Red Zaku's Art Gallery: Surprise, I'm not dead!

The place to share your artwork.
Red Zaku

Re: Red Zaku's Art Gallery: RedZaku needs YOU!

crashlegacy14 wrote:...wait what? I've never heard that. where's this flapping his jaw at?

Well he posted deviant arts rules, and it does seem that Frankens would violate Deviant Art's ToS. Though given that I'm only one user and there were frankens on deviant art long before I joined, I fail to see why I'm really being singled out here, but never the less, It seems the reason I moved my stuff there in the first place is now useless because I likely will get a ban if he reports me to a mod. So does anyone know a good place to host art, because image-shack, and photobucket lose my photos too frequently for my taste.
"I'M THE CRIMSON LIGHTNING DAMNIT!" - Johnny Ridden
Haruma

Have you asked this person dirctly why he says the frankens are in direct violation of DA ToS?

On another note, Photobucket is always a good place to upload. I doubt the guy is there, but even if he is, he wont know because there are plenty of frankens on Photobucket to cover up your stuff.

Also, maybe ask a few deviant art members from here to post a comment on your porfile or something to get some support?
Amadi Akintunde

Red Zaku wrote:
crashlegacy14 wrote:...wait what? I've never heard that. where's this flapping his jaw at?

Well he posted deviant arts rules, and it does seem that Frankens would violate Deviant Art's ToS. Though given that I'm only one user and there were frankens on deviant art long before I joined, I fail to see why I'm really being singled out here, but never the less, It seems the reason I moved my stuff there in the first place is now useless because I likely will get a ban if he reports me to a mod. So does anyone know a good place to host art, because image-shack, and photobucket lose my photos too frequently for my taste.
Try Majhost. It's a little more organized. Though I'd also suggest getting a Dropbox.
Red Zaku

Whoa, whoa whoa guys. I appreciate the sentiment but let's not go trying to make this guy's life hard. I should probably clarify, that I submitted this art to a Gundam group and he's an Admin. SO I understand his position. He's looking out for the best interests of his group. He asked me if it was ok if he run it by the mods which I said no to, but as of now I'm inclined to believe he'll be running it by them anyway. Still my intention is NOT to make trouble for this person so please refrain from commenting on my Deviant art page trying to rally me some support. x.x I feel that will just make a bigger issue of this than is necessary, and while I do enjoy some of the features to keep people from stealing my frankens that Deviant art provides I'm also not looking to start a cyber war over this. I just wanted some alternative spaces to Deviant art, and I appreciate everyone that has supplied suggestions.
Turinu

I've had Frankens up on Deviant Art for years, as have other people. I wouldn't say they're illegal as they're just the same as any other image collage using pictures from various sources. All I can say is don't claim credit for it and make sure to credit the original authors. Even if you don't know who the author is, leave a footnote in the description of your franken emphasizing the fact it's a piece of work that was put together from art made by others.
... while I do enjoy some of the features to keep people from stealing my frankens...
Also, there's not much you can really do to prevent others from stealing or using the frankens. It's not like you own the art you've used for it, so you can't really put a claim on it.

So long as you make all that clear, I don't think you'll have any problems.
tehprognoob

(get Anonymous.)
As Shori said, credit the original creators with their work. A franken is basically a collage, so label it as such. They shouldn't be censored b/c of the source images.
Faithful soldier of the Hatsune Miku Scout Force

crashlegacy14
Location: In the Zaku's cockpit. Yes, the one that just exploded.

there's really no point in you having to leave because of this one guy and as you can tell you already know there's a few mecha talk heads over on DA. Personally I say stay with DA if by some chance a mod does contact you about frankens call them out on all of the other frankens and any demotivational posters on DA.
Crash's Mecha Design Works
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
-----------------//-----------
ShadowCell wrote: Perspective. It's great.
CrashLegacy14 wrote: my immortal enemy: Perspective.
Haruma

This affects everyone here who use Deviant Art for such purposes. Though, what ever the verdict is, we still have plenty of places to post what we make.
ShadowCell

You might as well ignore him. If DeviantArt's mods will let that "Rapture" picture stay up, they're probably not going to do anything about frankengundams.
Haruma

Lol, well it seems to have blown over. I haven't see that guy comment on the Franken for a while, I also don't think he ever went to a mod to get a desicion.
tehprognoob

IMO these people troll a bit and then forget all about it the next day. No need to overreact (or react at all). dA probably doesn't give a damn either. Good art is good art.
Faithful soldier of the Hatsune Miku Scout Force

Red Zaku

Well, the good news is this does appear to have blown over and things are getting back to normal. Also, as a side note I've had some inspiration lately so check back because I feel a franken coming on.
Antares

You tried to get away but frankening pulls you right back in. ;)
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Red Zaku

Antares wrote:You tried to get away but frankening pulls you right back in. ;)

It does damnit!
Red Zaku

http://redzaku.deviantart.com/art/ORB-0 ... -213234994

Ok, this is my last Franken I swear. I mention him on the deviant art page but I'll do it here too. Thanks to Bryant Molirse for helping me out by repainting the parts.
Haruma

Re: Red Zaku's Art Gallery: New Franken.... Yeah I know.

oh we'll see about that! and that thing is awesome btw. It'd be a nice alternate to the akatsuki if this ever existed.
one-village-idiot

Red Zaku wrote:http://redzaku.deviantart.com/art/ORB-0 ... -213234994

Ok, this is my last Franken I swear. I mention him on the deviant art page but I'll do it here too. Thanks to Bryant Molirse for helping me out by repainting the parts.
You keep saying that, and we used to believe it. Now, I'm just pleasantly surprised every time you make a new franken. I guess it's a good thing, keeps the demands on your time low.

Oh, and I appreciate that you have your frankens on deviantart, it allows you to put in some backstory, which is always nice. I especially like the Amaterasu's backstory.
Antares

CE-love is the best love, whooooo! Very cool, design, absolutely cool! And the melee-fighting wings, even better. Just one question, though: what is a "turret" in this context?
Dark Duel

Antares wrote:what is a "turret" in this context?
Quoting from the profile:
2 x Type 64A1 "Raijin" guided mobile beam turret system, mounted on backpack.
In other words, they're upgraded versions of the Shiranui Akatsuki's M531R remote weapons units
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Antares

Yeah I read that but I couldn't quite figure out what they looked like or how they operated since turret in my mind is rather stationary... But if that's what they are, then fair enough. Do they have any particular new attributes that would warrant the "beam turret system" name?