The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Dark Duel

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk III

LightningCount wrote:Speaking from a purely anime Unicorn viewer...I really wish the 0079 homages would stay far away.
I've not read the novels, but from the little that I know of the later events in Unicorn, you're going to be disappointed there.

That said, I do think you have a point - though to be honest, it's understandable given that we have a "Char" who is almost literally a Char, a brown-haired protagonist with daddy issues, said daddy having built the Gundam, and a ship that is literally the exact same ship(almost) as the one used by a previous series, which also featured a brown-haired protagonist.
It's almost like Harutoshi was actively trying to pack as many references to the original Mobile Suit Gundam and its immediate successors as he could get away with into the story.

Which he probably was.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Raiden

Shinji_Shinigami wrote:I know that Gundam wiki is not the most trustworthy resource fo information.

But when i looked something up for unicorn, the names of Kai Shiden and Beltorchika Irma where listed on the civilian character side.

Question is, is this reliable info? (Bright Noa is supposed to make an entrance and i think that is confirmed)
I don't recall ever finding out what she does but she is in the novel.

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2008/09/ ... icorn.html
sweet-d

Well at least Episode 4 has a release date now it's been pushed back to December though I hope that's the bluray and not the PSN release date.. Also the Gundam Unicorn website's been updated.
Francheska is a horrible colony.
flamingtroll

LightningCount wrote:
Speaking from a purely anime Unicorn viewer...I really wish the 0079 homages would stay far away. It has moments distinction, but overall, this series is struggling to be its own project with its own identity, IMO.
Some of the homages you see in the anime are anime only. While the novel does very much try to pay homages to MSG in everything from characters to events, the anime kicks it up a notch.
yazi88 wrote:Whatever happened to Cardia Vist's bodyguard and right hand man Gael Chan? I heard he survived the colony battle in the novels and that he appeared again later and nothing else.
Some interview I read a while back said he will appear in ep 4 and plays a somewhat different role from the novel.
NastyNate

Just looked the new pics of the characters for episode 4. When I read that the new zeon pilots where classified as "Zeon Ruminants" and not the "Sleeves" I got really excited. Something about some forces hold up in hiding waiting for there day to attack just seems so cool to me. Just like in the desert in Stardust Memory's and the Phantom Knights in 0081.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Propellant

NastyNate wrote:Just looked the new pics of the characters for episode 4. When I read that the new zeon pilots where classified as "Zeon Ruminants" and not the "Sleeves" I got really excited. Something about some forces hold up in hiding waiting for there day to attack just seems so cool to me. Just like in the desert in Stardust Memory's and the Phantom Knights in 0081.
And then,after the remnants had patiently waited and planned for years,some pesky Gundam kids come around and ruin everything.Just ask Rommel from ZZ. :wink:
Imperial

LightningCount wrote:Speaking from a purely anime Unicorn viewer...I really wish the 0079 homages would stay far away. It has moments distinction, but overall, this series is struggling to be its own project with its own identity, IMO.
Gundam Unicorn is Gundam UC: The Greatest Hits edition. It's a giant love letter to the Universal Century fan base and panders to it with the most familiar pit stops and archetypes imaginable. You're only setting yourself up for sadness.
This space for rent
Kratos

I still, for the record, have no issue with the UC tropes presented thus far, and find that far from struggling to have its own identity, the characters and plot of Unicorn stand apart just fine from Mobile Suit Gundam.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
tHeWasTeDYouTh

NastyNate wrote:Just looked the new pics of the characters for episode 4. When I read that the new zeon pilots where classified as "Zeon Ruminants" and not the "Sleeves" I got really excited. Something about some forces hold up in hiding waiting for there day to attack just seems so cool to me. Just like in the desert in Stardust Memory's and the Phantom Knights in 0081.

man the Zeon remnants have been hiding in Earth for a long time

seems the Federation did a really crap mop op operation after the war

also remember the Jukon class that rescued Anavel Gato from Australia, man how do they keep those supplied?
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
MV6000 the Ace Zeon Pilot

I don't know if you guys know this already but Amazon.jp says that Volume 4 will come out on 12/2/11

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.htm ... 26&ref=myp

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B005 ... 792_snp_dp

I can't wait!
*Im not removing this signature until ZZ Gundam gets dubbed and is released in America*

Started on October 14,2007
JEFFPIATT

tHeWasTeDYouTh wrote:

also remember the Jukon class that rescued Anavel Gato from Australia, man how do they keep those supplied?
it seems that the earth Federation lacks the manpower to hunt them all down. the zeon forces just seemed to hide and not fight until some one finds them for backup.
NastyNate

tHeWasTeDYouTh wrote:

The federation made the titans for that very reason but they where too busy being evil and trying to take over the world to do their job. On a side not the ps3 game Gundam Battlefield record 0081 has you playing as a federation troop that is a mop up crew and you get to pilot the RX-78-7. Really fun game.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Amadi Akintunde

MV6000 the Ace Zeon Pilot wrote:I don't know if you guys know this already but Amazon.jp says that Volume 4 will come out on 12/2/11

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.htm ... 26&ref=myp

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B005 ... 792_snp_dp

I can't wait!
Still waiting for OST 2. ;.;
zerogradius

it seems that the earth Federation lacks the manpower to hunt them all down. the zeon forces just seemed to hide and not fight until some one finds them for backup.
And when they are found, they are promptly wiped out, too.

Personally, I don't have a problem with homages being made to past series, I think it added to Unicorn instead of subtracting. It makes it feel like the ultimate (at least for now, anyway) conclusion to the Zeon/Earth Federation conflict, instead of being just another side story or stand alone story like 8th MS Team, 0080, and Stardust Memory were.
JEFFPIATT

zerogradius wrote:
And when they are found, they are promptly wiped out, too.

Personally, I don't have a problem with homages being made to past series, I think it added to Unicorn instead of subtracting. It makes it feel like the ultimate (at least for now, anyway) conclusion to the Zeon/Earth Federation conflict, instead of being just another side story or stand alone story like 8th MS Team, 0080, and Stardust Memory were.
and from there ms complement they have been hiding as long as rommel since they have a Zaku I sniper and MS-09G Dowadge units. from the fact that the MS-09G uses a panoramic cockpit it may be an EFF refit kit for captured Dom units or Axis provided the parts to bring the remaining zeon forces MS up to spec to get them to assist them.
Wingnut

Ah, Meran returns as well. He was Bright's XO on the Ra Cailum in CCA.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

A GM II? Seriously? Either that thing is going to show up being used for labor, or some pilot is gonna die really quick.... ^^b
yazi88

Shinji103 wrote:A GM II? Seriously? Either that thing is going to show up being used for labor, or some pilot is gonna die really quick.... ^^b
Still better than the Aqua GM, that thing is from the freaking OYW. At least the GM-II has the updated cockpit and a actual beam rifle.

I'm guessing the recolored Nemo might show up during the next scan.
latenlazy

At this rate the original RX-78 is going to show up.