Ep. 082 - Sir Michael Bay's Prime Directive

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Re: Ep. 082 - Sir Michael Bay's Prime Directive

jabman025 wrote:also just for clarification, I won that debate.....XD
We'll let the millions of Neo's fans decide.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Mu La Flaga

hawk of endymion wrote:
You called me number 1 Chris fan, a position I did not accept.

I only wave the flag of support because I'm an agent of team neo.
I sometime also consider defecting to the SBDF.

So there you go boss, that and you pay lousy :P
Soul Bro Ryu

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:P.S. When did you guys discuss Revenge of the Fallen?
Special 004 - "Gundamn! @ Yasumicon 2009!!!"
Mu La Flaga wrote:I only wave the flag of support because I'm an agent of team neo.
The correct nomenclature is "Soul Bro Ryu & the Barbecue Swingers". Recognize.
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Mu La Flaga

Well if you ask Neo or Chris they do call it Soul Bro Defence Force :P
Just going off that terminology, although Barbecue sounds like a tempting offer of fried meat.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Mu La Flaga wrote:
hawk of endymion wrote:
You called me number 1 Chris fan, a position I did not accept.

I only wave the flag of support because I'm an agent of team neo.

So there you go boss, that and you pay lousy :P

?????
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
hotlimit

I would not like to live in any of the Gundam universes, for constant fear of being crushed by a giant shell casing, or becoming collateral damage in a Gundam-jack. Or having a colony dropped on me! Or having super-weapons aimed at me!

Oh, and god help you if you're born a newtype with a funny hair-color. You won't make it to 10 yrs old without having your brain scrambled and being put in a giant war machine!
prince_of_zeon

Geez, now I'm going to have to think up a new question for my signature...
Twat me: http://twitter.com/#!/Podsyboy

Subscribe/comment me: http://www.youtube.com/user/AlphaAeizeru

Did Fats Goodman really die at the end of "Fats' Counterattack?"
skyknight

Alright, I'm stopping by after a hiatus - lots of things went into between the last post, did go to Japan thou!

Yes, there is no sense of shame on buying used-goods in Japan, heck, a used PSP can fetch more money than buying a new one in the US (hard for me to find ltd ed of PSP there!). And yes, I did see USED Gundam on Blu-Ray there, so no biggie at all.

OK, last of the Bay's TF movies, if there is anything good, its finally over! :twisted:
Seriously, this franchise needs a reboot, not a sequel! :roll:

DotM isn't much an improvement over RotF, and I think its more disappointing to watch it than RotF, and to be honest, neither RotF and DotM aren't worth praising at all. I do like some of Bay's work, and OMG, Soul Bro likes the Island! Yes, I think the Island is his most-underrated film, granted fanboys complained that the script for a nude scene with Scarlett Johansson was dropped, I say the character development in the Island was one of the better.

At over 2 and half hours, I say the first hour was a total waste, I think it is a disgrace to have Buzz Aldrin show up in a scene that becomes irreverent later on, as well as John Malkovich and Ken Jeong (using my name! :x ). So how is Sam not having a job relevant to the plot?

Megatron becoming Chicken George when he shows up and is the bitch in the last two films! What the F**K!? And Starscream acting like a stupid henchman, Shockwave as a robot with mechanical tentacles (this is not Tremors!), man, this trilogy has been F**KED from the first film. To me, Bay never gave a S**T about the Transformer mythology - he called the Dinobots a stupid idea, thought Unicron was unimportant. And like Soul Bro, with all 3 films, we, the viewers, never seems to develop a bond with characters. The Allspark and Matrix, which are critical artifacts in the Transformer universe, became nothing but a minor prop piece.

I know people will say Bay is a money generator, but as a TF fan, I do worry viewers will be mislead about the TF universe. Gosh, Beast Wars, Galaxy Force/Cybertron, and Animated had better storyline and character development. SO, please everyone, just say NO to a forth one, and ask for REBOOT!

Gundam universe does try to reflect our modern world, UC dealt with space development as a way to lower the Earth's population strain, the struggle of citizen identity (where skin color doesn't matter, but are you one with the colonies or E.F.). SEED C.E. did have concerns of human ethics and natural vs artificial, and it drags down to intolerance of each other. 00's era is closest to ours, where advanced technology in the future will not necessary resolve any bloody conflicts that have lasted for generations. There is no perfect world, but how does one try to find hope and meaning, I think that is the key.
How much better is being a Creepy Bishonen compared to an AEUG slapping boy?

If Ginrai, the Japanese truck driver living in America, can be the leader of Cybertron Forces, then what can a pizza delivery boy be?

My Items on Sale

PSN: skyknight0100
Mu La Flaga

Hey Skyknight I can agree with a few things of your opinions of Bay's handling of the movies.
There is more they could do better with these movies then what Bay has done overall for it all.

I mean the only real consistent good thing he did was use Peter Cullen as Optimus.

But anyway, I also wanted to see if your in to Transformers and haven't posted in my Transformers General Discussion thread and want to, your welcome to do so. :)
http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14246