Topic Submission Thread

MAHQ's general podcast for nerdy things, which ran from 2011-2017.
The Fowl Sorcerous

Re: Topic Submission Thread

Three fantasy series I wouldn't mind hearing you guys kick around: the Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson, The First Law Trilogy by Joe Abercrombie and Codex Alera by Jim Butcher.
[[lorem ipsum]]
Dollow

Talk about the Mega Man Legends game series for the PS1.
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
Mekton GM

Well I dont know if this is a Gundamn topic or a Chaos Theater topic so I'm posting it in both.
Why not do a anime spotlight on Yoshikazu Yasuhiko's 1989 movie Venus Wars. Its a beutifly done movie (with the exeption of some of what happens durring the 3rd act)
The Great great great great great great great great grandfather of HOWARD MASON!!!!!!
Xbox Live Gamertag: Anubis214
awesome78

I think you should have a discussion of Gintama. That would be interesting to hear what your opinions are on about it especially about the various homage to other anime series especially with the sci-fi genre.
snoops619

Bioshock please.
3,000,000,000 points. I can almost taste the brownies.
jabman025

Perhaps a disscussion on the .hack franchise both games, manga, and anime. I am a big fan of the franchise and would like to know both Chris's and Pedro's thoughts on the subject.
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025
kayone73

A discussion on the Stargate franchise if you guys have both seen the film and shows. Ranging from the original James Spader flick to SG-U.
Mu La Flaga

Dropping a small idea for future suggestion.
You've done One Piece, why not do Dragonball Z/Dragonball and GT?
Either as one whole thing or in seperate spotlights.

Since you know Dragonball Z is bound to be one of those popular ones for some people.
Just to say.
sakurangel

you know what can be a goog discutuon for an anime episode? a more deep discurion about saint saiya, the ups and down, the very dab american execution in the anime, the comparation withe japanese and the latin american version, this can take a good 2 hour discussion.
Yuri lowenthal- "Angel Lopez(sakurangel) you are the manliest man I ever meet"
Alexis Tipton- "angel is was nice meet you"
prince_of_zeon

Alright gentlemen,

Since Batman: The Animated Series was on when I was a little too young to remember it, maybe you guys at some point should talk about its sequel which I do remember very fondly, Batman Beyond.

And a Zelda spotlight, running through the games maybe?
Twat me: http://twitter.com/#!/Podsyboy

Subscribe/comment me: http://www.youtube.com/user/AlphaAeizeru

Did Fats Goodman really die at the end of "Fats' Counterattack?"
Mu La Flaga

Since you've done one on Batman TAS, I hope you might do one on like like Marvel's end, namely X-Men or Spiderman from the 90s.
Since those 2 are considered to be really good for their time.
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
hotlimit

Mu La Flaga wrote:Since you've done one on Batman TAS, I hope you might do one on like like Marvel's end, namely X-Men or Spiderman from the 90s.
Since thos e2 are considered to be really good for their time.
Ditto, or even do a combo show of the 90s Spiderman and the more recent Spectacular Spiderman, I'm pretty sure at least Chris has seen both.
TheGoose

Dollow wrote:Talk about the Mega Man Legends game series for the PS1.
I also would like to see this discussed. A Spectacular Spider-Man discussion would be great too.

I don't know if the hosts would be interested in it, but I'd be intrested in seeing a discussion of some romance anime. Manga/anime like Maison Ikkoku, Video Girl Ai, I''s, Kimagure Orange Road.
kayone73

An overview on the Mainframe animated CG series ReBoot would be cool if you guys have seen it.
Mu La Flaga

kayone73 wrote:An overview on the Mainframe animated CG series ReBoot would be cool if you guys have seen it.
That would be a good idea for Chaos Theater.

My topic suggestion also is after getting my list of retro cartoons in episode 6.

I would like to see a discussion on any one of those cartoons, since some of them had really awesome ideas and stories to them.
Here is the list just in case
Mummies Alive(got a simple yet awesome story based around Egyptian mythology with fantasy elements in it a lot)
Bionic Six(definite scifi elements there with nanotechnology etc)
Dino Riders(simple yet interesting idea, where you got a war in the past on Earth with people riding Dinosaurs with weapons on them in to battle)
Gargoyles(Do I need to say why for this one?)
Street Sharks(You have the whole thing of genetic engineering and all that sort of thing and to me, the storyline was pretty interesting, better handled then Extreme Dinosaurs)
MASK(Just plain awesome yet simple concept for a series)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles(Do I really need to say on this one?)
Conan the Adventurer(A pretty good series based off the comic series and had a lot of fantasy elements to it)
Visionaries(An interesting world and setting, I liked this one a bit had elements of magic and technology)
Inhumanoids(The big bad world right under our feet filled with all sorts of nasties and Earth Force battling them)
MIB the Series(Just to throw it in there and it was nice to see a series expanded beyond the movies, especially when the 2nd movie never did that well compared to the 1st)
Centurions Awesome series and poses a feasible idea for modular power armor technology in it.
Exosquad Well the whole setting of the series and how it dealt with aliens and all of that kind of thing.
Action ManSee the description below in brief for both.

I also will say I also added Action Man(1990s, it had a simple awesome para military set of heroes with a space station base, a modified Lockheed NightHawk stealth jet, going against Dr X every episode and the main character suffering from amnesia)
and
Action Man: Greatest Hero of them All!(done by mainframe the whole idea of the series being about an extreme sports star turned super hero with the AMP(Advanced Macro Probability) factor

So yeah, expand your brains and use of the nostalgia glasses(in moderation of course)
And just feel to free to discuss any of them sometime on the show, since it's a bunch of ideas for shows to discuss sooner or later.
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Furious Rodimus

Maybe a review/overview of season 1 of Game of Thrones?
It's the stronger who create the weaker!

I am the (Color) (Object/Natural Element), Ace of (Organization) Fear Me!
Mu La Flaga

Atfer doing one on the Mario games.
Do you guys plan to do one on Sonic as well?(the good, the bad, the meh)
Chris
Administrator

Mu La Flaga wrote:Atfer doing one on the Mario games.
Almost definitely not. Neither of us cares enough anymore about Sonic to bother, and we don't play the Sonic games anymore.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Mu La Flaga

Chris wrote:
Mu La Flaga wrote:Atfer doing one on the Mario games.
Almost definitely not. Neither of us cares enough anymore about Sonic to bother, and we don't play the Sonic games anymore.
Ok then was just an idea.
ZexMarquies01

I don't know if we can submit idea's for the slaying of the sacred cow segment, but I do have an idea.

In light of the recent news about Diablo 3 being required to be always online, and the auction house allowing you to buy and sell equipment with real money, there has been a wave of people screaming their heads off, saying they will boycott the game. But as we have seen many times over and over, none of these people end up actually boycotting these games that make them mad, instead they tend to be the ones posting pictures of the game and box on the day the game is released.

This is nothing more than most gamers wanting something to bitch at, and wanting to scream bloody murder, try to incite boycotts, yet still drop the cash for these games.

Ontop of that, these people complain about certain things in PC games such as specific types of DRM, and how they hate it, yet they are the first to buy the game. They don't realize that by not actually sticking by the boycott they so adamantly talk about, they are helping the publishers legitimize these practices that the gamers seem to hate.

Ontop of that, they complain about the new auction house in Diablo 3, talking about how it will destroy the game, and be unfair to those who don't have money. But none of these people seem to realize that they tend to be the ones that have had the unfair advantage for years....They have the advantage of TIME. They have the time to play these games and reach higher levels quickly, time to get the rare equipment drops. The people that work, or have families, or other social obligations are pushed back behind people who have the time to sit and play a game for 8 hours straight every day of the week.

Just an idea. We see this king of ranting every time a game comes out with even the slightest bit of DRM, even if the DRM makes complete sense. The info about Battlefield 3 had the exact same thing happen when people heard about the pre-order bonuses.

Oh, and I TOTALLY agree with other posters when it comes to talking about ReBOOT, and Gargoyles. Those two series are GREAT. And need more attention brought to them now that they are no longer airing.

I would also suggest Beast Wars. Awesome transformers show. I personally enjoyed Beast Wars more than most other transformers TV shows by far.