Dark Duel's Shop-Fu and assorted artsy stuff

The place to share your artwork.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Re: Dark Duel's Shop-Fu and assorted artsy stuff

I like the blue. It looks cool and we just don't seem to see blue as beam color in Gundam all that much.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Amadi Akintunde

Looks good to me. Works well with the Strike Freedom's silhouette, and it doesn't detract from the overall image.
Dark Duel

Thanks guys.
Sorry for the belated reply.
Anyway, I have more Shop-fu that I did today.
Anyway, I saw in the 2nd SRW OG topic a pretty awesome machine, the Flickerei Geist, which I really liked because to me it looks like a cross between an AshSaber on steroids and the AltEisen.
Although I wasn't a big fan of the paintjob since the colors of the upper and lower halves don't match. So I did a couple of recolors. On the right, the upper half colored to match the lower half; on the left, the opposite.
The latter ends up sporting the Weißritter's colors; the former looks like Trombe should be playing in the background :D
Next I plan to do another set in the colors of the AltEisen and AshSaber. Possibly a Nacht/AshSaber M set after that.

Opinions?
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Dark Duel

Well, it's not Flickerei Geist, but I did do something else today.
Not gonna go too much into what odd idea motivated me to do it, but what started the project was the question: "What would the R-Blade Custom look like if the R-Blade unit was in the standard colors rather than two-tone blue?"
This is the end result.
As always, comments welcome.

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Wingnut

I dare say it looks better that way. And I'd put priority on the Ashsaber colors for the Glickerei Geist as something I'd want to see.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Dark Duel

Dark Duel wrote:Hmm...after tinkering with it a little bit more, I would have to agree that the blue looks best.
Thanks.
Thoughts?
Been tinkering with this one a little more using a good source pic I found to get a better-looking effect for the wings. What do y'all think?

Wingnut

The new version looks more like an actual bird wing coming out of the metal part then any kind of thrust. It doesn't quite work IMO.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Dark Duel

Hmm...well the goal was to create a similar visual effect to that of the Destiny's activated WoL, but now you mention it it does look a little too opaque, doesn't it?
Well, thanks as usual for the feedback.
I'll keep messing with it, see if I can't get it to look a little better.
EDIT: It's a little better, but I'm not 100% happy with it. I'll keep fiddling with it.
EDIT2: I finally got it to look exactly how I wanted. So next I can get back to the Flickerei Geist recolors.

Dark Duel

...or not.
This time it's a simple recolor of a Seed Destiny machine, meant as a nod to what is probably one of the most demented freaks to have ever been devised by fantasy fiction.

EDIT: Yeah, I know it doesn't have quite the right number of legs. So here it is again, edited accordingly.

tehprognoob

IMO the eyes are better off in the original Strike Freedom. It might just be that I'm looking at it with a library computer's bad resolution, but the yellow is a bit better. The green stands out a bit too much.
Again, might just be my monitor.
Faithful soldier of the Hatsune Miku Scout Force

Dark Duel

I think it's more the low resolution of that pic makes it stand out more than it should; looks fine on my wallpaper. That said, it does look a little off, so I may change it back.
Moving on to something loosely related.
The ZAKU Warrior, from the same may-eventually-get-written fic.
Top right is the pre-production prototype, piloted by Luna and Rey in the story(they may get custom-colored ones like their Phantoms in the series, haven't decided yet; Rey will use this specific configuration, Luna will use the Gunner Wizard). In the middle is the production model command type, and the top right is the production model.
The bottom row are just it with the different Wizard Packs, which are the same as in the series. Then there's this, which may or may not take the place of the Impulse Gundam because I love the ZAKU, and as much as I like the Impulse it is a rather bland design. Plus I love the idea of the Freedom getting taken down by a glorified grunt unit.
Whatever.
Penny for your thoughts?

Wingnut

Dark Duel wrote:Then there's this, which may or may not take the place of the Impulse Gundam because I love the ZAKU, and as much as I like the Impulse it is a rather bland design.
Penny for your thoughts?
Interesting. I may have a use for something like this in the TARRRPG that's still going on. Mind if I use the image if I go through with that idea?
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Dark Duel

Nah, go right ahead.

Dark Duel

The following conversation took place in the Gundam AGE mecha thread:
Heecarl_Reez wrote:G-Exes lineart, photo taken from the booth.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Is it just me or does it look like a white Batman?
Red Comet90 wrote:Its those pointy "ears" it has on its head.
As I personally agreed, I went ahead and did this recolor, which I already posted in said thread: Mobile Suit Batman

Arbiter GUNDAM

As I said, you win the internet.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Dark Duel

Thanks.
Though TBH I can't take full credit for the idea - I got it from you guys.
Still, I think when the G-Exes comes out, I'll be getting it just so I can give it that paintjob :lol:

Heecarl_Reez

That's just... wow, you are awesome sir, really. (As for G-Exes, damn what a fine lookin' suit, Ebikawa are you the designer?? If yes then I'm loving you more. :D)

Some ideas for the color scheme: Optimus Prime G1, Barnaby Brooks Jr suit (pointy ears :P). Hyaku Shiki, or Delta Plus might fit too ... ;)
Dark Duel

Have to give some thought to those. In the meantime, here's a minor amendment to the above.
Because after all, if we're gonna do Batman, why not Robin?

Sume Gai

Ha! too perfect!

I wonder if the Gundam AGE would make a good superman?
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Wingnut

Dark Duel wrote:Have to give some thought to those. In the meantime, here's a minor amendment to the above.
Because after all, if we're gonna do Batman, why not Robin?
Holy recolors, Batman! It actually works quite well. Almost too well.
Sume Gai wrote:I wonder if the Gundam AGE would make a good superman?
It does seem to be immune to (beam) bullets and can leap tall buildings in a single thruster jump.

What's next, Nobel Gundam as (classic/DCAU) Wonder Woman?
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.