Dynasty warriors: Gundam 3

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Dynasty warriors: Gundam 3

I figured that now that it's been released, it really does deserve its own thread.

So a question I have about the game right now is, I've unlocked all the videos in the game except one and I'm not sure what mission unlocks it. And before you ask, yes, I already unlocked a video where the Musha, Musha mk. II and Knight Gundams go to battle with thier armies, so it's not that one.

Oh and if any wants to play some online missions, just tell me when! :)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
branman88

Re: Dynasty warriors: Gundam 3

I'll be playing online tonight if you want to play. I don't have dlc yet hopefully tomorrow.
If your on PS3 my gamer tag is in my signature.
I AM THE CHOSEN CHILD OF GETTER!
Outlaw

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:So a question I have about the game right now is, I've unlocked all the videos in the game except one and I'm not sure what mission unlocks it.
I've unlocked all the videos so let me know where in the list it sits (what comes before and after) and I'll let you know.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Arbiter GUNDAM

I believe it's the next to last video.

--Freyja Wion
Outlaw

I'm pretty sure you get that one from The Giant of Legend. It's a special mission for Knight Gundam only; I believe you need to get Knight's friendship level to 4 before you can play it.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Shinigam_Newtype

I'll probably pick the game up once I find the right price. I have a question though. How active is the online service? By this I mean are there a fair amount of people playing online mode or is it a ghost town like it was for DWG 2?
"I'm not as impatient as you, I can wait for humanity to learn and grow" - Amuro Ray.

PSN ID: Shinigam_Newtype
3DS Friend Code: 4468 0954 9080
Arbiter GUNDAM

It seems to be pretty active since it allows you to play with players from all over the world, ESPECIALLY those in Japan.

--Freyja Wion
Shinigam_Newtype

Oh that's good to hear.
For someone that enjoyed DWG 2 for the most part, would you encourage me to pick up DWG 3 or are the changes so minor I should just not bother?
"I'm not as impatient as you, I can wait for humanity to learn and grow" - Amuro Ray.

Arbiter GUNDAM

I actually had more fun playing 3, plus you'll have characters that weren't in 2 like the Celestial Being Boyz, Banagher Links, Garrod Ran and Marida Cruz.

Oh and I got that new video
Spoiler
it was pretty cool to see the Knight Gundam nail the Psycho Gundam in the head like that!
Speaking of 00, now that Marida is available for DL, any word on the CB Boyz?

--Freyja Wion
branman88

Lockon comes out August 31st.
I AM THE CHOSEN CHILD OF GETTER!
Mekton GM

branman88 wrote:Lockon comes out August 31st.
TARGETED AND FIREING!!!!
The Great great great great great great great great grandfather of HOWARD MASON!!!!!!
Xbox Live Gamertag: Anubis214
Shinigam_Newtype

Does anyone have this game for PS3? If so, can I add your PSN ID or yours mine.

Arbiter GUNDAM

I've noticed that in some of the extra missions they've made available, at least one of the fortress assault missions seems to be identical to one already released. is it identical or different?

--Freyja Wion
NastyNate

I recently was going to sell my DWG2 since I now have DWG3 but they have such different modes I could not help but want to keep DWG2 for the official mode. It is the only game I know of that I can play the zz gundam and z gundam story in english.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Shinigam_Newtype

I've been playing DWG 2 trying to collect all the trophies(Currently at 80% with 122 hours of gameplay), and as much as I enjoy the hack and slash element, I think I've had enough for one lifetime, I don't think I'll be getting DWG 3 anymore.
NastyNate wrote:I recently was going to sell my DWG2 since I now have DWG3 but they have such different modes I could not help but want to keep DWG2 for the official mode. It is the only game I know of that I can play the zz gundam and z gundam story in english.

Can you not play The ZZ and or Zeta story in English in DWG 3? Speaking of which, is there an option to switch between Japanese and English voice tracks? I don't care either way, but I found it weird not being able to do so in DWG 2.

NastyNate

Shinigam_Newtype wrote: Can you not play The ZZ and or Zeta story in English in DWG 3?
No you can not play the story of zz or any other gundam series. DWG 3 goes back to the formula of DWG 1 with an original mash up story and ditches the Official mode with playing through storys of the anime series. It is still worth a get because it has more mobile suits that 2 and it looks gorgeous with the cell shading.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

Strike Zero

Shinigam_Newtype wrote:Can you not play The ZZ and or Zeta story in English in DWG 3? Speaking of which, is there an option to switch between Japanese and English voice tracks? I don't care either way, but I found it weird not being able to do so in DWG 2.
As far as I know, the only anime storyline you can play through is 1st Gundam's, once as Amuro, then a second time as Char and M'Quve (which is complete balls, because instead of the more powerful mechs, they force you to fight entire levels using tier-2 suits like the Gyan and Z'Gok).

And yes, the option to switch back to the original Japanese audio has returned for DWG3.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
DeityZero

I thoroughly enjoyed the game despite the fact that they left out the really nice remixed series themes. Also, I think it was just downright lazy of them to not even put in the storylines for anything but the original Mobile Suit Gundam. I'm going to chalk both of these issues up to Bandai/Namco not wanting to pay for anything other than the right to use the characters and mecha.
Shinigam_Newtype

DeityZero wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed the game despite the fact that they left out the really nice remixed series themes. Also, I think it was just downright lazy of them to not even put in the storylines for anything but the original Mobile Suit Gundam. I'm going to chalk both of these issues up to Bandai/Namco not wanting to pay for anything other than the right to use the characters and mecha.
But I'm sure the remixed versions are on the Japanese version like they were on DWG 1 & 2. I think it's a licensing issue in regards to the localised version.

NastyNate

I originally did not like the story for dwg3 and thought playing through the official mode in dwg2 was much better, but once I actually started to read what they where saying instead of scrolling through it. I really enjoy it. There are a lot of love letters to the series they belong too and it is an interesting story that a non gundam person can pick up with and an even better one for someone who has a lot of gundam knowledge.