Minor Exia Issue

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Gatx

Minor Exia Issue

Exia's blade comes out of this shield thing on it's wrist, so it usually just sticks out straight along the length of it's forearm, but in the final battle against Graham in the first season, there's a moment when they clash where it looks like it's actually holding the blade like a sword. I've seen an SD Exia model where the blade kind of extends out, letting Exia hold it in that manner, but would like some clarification. Is this like a feature that's just rarely used, like Susanoo's beam chakram, or Cherudim's rifle bits?
valkyriepilot

Re: Minor Exia Issue

the handle for the GN rifle (where the blade is connected to via a swivel point) can rotate, allowing the Exia to hold it like a normal sword. it has been used a few times, though as far as i can remember from the show, Setsuna probably used more the "katar" mode of wielding the GN Sword probably for quick slashes and swings.

EDIT: you can see in this image from Dalong's review of the 1/100 Exia how the said mechanism works. and this image shows how it is held in "normal sword" mode.
JEFFPIATT

the robot damashi also has that feature. the only limitation of the gun sword exia used was the face that it had to be docked to the arm sheld to work.
SonicSP

Not sure whether it's used it in the show but it's a known ability. The HG has it too.

The disadvantage of this mode is that it takes a longer time to switch back to rifle mode since the rifle would be pointing up. Whereas in

At least Exia has a mechanism engineered to switch between the two, 00 Qan(T)'s GN Sword V just "holds" it different with it's fingers if it wants to use either the "perpendicular" or "straight" positions. Kinda wish it wasn't totally fingers based.
crashlegacy14
Location: In the Zaku's cockpit. Yes, the one that just exploded.

the most common way we see exia holding the hilt is when it's using the gun model I'm sure there are other examples of it being held as a sword though.
Crash's Mecha Design Works
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
-----------------//-----------
ShadowCell wrote: Perspective. It's great.
CrashLegacy14 wrote: my immortal enemy: Perspective.