Gundam RTS indie

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
smoth

Re: Gundam RTS indie

Inferno wrote:So I put it on my laptop, which has no mouse3. So is there some other way to zoom in or out?
Nope. It does not have a way to zoom in unless you rebind keys which right now is painful.

I don't recommend playing this on a laptop though, usually they don't have the ommpf that is needed for something like this.
DAG101 wrote:Won't work for me...I start it, and it loads, then it freezes when it says 'finalizing'
Hang at finalizing is due to an intel bug with their drivers. There is little I can do and they don't consider GRTS important enough to care about. It is their onboard videocards so if you move to an different brand you should be good to go.

Inferno wrote:I got it, but the game keeps doing this annoying fade to white. Any ideas as to what to do?
The slow fade to white is a bug with GLpoint. It strikes some ati video cards. It can sometimes be addressed by upgrading your video card drivers.

Ati and intel both don't care much for OpenGL so any game using it eventually meets users who cannot properly render or in the case of hang at finalizing, they cannot render at all.

Ydawg, where you been man? I have some use for you.
To become old and wise, you must first be young and stupid.
ydawg314

Haha I didnt know you were on Mahq!
Yeah im still around lurking but Ive actually been working on my own game a lot too. I just saw your blog update actually I'm really excited for the next release. Ill be checking in spring but PM me.
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee
smoth

I lurk but don't post a lot. I find a lot of stuff on mahq to frustrate me and sometimes to be incorrect. (like the electric colony defense car being called an anti-zaku vehicle or something like that) Most I lurk here because mark posts here and mark IMO is the official on gundam anything. So I take what he says as near gospel. Anyway, the thing I have planned is something probably a year away but I don't mind being psuedo public about it.

I saw your artwork for the strike dagger. The side profile for your sidescroller. I have been playing around with a side game mode which I need some good reference material and maybe even a bit of help modeling. If you can commit to learning I am willing to teach you and texture/uvmap so I can add this side project. Your 2d rendition was very good and whether or not you realize it you have potential as a modeler. So I was looking at recruiting you as a modeling/art asset talent for something you might be interested in.

IF you can commit to helping me with this for next year or so(spare time not full time or anything, I take what I can get). I am willing to share my modeling knowledge in exchange for some work. I'll pm you a bit on the secret game mode.
To become old and wise, you must first be young and stupid.
ydawg314

Sweet I have been trying to learn 3d modeling thanks! :mrgreen:

And yeah I do have limited time during my week (school+work) but Ill definitely be willing to work with you on your projects.

Like I said before ill be on spring

EDIT: if you have time try my game and tell me what you think
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee