MBF-P04 & MBF-P05

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Gelgoog Jager

MBF-P04 & MBF-P05

I have a few questions regarding these two:

1- What is Green Frame's unique trait? IIRC, each of the original Astray Frames had one unique feature: Gold could interface with EA weapons, Red had the OS for naturals, Blue had weapon/equipment blueprints. Or is that beam rifle/twin beam spear its only unique characteristic?

2- Where did it come from? Was it build along with the Gold, Red and Blue Frame? If so, how did it survive?

Moving on to MBF-P05 is:

3- First of all: Did it exist? The Mirage Frame (MBF-P05LM) seems to be another Librarian improved model (complete with the LM sufix added to its model number) based on an existing design, but this base design could very well be any of the other Astray Frames rather than an actual MBF-P05. Also, although I'm not sure if it's relevant, in one of the Astray mangas, one of the extras included a comment indicating that the original plan was indeed to have 5 Astray Frames, but while the fourth do was intended to be the Green Frame, the last one was supposed to be a Gray Frame.

4- If Mirage Frame is indeed the original MBF-P05, I would once again ask: where did it come from?

5- Is there anything that indicates if the transformation system was its unique feature or is it something which was incorporated into the design by Librarian.

I also want to mention that the manual from the 1/100 kit calls its normal mode "Commander Mode" (the other mode is called "Gladiator Mode"). I couldn't help thinking that this might be a reference to the Aegis, which was supposed to be the leader of the 5 original EA Gundams, and it also happened to be a transformable MS.

Finally, I'm including links to the scans of the manuals of the 1/100 kits of the Green Frame and Mirage Frame, which I hope might have information that could answer some of these questions:

Green Frame
Mirage Frame

Thanks in advance for your help.
PowerdGNFlag

Re: MBF-P04 & MBF-P05

A quick trip to Gundam Wiki tells us that the Green Frame has an AI assist system (modified from the one on the Strike Rouge) and was modifide by Lowe as a defense-oriented suit.

On the other hand, the Mirage Frame was nothing more than spare parts by the time of the Heliopolis attack; said parts came into the hands of the Librarian Works and now we have the Astray Mirage series.

Can someone expand on this further?
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
valkyriepilot

The Gundam Wikia articles also mention the following:

Green Frame has a different sensor suite that makes its eyes glow yellow instead of green for the rest of the Astrays.

Mirage Frame, as its name implies, can also use Mirage Colloid, and was given by Librarian to Rondo Ghina Sahaku for his revenge on Gai Murakumo.
E08

Both P04 and P05 were in parts form when Heliopolis collapse and seems to be buried under the debris. Somehow Barry Ho acquire P04 and lowe assembled the unit in Ame-no-Mihashira. I have doubts about the wiki's claim that the AI is an improved version of strike rouge's AI. The unit seems to be defense orientated due to the AI/OS.

As for mirage frame, its gladiator mode is created by researching blue frame third's data.
Gelgoog Jager

Thanks for the replies so far.

The AI assist system sounds like a plausible possibility for Green Frame's unique trait, although I have some doubts about the other details mentioned about it (wikipedia is not the most reliable information source). After hearing the comments about it, I came up with a theory to tie these ideas together:

At the time the Heliopolis attack took place, Green Frame was still not complete and therefore was in a different location than the 3 compelted suits. After the colony is destroyed, Serpent Trail is tasked with destroying the remaining suits, but after locating two of them, their client betrays them and therefore they drop the search for other MS. When the rescue parties arrive to collect the escape pods from Heliopolis, one of them which may or may have not included Barry Ho, recovers the Green Frame components. The AI Assist System installed in the Green Frame is later used on the Strike Rogue.

Other ideas that occur to me considering that possible scenario is that the Green Frame could have been Barry's personal MS at some point, but during the last part of the war that took place in space, he used a space use MBF-M1A M1A Astray. Back on Earth he switched back to the Green Frame until he gave it to Trojan Noiret (who according to the wiki is his disciple). I know there is a manga showing Barry piloting a stolen Strike Dagger during the South Atlantic Alliance's Independance, but this doesn't necessarily contradicts this idea, since he might have chosen not to use it in order to prevent that the MS could be related to Orb. By the time Barry gives the MS to Trojan, MS from all factions seem to be available to all sides.

Now for the Mirage Frame, the first problem I find is that if both the Green Frame and Mirage Frame were incomplete, their components would have been recovered at around the same time and it wouldn't make sense for the Mirage Frame to end up with Librarian. Personally I found appealing the idea that the Green Frame might have been built using the components from both incomplete Frames, which in turn means that the Gray Frame was never actually completed, although it's design served as the base for the Mirage Frame, an entirely new MS built by Librarian (if this was the case, maybe we would still get a chance to see MBF-P05 Gray Frame at some point).

As to what might have been the unique trait of the original MBF-P05, out of the several unique traits of the Mirage Frame, I would place my bet on the Melee-Combat Sensors mentioned on the wikipedia profile, which seems to follow the tradition of being some sort of OS, data or interface, rather than an actual weapon.

If that is the characteristic that interested Librarian the most, it would easily explain why the MBF-P05 was specifically used as the base model rather than one of the other Astray Frames, as suggested by it's Librarian model number.
E08

Regarding the unique traits of the astrays, actually when they are bulit, only gold frame is the special one due to it having EA hand plugs. None of the other units have anything special. When Gina is preparing to depart from heliopolis, he is told by the technican helping him that the astray series data are too large to be copied into the gold frame. Gina then instructed him to copy the natural use OS data and additional data into red and blue frame respectively.

Green frame seems to be assembled later by lowe after barry ho obtained it and left the orb military (or vice versa), thus the AI system on it could not have lead to the strike Rogue AI system.

As for mirage frame, it is possible that P04 and P05 are seperated when heliopolis collapse.

Edit: After looking through the chinese translation of Vs Astray chpt 2, it states that mirage form is indeed modified from P05. Of course, there maybe translation error, but i doubt it.