[Novel] - New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Frozen Teardrop

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Dark Duel

Re: [Novel] - New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Frozen Teardrop

I haven't been able to read GotD beyond the first four chapters, which cover up to the end of Episode 3 when Heero and Duo recover Wing Gundam.
Thus far, it is literally a retelling of the series, with bits of Episode Zero/EW flashbacks sprinkled in, using Katoki's designs. Doesn't feel rushed to me, at least.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
AmuroNT1

As near as I can tell, the manga decided to do some major time-skipping. Up to this point it had mostly been a one-to-one parallel to the anime, except that the first couple of chapters focus on Duo rather than Heero.

Also, the official translation seems to be Glory of the Losers, in reference to Treize's speech in ep25. And yes, it's a silly translation, but that can't be helped.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Amadi Akintunde

AmuroNT1 wrote:As near as I can tell, the manga decided to do some major time-skipping. Up to this point it had mostly been a one-to-one parallel to the anime, except that the first couple of chapters focus on Duo rather than Heero.

Also, the official translation seems to be Glory of the Losers, in reference to Treize's speech in ep25. And yes, it's a silly translation, but that can't be helped.
Nope, no major timeskip here.
Spoiler
Chapter 8 seems to be continuing Quatre and Trowa's fight, and ending where Heero goes after an OZ freight plane carrying Gundanium.

Apparently they changed that scene around a bit - whereas in the show he just destroys it and its shipment of Gundanium, here, Heero destroys the plane, but retrieves the Gundanium - likely for his own use in repairing the Wing Gundam. Which makes much more sense.
AmuroNT1

Just wanted to point out really quick, Homeless discovered that Wu Fei's Epyon is apparently supposed to be "Epyon Bai", not "Pi", "Bai" being the Mandarin word for white as well as a reference to a mythical Chinese dragon.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Deacon Blues

Chalk that one up to the Japanese (more like Sumisawa) not knowing the difference between バイ and パイ for phonetics. Probably explains why Google eluded me with this one :P I wondered where they got "Gundam Epyon White" from on the concierge page...
AmuroNT1

I'm just glad we have a better name; "Pi" was just plain silly.

justice_oz1

When was the first chapter released if anyone happens to know, i'm very interested on reading this, i do also know that Zechs and Noin have twins Millo and Naina.
Raiden

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... 000674.jpg

So for addition equipment Deathsycthe Rousette just gets Wing Gundam's Wings but miniaturized.....and talk about color clashing, they don't even bother changing its color scheme to even match deathsycthe.
ChroniK

Raiden wrote:http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... 000674.jpg

So for addition equipment Deathsycthe Rousette just gets Wing Gundam's Wings but miniaturized.....and talk about color clashing, they don't even bother changing its color scheme to even match deathsycthe.
Apparently they enjoy clashing colors, although I don't how much good would come from miniaturizing Wing Gundam's Wings.
"They have been waiting all this time. Waiting while time stood still around them. However, time has begun to flow again. Because of Cardeas Vist's actions." - Full Frontal
AmuroNT1

It's probably just the incomplete image, but it doesn't look all that different from Heavyarms Kai EW. I really have to question the gaps in the helmet; it doesn't look like battle damage, and I just can't see it being practical in any way to expose your internals.

Deacon Blues

Incomplete image? Nope... that's how the covers are. :S
AmuroNT1

I just meant the fact that we can only see its head and a little of its shoulders; if we got a look at the whole body it'd probably be a different story.

balofo

It's armor is incomplete according to the novel, so it matches perfectly:Nano Cloak, Cross shaped Gatling Gun
schwarz ritter

Mr. Deacon Blues, I would first like to thank you for every single translation you've been able to give us so far. I salute you, fellow Zeon!

On a serious note: I find this novel quite interesting. I'm not the biggest fan of AC, but the few chapters I've been able to read so far are promising future awesomeness. I really look forward to more of this. n_n
Reinhard: "Of course, grades in school aren't a good indicator. They focus too much on memorization and imitation, and don't foster imagination."
Kircheis: "What you find important are imaginative and conceptual capabilities, right?"
Reinhard: "That's right."
J-Lead

Good CHRIST almighty!

I'm not even trying to be cute with the christ pun; that's a fucking lot of ordinance.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
GX9900-Gundam-X

I wonder is that Gatling heavy with mercy or gods love?
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
Mu La Flaga

J-Lead wrote:Good CHRIST almighty!

I'm not even trying to be cute with the christ pun; that's a ZOINKS lot of ordinance.
Holy hell, that load of weapons makes the Heavyarms and Leopard Destroy Gundams look wimpy in comparison :shock: