The Official Gundam: The Origin Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
SonicSP

Re: Another Gundam Incoming

Does not explicitly say whether its a TV Series or OVA or anything so it could be in any form, if animated at all.

It would be nice if its a main entry in something in addition to the recently announced Gundam AGE as well as the remaining Unicorn chapters.
yazi88

Untitled Seed Movie..... canceled. :twisted:
J-Lead

Coolorooni.

Kunio Okawara did hint at his involvement with a UC project way back near March. This might have something to do with it.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
RLZIII

It seems unlikely to me that this announcement will be another animated work. Gundam UC is still in development with three more episodes to go and now Gundam AGE is aimed at an October release. It'd be really surprised if it was another animation (though, I wouldn't complain). A manga? Probably not; doesn't seem like a manga would be announced by Bandai, especially not during a live event.

A new model line also doesn't seem likely to me for two reasons: 1) The announcement will be after the Tokyo Toy Show (which seems like the time to show off some new lines), and 2) They just announced the AG and GB grades with Gundam AGE.

I could see a new game perhaps? It seems kinda extreme to have a live press conference for it, but you never know.
Kyuzo Aoi

Would this be the Gundam EXA manga by Koichi Tokita?
I am a Gundam!
Sume Gai

I agree with the general sentiment that it's unlikely to be animated, though if it is It would probably be a short OVA (perhaps a follow up to Igloo 2 TGF or something in the vein of Stargazer or Gunpla Builders)

Though this seems a bit much for a Manga or Game and I can't see a new gunpla line with all that they have running already.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Gundamfan

Kyuzo Aoi wrote:Would this be the Gundam EXA manga by Koichi Tokita?
No, the Gundam EXA manga already premiered in the most recent issue of Gundam Ace already. The first thing I thought of as well was that it would be animated, but I'm not so sure since we already have Unicorn and now AGE. Though, it could be a movie, you never know. I'm not sure if it is a game or not, but whatever it is I'm sure it'll be interesting.
SNT1

I wish it is anything related to Frozen Teardrop / Glory of the Defeated. My inner winger has resurfaced this past year or so.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
AmuroNT1

J-Lead wrote:Coolorooni.

Kunio Okawara did hint at his involvement with a UC project way back near March. This might have something to do with it.
IIRC, Deacon sent Okawara a Tweet about that, and his response included "Who said anything about the Universal Century?"
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
J-Lead

AmuroNT1 wrote:
J-Lead wrote:Coolorooni.

IIRC, Deacon sent Okawara a Tweet about that, and his response included "Who said anything about the Universal Century?"
Huh...His response to Deacky's previous tweet was something like "I'm not allowed to talk about it...UC perhaps?" If this announcement has to do with whatever Okawara was talking about before, he's probably trying not to get in trouble.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
RLZIII

J-Lead wrote:Huh...His response to Deacky's previous tweet was something like "I'm not allowed to talk about it...UC perhaps?" If this announcement has to do with whatever Okawara was talking about before, he's probably trying not to get in trouble.
This is more correct. Deacon's question was:

"大河原さん、アメリカから今晩は。無理だけど、来年のガンダム発表についてもう少し詳細な情報がほしいです。お願いします。宇宙世紀?未来世紀? 新ガンダムか?英語のガンダムコミュニティーは興奮でざわめいている。お返事、待ってます。どうもありがとう orz"

And Okawara's response was:

"御免なさい。守秘義務が有りまして、、、。宇宙世紀?"

Which translates to essentially what you paraphrased, minus the "perhaps" part. The last part is just "Universal Century?" I'm not sure why Okawara even said this last part, and I don't think it's ever been clear. It seems like he is trying to hint at something; but that kinda goes against him also saying that he cannot talk about the subject.
Iron_spear

I agree with everyone in this thread that it is probably not another Animated work (I don't think they would undercut AGE's hype a couple of weeks after the big announcement), and a new manga is too small time for such a hyped announcement.

I think whatever the announcement is, it will compliment the AGE announcement we got last week. Because of this, I am willing to bet that the announcement is going to be a home port of Extreme vs; the time is right, and this is the perfect time to announce that Gundam AGE-1 will be in the port. The vs. series is HUGE, it makes bandai a crapload of money and would be the most fitting of a high profile announcement, way better than any other alternative - especially if it isn't going to be an animation announcement.
Raiden

SNT1 wrote:I wish it is anything related to Frozen Teardrop / Glory of the Defeated. My inner winger has resurfaced this past year or so.
FT probably would need another year or two like Unicorn did to finish its novel run before they even consider to animate it. Since i believe they only started last fall so its no where even close to being near that point.
LightningCount

Seems more likely it'll be another high-profile video game like 0081 (which fooled us into thinking it was an anime :() Or, if not that, then something like MS IGLOO. It would be cool to have another animation, but if they did do anything like that, only the delayed SEED-Destiny Movie makes sense, IMO. (Content-wise, it probably deserves a movie just as much as 00, and was planned for one long ago).
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
BlackLion

Extreme VS seems most likely to me, it's been out for over a year now and the new Tekken will be releasing in arcades soon, and I don't think Bamco wants it directly competing with Gundam. It would be a great time to announce a PS3 / Vita port with AGE as a bonus unit (and Crossbone X2 since it seems that DSH won the contest)
AmuroNT1

BlackLion wrote:It would be a great time to announce a PS3 / Vita port with AGE as a bonus unit (and Crossbone X2 since it seems that DSH won the contest)
The contest was to determine which MS would get in the game first, not at all. Both X2 Kai and Deathscythe will be in the final game.

Anyway, they can't release a new Gundam project yet. We haven't finished whining about how Age has RUINED GUNDAM FOREVER.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
BlackLion

AmuroNT1 wrote:
BlackLion wrote:It would be a great time to announce a PS3 / Vita port with AGE as a bonus unit (and Crossbone X2 since it seems that DSH won the contest)
The contest was to determine which MS would get in the game first, not at all. Both X2 Kai and Deathscythe will be in the final game.

Anyway, they can't release a new Gundam project yet. We haven't finished whining about how Age has RUINED GUNDAM FOREVER.
Ahh but we all know the final game is always the console port :P
MS-05DS

could it be another MS Igloo series?

first MS Igloo covered story from the beginning of the OYW till the end of OYW from Zeon side and MS Igloo 2 just covered the Feddies story until the middle of OYW. so maybe it's logic to have the series covered the rest now.
"POWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" -Jeremy Clarkson
yazi88

I wonder if the new announcement will be another Igloo series that follows the Federation side but in Space as a follow up to Gravity Front. It will probably feature MSV-R units.