2nd Super Robot Wars OG

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
angelwingzero

Re: 2nd Super Robot Wars OG

I've noticed something about how they're adding in new series and stories. Banpresto seems to be adding in new series according to their chronological release either for their storyline or for the platform they came out on.

In OG1 they stated with Alpha 1 as because it was the first of the Alpha series, but threw in Masaki and the Cybuster as the beginning of the Classic series and Kyosuke and Excellen because Compact 2 was the first Compact game with original characters (and Impact was the first PS2 SRW).

In OG2 they started with Lamia and Axel from Advance, the first SRW game for the Gameboy Advance, and moved into Alpha 2's storylines with Arado and Sanger.

When OGS and OGG came out they included Reversal (the second GBA game), Compact 3 (the last Compact game), the Great Battle story which they kind of alluded to with Gilliam, and even previewing MX (the next PS2 game after Impact and Alpha 2) and even the anime, manga and audio drama stories that came out after the original OG2.

Now in 2nd OG there got the Destiny (the third GBA game), Kusuha and Ibis' Alpha 2 stories, the Real Robot Regiment and Lost Children stories, MX's main story, and the beginning of Alpha 3.

I think it's safe to assume that the series that will end up in this game will follow this chronological rule. I wouldn't be surprised if we see some EX stuff with the Cybuster. We may not see Judgement because they probably don't want to finish off another platform just yet. I hope they do start with the DS games though, W is my favorite non-OG game.
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
Mark064

They largely seem to be following the expected path...

It only makes sense that OG1 started with Alpha 1 and SRW2 so they can start both the Alpha storyline and the Alpha timeline. Kyosuke and Excellen seem to be one of the few SRW mains that can stand up to the SRX team in terms of popularity so it makes sense. Masaki appeared in Alpha 1 (not sure if he first appeared in SRW2 or what) so the sense continues.

OG2 continues making sense with continuing adding Alpha Gaiden, Alpha 2 and SRW 3 storylines. But the problem with Alpha Gaiden is that it takes place in an alternate timeline so to bring in the Thrudgelmir piloted by Alpha Gaiden Zengar they needed a way to include hence something like the final addition... SRW A.

OG Gaiden can really go either way... however it looks like they wanted mostly self contained stories that they could kick away after completion hence Compact 3 which leave and the conclusion of SRW R which meant no more R mecha. OG alluded for quite a while now that the Earth Federation was going on a path of less then righteous which makes sense to see MX appear in OG Gaiden to say it's coming.

And with 2nd OG on the way it's just a continuation of the normal ideas seeing largely what we'd expect in terms of actual Super Robot Wars games.
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
DuelGundam2099

@angelwingzero Since what you say about the chronological rule is true we could see the ultra-obscure originals from SRW Game Cube.
not sure if he first appeared in SRW2
He did.
Thrudgelmir piloted by Alpha Gaiden Zengar they needed a way to include hence something like the final addition... SRW A.
Not to mention with no Astranagant they couldn't exactly use Alpha Gaiden's final boss Aurgelmir.
I wouldn't be surprised if we see some EX stuff with the Cybuster.
Me neither, mainly Volkluss since in EX it did revive Neo Granzon and that in turn allowed some events for 4/F/F Final.
angelwingzero

DuelGundam2099 wrote:@angelwingzero Since what you say about the chronological rule is true we could see the ultra-obscure originals from SRW Game Cube.
I was hoping no one would mention those, lol.
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
Kuruni

Well, since Terada state that he never has plan to include 64 in OGverse (though I guess it's because A's original mech are just better than those), he might skip other titles as well. I have feeling that Real Robot Battleline will be one of those titles.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Zeino

I wonder who the final boss will be for 2ndOG? AI1, the final boss of MX? Perfectio, the final boss of Destiny or Irui Gan Eden, the final boss of Alpha 2?
angelwingzero

Zeino wrote:I wonder who the final boss will be for 2ndOG? AI1, the final boss of MX? Perfectio, the final boss of Destiny or Irui Gan Eden, the final boss of Alpha 2?
Most of the story bosses will probably be thrown to the end of the game like Alkaid, Duminass, Dark Brain, and Shu in OGG. I think Duval is going to be one of those half-game bosses like Bian or Jurgen.
Mu La Flaga

If Irui does show up.
I wonder if it will lead in space faring trip to the Balmar homeworld or if they would come to Earth somehow instead?
angelwingzero

Mu La Flaga wrote:If Irui does show up.
I wonder if it will lead in space faring trip to the Balmar homeworld or if they would come to Earth somehow instead?
I think they will have Irui be the main focus of Ibis' storyline because she seems to have the most connection with her through Alpha 2 and 3.
DuelGundam2099

For those interested:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/929920-d ... -taisen-og

And some 2chan rumors from the board no less! (take with massive salt)
Spoiler
>Masaki will at one point use the Jaohm
>Valsione will get a small upgrade
>No SRX although the members will appear
>Jinrai will be piloted by an AI-1 prototype from SRWMX, it will have its own pilot.
>Animations will be the best ever seen in a SRW game. the mix of 3D and 2D blended well
>The start of Alpha 2 plot and possible F/FF
> it was hinted the EX characters will return and a New granzon will be shown. shuu will be on your side
>7 new series will join the old OGs cast.
>ATX team will play the role of leaders, they won't have much impact in the story compared to previous OGs
>Bullet won't wear a mask
>Irm grungust kai will receive his colours
>Rim personality was very enjoyable
>Terada said they could make a SRWD remake now, but he wants to finish other projects.
>Terada is thinking of adding units that are similar to Macross 7 and to Lelouch's abilities
>Ryusei will be in game with R-blade and a new theme song Shutsugeki
>Ing's plot will cover Alpha plot, he will find a little blond girl with mysterious powers that assists him.
>there will be 4 different routes RRR, MX, D and Alpha
>Many route splits like ZII
>there will be many secrets this time around
>DGG1 and DGG2 will join late in the game but you will play them first half
>DGG3 will have a big secret regarding the LIOH system
>DGG3 and DGG4 are meant to be super heroes type units while DGG1 and DGG2 are more real heroes type (no idea what this means)
>Obari will work on several unit cut-ins
>G Compatible Kaiser plot will be in all routes.
>Cybuster story will be on the Alpha route
>Irm gets story
>old OG cast won't be playable till much later. game is focuses on the new cast.
Mu La Flaga

angelwingzero wrote:
Mu La Flaga wrote:If Irui does show up.
I think they will have Irui be the main focus of Ibis' storyline because she seems to have the most connection with her through Alpha 2 and 3.
Well I was thinking if it follows Alpha 2 then Alpha 3 inthe next game, how would they get to that planet?
Mark064

Wouldn't they just take the Alpha 3 route and use the Crossgate?

Anyways if these rumors are true I'm kinda disappointed. Especially with the lack of the other OG people for a good part of the game. Though I'm kinda assuming this doesn't include Kusuha, Ibis, Excellen and Kyousuke. I personally have always hated the MX originals so that route doesn't sound fun, RRR doesn't interest me too so same with that route. Alpha route is where I'd go with whatever is left with Alpha...
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
Kuruni

Heh...I wonder if that mean Akitaka's Valsione?
My girlfriend was a loli.
Mu La Flaga

If it gets more anime like look, that wiil be fine with me.
Zechs Merquise

Kuruni wrote:
Not a big fan of that design(or any OGIN design), but that would be alright I suppose.
Currently Playing:Super Robot Wars J
Currently Watching: Ideon
Mu La Flaga

Zechs Merquise wrote:
Kuruni wrote:
Not a big fan of that design(or any OGIN design), but that would be alright I suppose.
Even though the design is not much of a radical design change from the original.

http://srwog.velv.net/mecha_images/valsione.png
That is the design of the Valsione, not much difference except the shoulders and it's a little touched up more.
angelwingzero

Looks like no updates this week, there was a post on the 2nd OG development blog saying that there would be more sometime next week (the week of the 12th) including the first PV.

To sum things up so far, here are all of the characters and robots confirmed or basically confirmed so far:

Confirmed
Ing in the Ashe
Ariel Org in the Flickerei Geist
Joshua Radcliffe in the Aile Chevalier
Cliana Rimskaya in the Blanche Neige
Hugo Medio and Aqua Centrum in the Cerberus
Ibis Douglas and Tsugumi Takakura in the Altairlion
Kai Kitamura, Katina Tarask, and Russel Bergman in Gespenst Kais. The descriptions of the mechs say that the should be able to swap frames.
Latooni Subota in the Wildraubtier Schnabel
Irm Kazahara in the Grungust Kai
Kusuha Mizuha in the Ryujinki
Kyosuke Nanbu in the Alteisen Riese
Lamia Loveless in the Angelg
Mai Kobayashi in the ART-1
Ratsel Feinschmecker in the Aussenseiter
Albero Est and Eldy Mitte in the Medius Locus
Duvan Org in the Ales Geist
KoOuKi
and the Jinrai (AI controlled)

Basically Confirmed at this Point
Masaki Ando in the Cybuster
Excellen Browning in the Rein Weissritter
Sanger Zonvolt in the Dygenguard
Touma Kano in the Lioh
Garmraid
Ashsaber and Vaisaga
RyuOuKi, KoRyuOu, and RyuKoOu (I thinks that's how you spell those in English)
Gandor and Strega
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

If the SRX team really is absent from OG 2nd, then OG 3rd had better be the Alpha 3rd story. :P
angelwingzero

Shinji103 wrote:If the SRX team really is absent from OG 2nd, then OG 3rd had better be the Alpha 3rd story. :P
Oh boy I hope they don't do that crap again, the SRX is one of my favorites. Maybe they'll elaborate on what they were doing during the Alpha 2 storyline.
Wingnut

The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.