Latest Gundam/Mecha Merchandise thread (2008-2011)

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
DeltasTaii

Re: Latest Gundam/Mecha Merchandise thread (2008-2010)

My Zeta 2.0 has a broken shoulder "hoop". Can't raise the rifle at all the way I have the thing held together by pressure. It's still kind of a finicky design.

Got a Robot Damashii Crossbone Gundam X-3 and non-scale R-Gun (that I'm just now building) back in October, and now I have a 1/144 Wildraubtier, HGUC GM Cold Districts Type, 1/144 Weissritter, and 1/48 Arbalest on various states of order. The former two are looking at a minimum 5-6 day total stay at the border thanks to New Years. :roll: Plus I have the Asian version of Virtual On Force for Xbox 360 somewhere out in mail limbo since the 23rd as well.
Last edited by DeltasTaii on Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shea

I FINALLY got my Fix Figuration Gundam Mk.III.

The figure itself is very nice with 90 degree bends on each limb, extreme levels of detail, and only one part that likes to fall off.

The Full Armor Mk.III parts for this thing, however, make me want to find the designer of this figure and kill him with a shovel! Many of the full armor parts outright REFUSE to stay put, often launching off of the figure like a projectile weapon, and seven times I've had to scour the floor to find them before my cat got to them.
One of the proud, the willing, and the seemingly growing number of... G-Saviour fanboys.
SNT1

Haven't bought a whole lot the past few months, but let's just say I had a resurging interest in the world of Gundam:

HGUC ZZ Gundam
HG Strike Noir
HGUC ReZEL
HGUC Stark Jegan
HG Tieren
HGUC Palace-Athene (!!!---I never would have thought of buying this even a year ago---I guess my reformed interest also made me more liberal to weirder Zeta-era monoeye weirdies; I'm seriously also considering Gabthley)

HG kits are on a tear lately, and I've been a little late to the party...

Ive only snapped Strike Noir and Stark up, but the difference between the two is significant in terms of ease of construction. The Jegan is a lot more builder friendly and hides the seam lines well, almost MG-level in that regard. Solid little kit, that Stark Jegan is. Looking at ReZEL's runners, it looks like a small MG, and seems to hide gaps very well too, no pun intended.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Dark Duel

A few purchases made recently - none Gundam-related, because I need to assemble the ten or so unbuilt kits I still have before buying more.
First is the Robot Damashii Fafner Mark XI, armed with its Luger Lance and nothing else, because that weapon is friggin' awesome. Love this figure. My only regret is that the Mark III was a limited-release, but the Mark XI is just as cool.

The next two are a source of endless nostalgia for me, because they represent my first and to date only foray into nonhumanoid mecha.
First is Blade Liger, caught in a catty moment. I saw this pose on the box, and I had to duplicate it as best I could, it was just too cute/funny not to. Last is Genobreaker, who's glaring menacingly the way only a flaming-red mechanical dinosaur with giant lobster claws can. Mind you I still think he looks cool.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
zabimustdie

Currently building the 1/60 Zeta 1.0, and about to order the 1/60 Zephyranthes. Thats all for awhile. I think I'll go Unicorn, and Sinanju next.
"Where there is no death, there is life." - Ghost in Chronopolis, Chrono Cross
DeltasTaii

I was lucky enough to come home to two boxes (shipped a week apart) today.

Non-Scale Tengen Kadou Grapearl Darry Custom
Robot Damashii Devilfish
Robot Damashii Arbalest

Gave up on waiting for the 1/48 to restock after making another comparison of the sculpts. The Aoshima version is a bit weird since it's a The Second Raid kit but parts of its proportions (eg. long straight lower legs, tighter, flatter back) seem influenced by the old version. Not that I mind that version, but the conflict is a poor tradeoff for either and after playing around with my X-3 a bit more I became pretty sold on the Robot Damashii line. As older figures the finish on these two isn't as good (Devilfish has nubs, which is an odd turnaround from TheEnd) but I'm still liking them for their sculpts and articulation.
blind_dead_mcjones

grabbed the MG zeta plus A1 and ReZEL today
Flag Fighter for life!
zabimustdie

Just bought the pg of my favorite mech of all the Gundam shows I have seen so far. I finally found a 1/60 Fb01 Zephyranthes! Can't wait!
"Where there is no death, there is life." - Ghost in Chronopolis, Chrono Cross
Zeonic Glory

My copy of Unicorn 3 just arrived yesterday, seen here with hanging out with volumes 1 and 2.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
kayone73

Just picked up 1/144 HG Geara Zulu Angelo Sauper Custom as well as the 1/100 MG Hi-Nu Gundam, which I won't be touching for a while because I'm just getting back into the Gunpla hobby, I don't want to mess that kit up.
Heecarl_Reez

I think I will share some of my opinions toward some of my latest purchase (Sorry for poor pictures quality):

-MG 00Q

Oh God, I do love this kit, it has amazing frame(that wrist joint is divine), splendid styling, and the sword bit gimmick is nice(too bad there's no bit launch effect a la Hi-Nu or SF). Well there's some complaints though : Weight issue (Already expect this though), weak side skirt joint, the right arm guard connection is not that solid, the action base 2 is not that useful for aerial pose of Buster Sword/Riffle( Use action base 1 instead). Others are like ugly looking neck joint, the white hip parts is bit shorter (not covering the half of pelvis joint), the GN Sword V isn't a bit longer(and sharper), and the missing quantum burst chest parts, but that's me for being nit picky. But overall, I'm totally satisfied with this purchase.

-Robot Damashii 00 Qan[T]

My first RD so I can't compare to the other previous release, but I think it's a solid toy, has a good range of motion, best looking GN Sword V Styling for 00Q merchandise, the sword bit ring accessories is also fun to mess with (But rather weak joint we have there), unfortunately the sword bit A and B connector is a bit weak. Solid overall.

-Robot Damashii Destiny Gundam

This one is a major disappointment poseability wise, single joint elbow, and blocking skirt is the main culprit(I know the skirt is probably a design problem but still..). I think the other parts is Ok, it has nice coloring choice(I think it's my favorite for Destiny so far), the WoL is gorgeous (say yes for no Tamashii exclusive :P), and you got the tamashii stage act 4 too. Not a really good effort overall (Especially comparing it to it's Nemesis :P), as Destiny fans I rather enjoy it, but for non fans I can't really recommended it though. :(

Recently I also bought this Sharp Point Side Cutter from tamiya, tried it while making the Action base, and I can say that it's a really really excellent nipper, highly recommended.
SNT1

I guess I would look hypocritical if I said "Economy sucks, Dollar sucks" in another thread then proceed to but 4 HG kits. Oh well.

-HG Tieren Taozi
-HG Enact
-HG Brave Standard
-HGUC Gundam [G]

There you go. That backlog, plus my current backlog of:

-HGUC Guntank D
-HGUC ZZ Gundam
-HGUC ReZEL
-HGUC Palace Athene
-MG Crossbone FC (been 4 years, still MISB!)
-HG Airmaster 1/100
-MG F91 Harrison
-MG Ex-S
-MG Blue Frame

Means I am well off with Gunpla in the next 2 years or so. Since the next year or two will likely involve Origin stuff (read: tired and whored out 0079 mecha) and AGE kits (so far, as uninspiring and bland as a 90s Toyota Camry), there are only a few kits that out there right now that I'm considering buying (HGFC Master) and future kits that I -will- buy (HGUC Full Armor ZZ?). Yes, as exciting as the MG Epyon is, and how exciting an MG Altron Ka may be, I'm sticking to HG 1/144's for now (disclaimer: might change my mind next month, or tomorrow even)

Yeah, sucky Economy, sucky Dollar, yeah right, it ain't stopping me :roll: :oops:
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
blind_dead_mcjones

picked up the MG infinite justice as well as caving in and buying the RG aile strike, which brings the backlog of kits to 9
Flag Fighter for life!
xxnike629xx

Re: Latest Gundam/Mecha Merchandise thread (2008-2011)

My back log...

MG 00 Qan[T]
MG 00 Raiser
MG Exia Ignition Mode (coming soon from the mail)
SD 00 Qan[T] (coming soon from the mail)

T_T
For daily updates for Gundam news, please check out this guy's blog! I love reading up on his articles everyday...actually a few times a day since he posts through the day as new info pops up.
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/ (gundam news)
blind_dead_mcjones

recieved a very nice belated birthday present in the mail today, the robot damashii laevatein along with the limited release XL-3 booster add-on

articulation is an improvement over the other arm slaves (which is saying a bit considering they're already have exceptional articulation and poseability as it is) the finish is top notch, ditto for the XL-3 (though the stand does have one minor issue, namely if you don't have the arm perfectly vertical the weight of the laevatein and the booster sends them crashing back to earth, tightening the screws helps but not by much)

also came with a small pamphlet with lineart of the various arm slaves (will post later in contributions section)
Flag Fighter for life!
quasadra

this confirms my concern of XL-3. kinda glad i didnt shell out $ for it. although that twin gatling is very tempting...
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
firefox

Just ordered my first new models in like 2 years:

* 1/100 Gale strike
* 1/100 Mirage frame astray
* 1/100 Mirage frame astray second take
* 1/144 HG CGUE
* 1/144 HG CGUE heavy arms

The gale is to fiddle around with to make it something between gale and normal strike as i don,'t like the huge shoulder thrusters
In the end, nothing remains
Dark Duel

Well, just recently picked up Vent Saviour (Photos in my Gunpla thread)
Most recent acquisition is MG Epyon. (I have got to stop buying stuff and work through my 10+-kit backlog instead of adding to it >_<)
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Spidey62

My backlog is full of the MG wing kits, I have not built a single one except for the Wing gundam KA because I found it at a anime store in Florida called anime fix near largo while on vacation.
The kit was 50 bucks but i bought it anyway for the simple fact that it was in a physical store.
Besides that I think I still have to build the RG strike for my girlfriend,she can build high grades and perfect grades but a Master grade or real grade warps her mind for some reason. :lol:
This next piece can be considered mecha, but I am doing a custom Iron spider-man figure *civil war ver* for a Boys and girls club charity here in Delaware. Not sure what the theme will be yet but I'm working on it.