Ep. 080 - Rage Against the Gundam AGE!

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
prince_of_zeon

Re: Ep. 080 - Rage Against the Gundam AGE!

Great show, yet again. So great, I made a quiz about it-check it out: http://www.sporcle.com/games/Pods/gundamnmahq-tropes
Twat me: http://twitter.com/#!/Podsyboy

Subscribe/comment me: http://www.youtube.com/user/AlphaAeizeru

Did Fats Goodman really die at the end of "Fats' Counterattack?"
Arbiter GUNDAM

Question re Caprica: Wasn't the monotheism thing kinda the Cylons' schtick in BSG?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Chris
Administrator

Yes, it was. What's the point you're driving at?
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Arbiter GUNDAM

Why are there these monotheists running around in the prequel then?

--Freyja Wion
Chris
Administrator

Because according to Caprica, Cylons embrace monotheism from human monotheists, who are shunned by the rest of society.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Arbiter GUNDAM

I'm starting to get the feeling that I need to finish up the last 2 seasons of Battlestar so I can understand this.

--Freyja Wion
skyknight

Gundam AGE... woah, didn't know the rage was already on, and good timing, as it should start airing by now.

Yes, when I was traveling in Japan in May, I did see the promo, and to be honest I was NOT excited at all to see the promotion of a younger, not "new", generation of Gundam pilots. But you gotta love some of the MS design for the series, heck, count me in as haters of ZZ, Destiny Gundam... I will definitely give the series a try.

I do agree our latest advancement in information technology has drastically change our expectations and expressing our opinions - for better and worst. Watching the latest anime translated within hours, and catching up on old anime on DVD or on-line streaming, it would be impossible even 10 years ago, and people now can really do whatever they want - which does includes trolling! I agree with you guys that toy/anime companies need to find new audience to keep their franchise flowing and growing.

I would dare to ask any Transformer fan, if not for Beast Wars, would we ever see other TF series in the US or even JP? Yes, not every Gundam series will satisfy everyone - my bro and his friends (most are Asians) + me still hate G-Gundam, talk about Japanese nationalism in that series! But you have to respect the people who works on the project, give them time to let them finish, and judge the whole process for yourself - do NOT force your opinion on others!

I am sure the crew will definitely keep us up-to-date on Gundam AGE.
How much better is being a Creepy Bishonen compared to an AEUG slapping boy?

If Ginrai, the Japanese truck driver living in America, can be the leader of Cybertron Forces, then what can a pizza delivery boy be?

My Items on Sale

PSN: skyknight0100