The Dark Knight Rises

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Mu La Flaga

Re: The Dark Knight Rises

You know admittingly I've been pondering this little idea of mine to introduce Nightwing instead of as his Robin identity.

Have him as same origin being in a performing acrobatic family ect, wearing his outfit and all.
Family gets murdered by someone and he decides to fight crime he makes a darker costume and adjusts his look for a crime fighting career.

Just a little thought of mine...
Dark Duel

Skip Robin entirely and go straight to Nightwing? Hm...could be interesting, if done properly.
I still think it's a pity that both Nolan and Bale have outright eliminated the possibility of Robin, as I would have loved to see Nolan's take on Jason Todd, whom I mentioned before.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Raiden

Josh Pence has been casted as.......
Spoiler
Ra's Al Ghul??!!?!!
http://www.superherohype.com/news/artic ... ight-rises
Mu La Flaga

So apparently there are some leaked photos from on the set.

Here is what Bane looks like.
http://awesomenator.com/content/2011/07 ... on-set.jpg

Doesn't look overly much like Bane, just some guy with a face mask and jacket.

Catwoman also, supposedly, doesn't really look like Catwoman to me, like no head mask or cat claw gloves.
http://movies.popcrunch.com/wp-content/ ... -photo.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/media/jj1/2011/0 ... ook-04.JPG

So yeah sorry if I'm not exactally impressed with Nolan's take on these characters.

What do you guys think?
Arbiter GUNDAM

Bane's look I don't mind, I actually think there's some creepiness there.

Catwoman on the other hand... wait are we sure that's Catwoman? Because it just looks like some chick in a bodysuit to me. (insert sarcasm here).

Seriously, I think Nolan's ultra-realism is starting to backfire just a tad here.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
ShadowCell

isn't that what we all said about the Joker?
mcred23

ShadowCell wrote:isn't that what we all said about the Joker?
Pretty much, people weren't sure what to expect of Heath Ledger in the role, and look how his performance turned out.

I also recall a couple of supposedly leaked images of Two Face that turned out to be fakes, so I'm not making much of those anyway. Besides, how they look on the set and how they look on film, and in action, is probably going to be very different...
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Mu La Flaga

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote: Seriously, I think Nolan's ultra-realism is starting to backfire just a tad here.
Tht is kind of what I thought also.

I mean Bane, can't you add his toxin element somewhere on him?

And Catwoman, where is her cat mask?, unless wearing a catsuit makes her catwoman somehow.

That or unless this is early stuff, but I hope this isn't their actual final looks, but we shall see.
Arbiter GUNDAM

ShadowCell wrote:isn't that what we all said about the Joker?
Not after I saw him in costume!

Maybe this is only part of miss Hathaway's costume... I hope. I was hoping that the catwoman costume would look more like this.

--Freyja Wion
Mu La Flaga

That is what I hoped for, but instead of making it leather, the main outfit would be more like a black or dark grey ninja like bodysuit.
Dark Duel

Hmm...I seem to recall when Hathaway was announced as being in the movie she was stated to be playing "Selina Kyle" rather than "Catwoman".
Now we all know that's the same thing, but what I think is a distinct possibility here is that Nolan may be going for the Selina Kyle character minus the cat fetish. Which is certainly an odd but potentially interesting idea.
I don't particularly like Hathaway, but I'll wait until I see the movie to make any judgement.
(PS: Judging from those photos, she stole Batman's bike :P )

Tom Hardy's take on Bane though, while looking TOTALLY different from previous incarnations of the character, is pretty cool-looking IMO. And given how the last movie-version looked almost exactly like his comic counterpart and still EPICALLY SUCKED, Nolan may be deliberately straying from the "steroid-doped psycho in a wrestling mask" look to avoid bringing back unpleasant memories.
Personally, I like it.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Raiden

If people didn't see this yet, the new trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwjO7UBHYuY

Anne Hathaway seems good so far, and good lord the batwing is awesome!
Destiny_Gundam

If you've listened to Chaos Theater you'd know my apprehensions about this movie.

I recently saw the prolouge and you can add me to the camp of people who have no idea what Bane is saying. I know Nolan is going to do the minimum to fix that and I just hope it will be enough.

That's not the only problem I have with Bane, though. Apparently his mask pumps out anestetic gas because of an injury he suffered. Really, Nolan? What was wrong with a strength enhancing chemical? Did you have to turn him into a wimp who can't deal with pain? You let Scarecrow keep his fear gas for crying out loud!

I have confidence Tom Hardy will do a good job (even if I can't understand him), and the purpose of having Bane test Batman both mentally and physically is a good idea but why did they have to change his character setting so much? Might as well just create an original character.

Still, Ra's has got to play into this some how. Why would they have a flashback to a younger version otherwise? I definitely want to see that for the purpose of bringing things full circle.

But seriously, 8 years after Dark Knight? And during that time Batman did nothing? Huh? This is Gotham City we're talking about. They don't have a crime free week let along 8 years! And I can't see Bruce purposely abandoning the city for so long.

I'm sure the movie will be good, but not as good as the Dark Knight. Nolan has proved his overall competence, though, and I will see the movie. I'm just not too excited for it.

The Avengers, on the other hand...
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Mu La Flaga

You know if that is part of Bane's deal that it's more like a pain reliever then what we know to be like a strength enhancing drug, that is something I don't like.
And also in part why I wasn't sure on this new portrayl of Bane, yeah he's got the personnality more.
But not totally in every way is he the best Bane he could potentially be.
Raiden

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
But seriously, 8 years after Dark Knight? And during that time Batman did nothing? Huh? This is Gotham City we're talking about. They don't have a crime free week let along 8 years! And I can't see Bruce purposely abandoning the city for so long.

I'm sure the movie will be good, but not as good as the Dark Knight. Nolan has proved his overall competence, though, and I will see the movie. I'm just not too excited for it.

The Avengers, on the other hand...
Actually the 8 year time skip is taking a cue from Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Th ... ht_Returns

However where as in this particular comic Batman quit for 10 years because of the death of the 2nd Robin (Jason Todd), Nolan's Batman "retired" because of Rachel's death and is still grieving.

Besides there wasn't much Batman could do since at the end of The Dark Knight, he took all the blame for the death of Harvey Dent and the people he killed in order to keep those mob goons in jail. Plus he has the entire police force on his ass by the end of the film.

And although Bruce hasn't been Batman for 8 years, he at least supplied the GCPD with tumblers and gear to help stop crime even though he wouldn't be physically involved himself. But yea all that is gonna go to shit.

In the end, i'll be happy as long as this is at the same level of Batman Begins. :D
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Meh, I still find the people of Gotham and the GSPD to be total idiots for even considering the possibility that Batman would kill those people. If Batman was going to kill anyone, then the man unarguably at the top of his hit list would be the Joker. Yet the GCPD takes him in alive and (relatively) unharmed, hanging upside down by a wire. (so it would be hard for those cops reeling in the Joker to believe that Batman didn't capture him) But despite this, they're still all so ready to believe that Batman killed a bunch of small fry thugs, but left the Joker alive. Complete idiocy. And I find it hard to believe that Gordon or anybody could have kept the nature of the Joker's capture secret with all those cops there.
Raiden

Suppose to come out this Friday with the Avengers but they decided to release it on the net today....and damn this movie looks amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8evyE9TuYk
Arbiter GUNDAM

Shinji103 wrote:Meh, I still find the people of Gotham and the GSPD to be total idiots for even considering the possibility that Batman would kill those people. If Batman was going to kill anyone, then the man unarguably at the top of his hit list would be the Joker. Yet the GCPD takes him in alive and (relatively) unharmed, hanging upside down by a wire. (so it would be hard for those cops reeling in the Joker to believe that Batman didn't capture him) But despite this, they're still all so ready to believe that Batman killed a bunch of small fry thugs, but left the Joker alive. Complete idiocy. And I find it hard to believe that Gordon or anybody could have kept the nature of the Joker's capture secret with all those cops there.
I think part of it is also supposed to be that he killed Harvey Dent as well.

So who's seeing it tonight? My local theater has 13 midnight showings from 12:03 to 12:45.

--Freyja Wion
Compass

http://yfrog.com/h7kojgmtj

Twas good. Twas very good. I really want to make a GCPD Swat outfit now. I also found it dorky that none of the GCPD SWAT in any of the instantiations ever actually carried proper flexicuffs. Just... zip-ties.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
SNT1

Liked this movie a lot... Seemed inevitable that it would be compared to the other monster movie of the year, The Avengers, but it's actually a very very different type of movie.

And aside from the fact that Batman is now the police's public enemy #1 in Rises, this movie felt more like a direct sequel of Batman Begins...
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/