What TV series are you watching? (on TV, DVD, VHS, ect)

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
vick86

Re: What TV series are you watching? (on TV, DVD, VHS, ect)

My main bane these days is Supernatural on Blu-Ray. Managed to get the first 5 seasons in a box for a prise that still shocks me today. A 135 Euro which is an absolute bargain considering 60 to 70 Euro is a pretty normal price for a blu-ray season set for a show like say LOST.

So far I've made it to the early days season 4. I like how the plot and the relationship between the brothers develops. The main plot develops just quick enough not to make the monster of the week episodes a drag.
Mu La Flaga

Episode 9 of season 3 of Merlin.
So this episode had a very close old friend of Gaius'es come to Camelot to find him and also for a secondary sinister reason, that being to poison the king and all.
Originally she escaped from the city long ago when Uther began his purge of any magic users to death in Camelot.

At one point in time Gaius and Alice were almost married.
So why she came back and risked exposing her magical healing abilities was for a simple reason.
She was forced in to it when she tried to tame a Manticore, it didn't go well.
So once the king was poisoned Merlin did have Alice taken away.

However after that things went downhill, when it was found that also Alice was exposed to the Manticore's posion as well, hence his control over her.

So Merlin and Gaius devised a plan to kill the Manticore which worked and also removed the poison from Uther and Alice, not to mention Gaius had a little bit of magic in him left it seems.

But the downer came at the end when Uther was well, he was not willing to spare Alice either way, so right near the end secretively Gaius set Alice free out of love and all that.

And the episode ended at that point.
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vent Noir

Up to episode 7 of Dark Angel, and enjoying it, but... are the continuous flashbacks to the escape really necessary? Did Fukuda work on this show or something?
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
kayone73

Past the halfway mark on Turn A
Resuming season 1 of Breaking Bad
Resuming season 3 of Farscape
Starting latest season of South Park now that it's on Hulu
Mu La Flaga

Ok so I thought i posted this before but ok.
Episode 10 of season 3 of Merlin.

This episode focused on Morgana framing Gwen to look like her feelings for Arthur as looking like she magically enchanted him.
And planned to have Gwen executed by being burnt at the stake.

Merlin however turned the whole plan around with an aging spell and handing himself in and admitting to being responsible.

So in the end Morgana was left dumbstruck to say the least.

And later on Merlin maaged to break free and hide and age himself back to normal
Things went relatively back to normal once again in Camelot.
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mu La Flaga

Episode 11 of Season 3 of Merlin.

So this was a tournament centric episode with lots of contenders.
One of them being a young man using a magic ring, whom during the torunament, decided try and kill Uther when given the chance.
Only to have Merlin interfer to save Uther.

Not to mention, during the tournament Arthur lost on purpose so Uther could advance.
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Antares

Finally got around to starting to watch The Wire. HBO saps all my free time, again.
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
valkyriepilot

I just learned that Warehouse 13 and Eureka resumed new seasons 8)
Dark Duel

- White Collar, Season 3
- Rizzoli & Isles, Season 2
- In Plain Sight, Season 3

I also picked up a new show last week: Alphas, starring David Strathairn. It's a great show. The plotline thus far is vaguely X-Men-esque, but more on a somewhat narrower scope, and some of the abilities demonstrated thus far are quite interesting.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Mu La Flaga

So throwing something in here, animation related, but not anime.
I recently got Earthworm Jim the whole series on DVD, since for some odd reason in the Australia it was released unlike the USA.

So I already went through all of season 1 in 3 DVDs, next time the remmaining 2 for season 2.
Mu La Flaga

Episode 12 of Merlin.
So prety much Arthur and Merlin headed out on a quest to get the cup of life before Cendred did or Morgause did, unfortunately they lost the cup of life and Morgause used it to create an immortal army and march on Camelot.
Subsequently Uther is captured and put in the dungeon, Morgana takes the throne.

And Arthur only has a handful of helpers, next week season finale.

Apart from that I finished off Earthworm Jim, grovy!
yazi88

Watching a new show on TNT called Franklin and Bash. It's about 2 delinquent lawyers that are partners working for a famous law firm. The fact that they find ways to get drunk and play around with lightsabers and bringing hookers and talking about breasts in court is just hilarious considering that they do all that nonsense on a normal basis and throwing wild parties and playing video games at their own home.

Check this show out if any of you have a chance.
Mu La Flaga

Episode 13 of season 3 of Merlin, aka season finale.

So this episode continued on from last time.
We had Arthur get some help and a-knight some of his good friends who came to help him.
Gawain, Lancelot, Selyvan becoming knights and at the remmains of part of an old castle around the round table.

Also during the night time Merlin decided to retrive Excalibur from the lake, where it had been since season 1, the perfect weapon to kill undead enemies.

So during this, they all stormed the castle, Merlin wielding Excalibur, Arthur freed Uther.
Merlin cut off the source of the dark magically immortal soldiers and got rid of the blood in the cup of life.

Morgause attacked Merlin from behind and intended to kill him, but unfortunately for her Gaius used magic and knocked her back for a moment.
Which as she turned to attack Gaius, Merlin attacked her also knocking her to the ground.

Soon after Morganna came to find her sister unconcious and retreated taking the unconcious Morgause with her.

Uther himself seems to have been shaken to the core and it remmains unknown yet if he will be the king again during season 4 or not.
As Arthur contemplates possibly taking the throne and even talks about it with Merlin a bit.

Finally as a little nod to future Arthurian Legends Merlin puts Excalibur in to a rock and thus.
It becomes the sword in the stone, the sword which only the one worthy to wield it(Arthur or Merlin) can pull it from the rock.

So my thoughts on season 3 are it's been pretty dark season, but DAMN I loved this season finale.
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

I'm currently watching Hell's Kitchen, Falling Skies, Rescue Me and a bit of Breaking Bad.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
yazi88

Just checked out the new ThunderCats show on demand. Its a reboot of the original series and is animated by Japanese Animation Studio 4C. It's pretty good from what I saw in the hour long special of episode 1 and is considerably darker than the original series with quite a few deaths already. Lion O is also a lot smarter and is also a bit of a scientist and is pretty level headed of morals and ethics from being a prince rather then a brash kid from the original series. One major new thing is that Tigra is
Spoiler
Lion O's adopted older brother.
Jaga also actually fights and kicks ass before
Spoiler
biting the dust.
Dark Duel

I randomly tripped across the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episode "Clone Cadets" a little while back, and I liked Domino Squad a lot, so I searched on Wookieepedia for all the episodes in which they appeared and checked those out.

I liked what I saw. A lot. I love those guys, and frankly I like the Clone Troopers in general. I also find the show's version of Anakin Skywalker, from what I've seen of him in those few episodes I've seen of the show, to be a lot less annoying than he was in Eps II and III.
More surprisingly, I just recently watched the three-episode "Citadel" arc, which was my introduction to "Snips" - a.k.a. Ahsoka Tano. And honestly, given the negative reactions to the character I've seen online, I was pleasantly surprised.
Of course, Togruta are among my top five favorite near-human species in Star Wars, and she wins additional badass points in my book for dual-wielding sabers in the episodes I saw her in.
But my personal first impression was favorable, and I think I will definitely be checking out the rest of it.

Still prefer the clones though. Especially the ARC Troopers.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Antares

Rewatching Big Bang Theory since season five is right around the corner! I'm afraid, though, that Jim Parsons will never be able to shake his role as Sheldon after this. :)
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
SNT1

I'm actually marathoning Friends right now. I'm lol'ing at how far we've come in technology. They have CR boob tubes, bricks for telephones, and bragging about a laptop that has 12MB ram and 500MB hard drive. This was only 15 years ago!
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Arbiter GUNDAM

Going through good 'ole Sonic SatAM at the mo. You know what? Season 1 was so much better than season 2.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
reeoyuy

SNT1 wrote:and bragging about a laptop that has 12MB ram and 500MB hard drive.
Is that from the episode where Chandler said "Anyone wanna play Doom?" after bragging his new laptop?