider is located at the shoulder and another earlier Ginn that he used in the Astray novel is also equipped with it, suggesting that Armour Schneider may have existed for quite some time. Gai purposely had his Ginn damaged to shake Miguel off. He abandoned the damaged Ginn which was programmed to ram into the ZAFT base after a time lag and by then, Miguel was too far away to stop the speeding unit.

GuAIZ R

According to Destiny Astray photo novel, it is developed as a stop gap measure while the ZAKU project undergoes re-designing to meet the requirements of the Junius Treaty. ZAFT have already begun on the ZAKU project when the war ends.

Positron reflector, Zamza-Zah & Gells-Ghe

In Destiny MSV Senki, positron reflector is also known as “Shield of the Brave” and more commonly among the pilots of both machines as “Fool’s Wall”. In Destiny Astray photo novel, Canard penetrates the reflector by using "Armure Lumiere" in spear form. Among the EA forces that joined force with Orb are at least 4 Zamza-Zah & 3 Gells-Ghe. As the fleet move towards Messiah, these 7 units are deployed in front to provide protection with their reflectors.

Strike Freedom (only main points from the PG manual)

On the whole, SF is a high performance unit using the latest technology from ZAFT, Clyne’s faction and DSSD. SF’s development concept was similar to Freedom, a single high performance, high mobility and high fire power MS that can take down multiple units. ZAFT cancelled its development due to the high technical barrier and the Junius Treaty; it remains uncompleted when the war restarted. How Terminal obtained the unit is unknown, one version is that Terminal stole the incomplete unit while another version is that only its data was stolen. As MS performance continues to improve, Terminal starts to lose the ability to intervene using a small group of elites. To maintain this ability, it requires MS with performance above Freedom and SF was chosen as a result.

After Terminal obtained the unit/data, technologies from ZAFT’s “Second Stage” series of MS was incorporated into the design. Freedom’s data was taken into account as well due to its similarities with SF, and as Kira is going to be its pilot. In fact, SF was redesigned and modified on this basis and the completed unit cannot be piloted by anyone else. The unit’s affiliation is rather unclear, but as Kira is the brother of Orb’s representative and is a general in the Orb’s military, it can be said to be Orb’s MS.

SF has a higher emphasis on mobility rather than armour strength as Kira has a low shot rate, another reason is that the beam shields can compensate for the defensive fragility. As a result, the movement range of the joints is increased through the splitting of the armour and its sliding mechanism. To complement this, the internal skeleton also has PS armour. When the internal skeleton phase-shift, the unit possess near human flexibiity and through its glowing effect, is able to discharge overflowing residual energy within the body through the joints. The PS armour also helps to withstand the high output and Gs caused by Hyper Deuterion and the new propulsion system. Although all these help in increasing SF’s mobility, the main contributor is the mobile armed wings.

The mobile armed wings are made up of 8 special wings which also help in AMBAC, and contain a propulsion system developed from DSSD’s "Voiture Lumiere", achieving high mobility and movement capability. The DRAGOONs is of a newer generation and is further modified by Terminal.

It also later states that Stargazer has nano machines for self-repair.