Dom Funf- Delaz Personal Suit

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
mcred23

Re: Dom Funf- Delaz Personal Suit

HalfDemonInuyasha wrote:It could be possible that they were custom refit jobs too. It would seem a bit pointless for Axis/Neo Zeon to make completely new Zaku IIs with the panoramic/linear-seat cockpit...
Yeah, that is probably the case with the Zaku II's, and the various older suits we see, like those in Tigerbaum. I was speaking about the various Zakus and Dowages that we see used on Earth along with those Gelgoogs.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Wilks Waldwika

toysdream wrote:As far as the Dom vs Gelgoog comparison, since the Gelgoog has a similar thruster setup (including hovering features, as we see in Gundam ZZ)
To be honest we should probably attribute that to a retrofit rather than an original spec feature. I mean we see it, but it's never mentioned in any of the other materials.
toysdream

Wilks Waldwika wrote:To be honest we should probably attribute that to a retrofit rather than an original spec feature. I mean we see it, but it's never mentioned in any of the other materials.
As mcred23 just noted a couple of posts ago, Masai's red Gelgoog - which does a lot of flying and hovering - appears to be an unmodified vintage machine, classic cockpit and all. "Retrofit" doesn't seem like a plausible explanation here.

-- Mark
JEFFPIATT

it would fit since the marketing pitch for the unit was that it would be the new Zaku an generic frame that could operate in any combat environment. it would fit to have an hover feature to match the Zimmad Dom and ZZ is the only show to depict the gelgoog on earth apparently the zeon forces managed to send a few down to earth too late to matter in the war.
Gomez_Addams

toysdream wrote:During the One Year War, Delaz only held the rank of Captain - equal to Garma Zabi and M'Quve, and a little below characters like Rear Admiral Conscon, who challenged the White Base at Side 6. -- Mark
Wait, Delaz wasn't a real Admiral? He just pretended to be one after the war was over? Why did Gato respect this guy again?

And what's a Captain doing commanding a ~15 ship fleet?
Imperial

Gomez_Addams wrote:Wait, Delaz wasn't a real Admiral? He just pretended to be one after the war was over? Why did Gato respect this guy again?

And what's a Captain doing commanding a ~15 ship fleet?
Gato likely respected Delaz's Zabi-humping, never-give-up attitude. Gato was only ever someone's flunky, so of course he would sign on with Delaz when he starts pushing the same lines about Federation corruption and Zeon purity. It's easy to be duped when someone starts saying what you want to hear.

As for the Delaz Fleet, I can only assume some of those ships came under his command after the Zeon hierarchy was shot to pieces. Other surviving Captains of the Zeon fleet likely felt Delaz's sense of Gihren zealotry, so they deserted along with him and submitted to him as a first-among-equals. Alternatively, they may have limped away from A Baoa Qu in one piece but missed the Axis exodus for whatever reason, and Delaz took them in.
This space for rent
Outlaw

toysdream wrote:As mcred23 just noted a couple of posts ago, Masai's red Gelgoog - which does a lot of flying and hovering - appears to be an unmodified vintage machine, classic cockpit and all. "Retrofit" doesn't seem like a plausible explanation here.

-- Mark
Looking at a half missing Gelgoog figure I have lying around I can easily see it being able to hover, all they would have to do is tweak the thruster output. It may simply be that the Gelgoog's thrusters can't perform the function as efficiently as the Dom's, having been designed with hovering in mind. I'd imagine a resource conscious pilot would want to save their fuel for quick maneuvers and dodges, so you would be more likely to see such a function employed in areas where walking is not a very good option, like a desert.

Granted that's all guess work but, it makes sense to me at least. :mrgreen:
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
domtropen

Both Doms and Gelgoogs have hybrid thrusters that use mainly air for thrust in the atmosphere [or maybe with some injection of Hydrogen, but still that would be far less of it used than normal rocket propellant].