Turinu's 3D Mecha Art - 4/30/2018 - Various Mecha Stuff

The place to share your artwork.
Wingnut

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - 5/14/11 - Antares' Colony!

I can see at least two of those modes being based on the Cheridum's main rifle with the folding barrel design.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Turinu

Aye. I liked how Cherudim's rifle did that so I pretty much just yanked the idea for an earlier sketchup model. Since that model was never completed I reused it, though this rifle design was made from scratch (The other one wasn't very pretty).

Then I just decided to tack on the feature of barrel extensions for even more use. If you can use one rifle as a base and just tack on some stable additions, no need to create ten other rifles when you can just have one!

A bit of fun with Sketchup Styles and Adobe ImageReady. Shooting in the snow! Or, at least about to shoot (I'm doubtful I could make a very convincing beam shoot out of the rifle).

And then here's a fuller progress update compared to the last with front and back views.

Sixth Progress Update

And much like the Cherudim's rifle, the idea to mount the rifle to the shoulder like that came from the Dynames.
illsteir

Shori wrote: A bit of fun with Sketchup Styles and Adobe ImageReady. Shooting in the snow! Or, at least about to shoot (I'm doubtful I could make a very convincing beam shoot out of the rifle).
This one's not showing, Shori (screw Imageshack's policy change!).
Turinu

Huh, loaded fine for me. D: I was too lazy to get into Photobucket on this laptop (mainly because the uploader was broken on this laptop) But I have gotten it fixed so here's the image re-upped to Photobucket:

Daeg Hagal Beam Rifle Pose

Also, since a couple of people began to ask me to use my models for Windom XP, I've decided to go back and start remaking my older models, starting from the Sin.

Mass Production Type Sin v.2.0

A lot of my older models have a lot of issues and I don't think they should be rigged for that kind of game, so I'm going to remake them so they're worthy of it. >_>
illsteir

Huh, loaded fine for me. D: I was too lazy to get into Photobucket on this laptop (mainly because the uploader was broken on this laptop) But I have gotten it fixed so here's the image re-upped to Photobucket:
That's ImageShack's fault. Now, they require you to have an IS account and be logged in to view direct linked images.

Also, cool pose :D
Turinu

Indeed. Well, it mainly came from you. That Gernsback looks nice kneeling down with the rifle like that, :P.

Here's a progress update on the remake of the Desert Blossom Sin as I struggle with Daeg Hagal's feet.

Bunker Sin originally only had different arms. This time I've given it a somewhat different torso with a more gundamized vent-style chest and fin-like extensions to the sides of the heads. Its side skirts will also feature weapons that fire off pile bunkers, on top of the massive pile bunker weapons it has integrated into the arms.

The Standard Sin will have a more mobile shield on the arms, capable of swinging in front of the arm, behind the arm and rotating 360 degrees. Its design will continue to change from the original as I continue to work downward.
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

Oooh, I really like the heads on those, they're sort of Visor, sort of Gundam-style muzzle. It's very unique and it looks pretty cool :D
Zeonic Glory wrote:Sorry to ask this but, what does kawaii mean?
Be kawaii and visit the Art and Multimedia section.
Turinu

Aye, the visor acts as the primary sensor/camera package; all-range view, satellite connectivity, various radars built in, etc. The eyes are redundant sensors and cameras built in just in case the visor somehow gets damaged in battle. Not as great as the visor, but good enough to work in emergencies.

Getting a bit into Power Rangers here with the color schemes... yet to come is White and yellow!

From Left to Right it's the Mass Production Sin, Hayabusa Sin, Blossom Sin, Rescue Sin and Bunker Sin. I plan on replacing most of the letters on Hayabusa with japanese characters (Mainly its name and any "Sin" writing on it; acronyms will remain the same).
Turinu

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium

Nothing really new today. Can't do much work at all on this laptop while on vacation, though I've uploaded an image I put together before vacation using some new weapons I made.

Daeg Hagal Beam Magnums

The Daeg Hagal's first pair of ranged weapons before it gets its rifle. A pair of six-shot magnum revolvers that make use of compressed energy shells to fire off high-velocity beam attacks down a rail barrel. Since it doesn't use e-pacs or connect directly to the generator, you could say the bullets it fires the energy out of are its e-pacs.
Turinu

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - 7-10-11 - Cars and Trucks!

Something a little different today. Wanted to try making some futuristic-looking vehicles. I think they came out pretty nice so I decided to use them as templates for vehicles used on Frame Crash aside from the mecha.

1. No Boundaries FE 0210 GX9000 Eledes RSM-B2
2. Mechadyne MD500 Service Trailer Open Cab

From the front the Eledes looks like a Crab Herbie. Lol. An all-terrain sports car pretty much.

The Service Trailer is pretty much the replacement for that huge Frame Trailer I made awhile back. It's like 1/10th the size and can fit one frame in it (I brought the Frame size down from 20 meters to around 10 meters with the new frame parts I'm making).
Haruma

I just want to say I love these two vehicle designs. The designs actually work really well. Now heres something I like about both the car and the trailer, the both look like a pair of transforming "combiners". Think you could whoop up a look? XD!
Turinu

If I wasn't already extremely lazy when it comes to working on 3D models, I probably would.

On a side note, the Frame Trailer was actually made from the incomplete husk of a transformable mecha I was working on, lol.

----------------

It's finally here! It took me a long time just to finish a damn pair of feet, but I went on to completely redo the legs and add a little detail here and there... over the period of a month or two of bouts of laziness. Yay lazy!

12. M1 Daeg Hagal (3D)
Daeg Hagal Standard in Basic Colors
Daeg Hagal with Beam Rifle Mounted
Daeg Hagal with Beam Rifle and Shield
Daeg Hagal with Beam Sabers
Daeg Hagal with Beam Magnums

Model Number: M1
Code Name: Daeg Hagal
Unit Type: Archetype general purpose test mobile suit
Manufacturer: Arcwalde Technologies Messier Division
Operator: Arcwalde Technologies
Rollout: N/A
First Deployment: SC0323
Accommodation(s): Pilot only in Type IV M-Tracer cockpit in upper torso
Dimensions: Head height 19.3 meters; overall height 20.1 meters
Weight: Empty weight 51.7 metric tons; full weight 59.9 metric tons
Construction: Patent M225 classified materials endoskeleton; ultralight titanium alloy composite on outer frame
Powerplant: Type IV ultracompact fusion reactor, power output rating 9,240KWs
Propulsion: R08 high-grade back pulse thruster x 1, power output rated at 102,300kgs; R17 medium-grade leg pulse thruster x 2, power output rated at 56,500kg per thruster; R24 low-grade pulse thruster x 4, power output rated at 23,250kg per thruster
Performance: Maximum acceleration 5.9g's (empty), 5.1g's (full weight); Ground running speed 258 km/h; ground hovering speed 539 km/h; turn time 0.6 seconds
Equipment and Design Features: High-performance sensor array, range 18,000 meters; IRIS Reaction-type Advanced Artificial Intelligence; Type III internal synthetic muscle fibers; modular hard points
Fixed Armaments: N/A
Optional Fixed Armaments: WDHBS01X Variable beam saber x 2, stores on optional saber rack on upper back; WDHFA02A Heavy particle beam magnum x 2, attaches to hard points on rear
Optional Armaments: WDHBR00Z Variable large heavy particle rifle x 1, attaches to optional shoulder mount on shoulder; SDHABS02R Heavy atmospheric defense shield x 1, attaches to optional shoulder mount on shoulder or back arm mount

Technical and Historical Notes:

Built as a mobile suit to last, the Daeg Hagal was constructed around a super-dense frame, nearly indestructible, made through a special manufacturing process. This frame was then encased in a special layer of synthetic metal fibers, where energy from the reactor would run through them. When the frame tensed up, the fibers would expand as energy from the reactor would begin flowing faster to those parts, providing more stability and power. For armor plating, the original Daeg Hagal would put to use a special armor material that was commonly used during the SC0100's; however that synthetic metal hadn't been produced for decades, so instead an ultra light type of titanium base was used instead, giving it average defense with the same weight as the originally intended material. Though the unit's armor quality dropped with this decision, with a strong inner frame backing the titanium base it still managed to achieve surprising defense..

During its production, the Daeg Hagal was a testbed for several new technologies, designed to improve the function of aging Martian mobile suits. Because the unit design lacked weapons but had many hard points for mounting them, engineers put many of those weapon technologies to use for the frame, such as variable beam saber technology and beam magnums. Capable of adjusting their size, output and heat, the variable beam saber was an effective shield-splitting weapon, capable of cutting through beam shields and burning through anti-beam coated shields. The beam magnums utilized ultra compact e-packs, called e-shells, that were smaller, cheaper and stored a great deal of compressed energy, with more than one shot per e-shell. Though their range suffered, the weapon became a favorite amongst security forces in colonies that needed a weapon that wouldn't damage the inner walls of a colony. Several other weapons would eventually roll out for the unit, as well as different equipment sets.

Couldn't really decide on what to put for the tech notes, so I just shot for basic info.
Josh

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - 8-27-11 - 3D Daeg Hagal Fin

The proportion of the arms in relation to the legs looks really awkward in my opinion. It looks especially noticeable with the size of the hands. If this was intentional as to what you want this new version of the design to be, then I have to say I liked the old frankens much more.
Turinu

Yar, now that you mention it the hands do seem a bit big. I enlarged the arms cause' I thought they looked a bit too small but after looking at it for a bit that doesn't seem to be the case; fortunately I have them saved at the original size (That also saves me the trouble of remaking the Type 1 Mod Arms I made earlier and forgot to resize along with the base arms).
Scorpio[pt]

what program are you using to design in 3D?
Don't take life too seriously.....no-one's getting out alive.
Scorpio[pt]

thanks going to watch some tutorials to see what i can do in 3D
Don't take life too seriously.....no-one's getting out alive.
Turinu

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - 9-25-11 - New Frame Crash F

Okay, let's see what we got here...

I've begun the Fifth Revision to Frame Crash's Frames (They've gone through five different stages from 2D to 3D).

Here's an example of the completed Standard Light Frame in the new template:

Standard Light Frame Basic Colors

Here's an example of a custom Medium Frame using the same base template.

Turinu's Frame Basic Colors

This one's almost done... just can't figure out how to design the top part of the head. Any ideas would be gladly welcome!

Anyways, these two frames are both based off the same template; Light, Medium and Heavy Frames will all use this template cause' it makes making the Frames so much easier, while still allowing a great deal of uniqueness for every part.
tehprognoob

That light frame will break his back walking, lol...
Faithful soldier of the Hatsune Miku Scout Force

Turinu

Ehhh, I figure if a Knightmare Frame can lug around a cockpit of that same exact size on its back, a mecha ten meters taller with a larger body scale-wise won't have much issue.

Still, I can understand. The waist is pretty thin. That's just ended up being my style when it comes to mecha it seems. :<