Ep. 067 - Tales of Byston Toilet

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
sakurangel

Re: Ep. 067 - Tales of Byston Toilet

damn you guys damns you... especially Chris for ignore my question !!!! :D :D :D just kidding, but just ignore my question because was for soul bro dont you? hahaha!!!! i will countinue posnting untill the day come!!!!
Yuri lowenthal- "Angel Lopez(sakurangel) you are the manliest man I ever meet"
Alexis Tipton- "angel is was nice meet you"
Kaioshin Sama

I called Xbox Live to cancel my subscription and they apparently wanted to keep me (or people in general) on so bad that they offered to cut the price of my subscription effectively in half to 39.99. I'm now paying less than I did before the price hike, which is a good enough deal for me since the overall service is good and I like the headset better than Bluetooth.

My guess is they realized they made a HUMONGOUS error in judgment to the benefit of Sony and are backpedaling in the opposite direction to try and keep customers. Microsoft can easily afford the publicity blunder by eating the cost though, hence the discount.

Guy was a shrewd dude. I've heard tales of them trying to keep people by suggesting that they don't want to get rid of their high gamerscore, but this guy was smart enough to know what to do (or his supervisors instructed him to because of the crisis) and where the issue is (probably handled hundreds of these calls today alone) and I kind of respect that from MS.

Of course should the bill come in and it's still $59.99 because of a "clerical error" there will be no force on earth that will keep me from canceling my renewal that very day.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

TakaTahuNuva wrote:First of all, a small correction for the ill-informed Neo - there are actually seven million people here in Israel. :P (and at least one mecha fan!)

On Garzey's Wing - I must've seen it three or four times by now, just because of the dub. It and Macross II are the only anime I've seen that have made my cry from laughter. It's that bad.

I do disagree on Wings of Rean, though. Yes, the plot made little sense, and it's really hard to keep up with what's going on. And the ending was meh, but those are the only problems I have with it. IMO it suffers from the "F91 Syndrome" - too much stuff going on, too little time. The same story should have been spread out to 12 episodes, I think.

Haven't listened to the Unicorn review since my copy hasn't arrived yet, so I'm avoiding spoilers for now.
I'll update my census information for Israel when I can.
Garzey's Wing and Macross II, I don't know, I'd still rather watch Macross II only because of Dennis.

I don't agree about Wings of Rean and F91. You can forgive F91 a little because it was a show condensed to a movie, while Wings was a 6 episode ONA. So the arguement of too little time for Wings, doesn't hold. It was just badly done and paced.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Mr Bushido

Spoiler
Kaioshin Sama wrote:I called Xbox Live to cancel my subscription and they apparently wanted to keep me (or people in general) on so bad that they offered to cut the price of my subscription effectively in half to 39.99. I'm now paying less than I did before the price hike, which is a good enough deal for me since the overall service is good and I like the headset better than Bluetooth.

My guess is they realized they made a HUMONGOUS error in judgment to the benefit of Sony and are backpedaling in the opposite direction to try and keep customers. Microsoft can easily afford the publicity blunder by eating the cost though, hence the discount.

Guy was a shrewd dude. I've heard tales of them trying to keep people by suggesting that they don't want to get rid of their high gamerscore, but this guy was smart enough to know what to do (or his supervisors instructed him to because of the crisis) and where the issue is (probably handled hundreds of these calls today alone) and I kind of respect that from MS.

Of course should the bill come in and it's still $59.99 because of a "clerical error" there will be no force on earth that will keep me from canceling my renewal that very day.
Something similar happened to me as well. I first used a credit card to pay for live the first time I got on and then used a prepaid 1 year card which ended up screwing up the billing for the credit card. God I swear people from Microsoft kept putting me on hold and kept transferring calls. It's ridiculous. Took me about a month before I got put on with some higher up I forgot the person's position but she said I would receive a new prepaid 1 year card... never got it. I hate Microsoft for this but considering the 3 games I have, Halo, MW, W@W, it's not really enough to make me swear off of xbox. I could afford another subscription but dear god I should not have to go through a month's worth of hold calls and transfers.
501st Legion - Northern California Golden Gate Garrison
TK-3942 aka TK-EXIA
So the Geara Zulu has an Stg-44 and the Jesta has a Scar-H w/ holographic scope.
Kaioshin Sama

I received the confirmation e-mail for my discount with the policy today for those curious.
Spoiler
Dear "Insert Name Here",

This mail is confirmation that you have successfully renewed your subscription to Gold – 33% off 12 Months. This renewal goes into effect on January 1, 2011. Here is a description of the service:

Buy a discounted 12-month Gold membership today for only $39.99 Plus Applicable Taxes! You may cancel at any time. For information about cancelling your membership, call 1-800-469-9269 or go to http://www.xbox.com/live/accounts. After 12 months, your membership will automatically continue and renew to an annual membership at the then current price (prices subject to change), unless you cancel before your membership period ends. As a Gold member, play games online with friends and enjoy Gold-only discounts. Instantly stream HD movies and TV shows from Netflix*, video chat with Video Kinect, or host an Xbox LIVE Party! Connect with friends and family through Facebook and Twitter - right from your TV. (*Coming Winter 2010; Netflix subscription required; in English only)

Did you know that with Xbox LIVE® Marketplace on the Web, you can now buy Microsoft Points, purchase games, download game demos, and rent videos directly on Xbox.com to use on your console? All you need is a Silver or Gold account, an Xbox 360 with Internet access and a storage device, and you're ready to get points, queue up game and video downloads to your Xbox 360 and more, all from the convenience of your PC. You can even renew your subscription and easily manage your account online. Just visit this site: http://marketplace.xbox.com. See you on Xbox LIVE!

Thank you for using Microsoft Online Services.

Xbox LIVE Team
It looks very much to me like the 33% discount thing is the general policy for people that call to cancel at this time. Take that as you will.
hotlimit

Chris wrote:
Mu La Flaga wrote:So is your theory that this Char is only Char more so in physical appearance then actual personnality?

Despite having his memories implanted in him?
If yes then that is an interesting point, I have kind of discussed that with my friend also.
Since for one thing he doesn't have any desire to drop asteroids on Earth and all just yet :P
Spoiler
It's not a "theory" because we know that he is definitely not Char Aznable/Casval Rem Deikun/Edward Mass. Even with the same personality, memories, voice and scar, he is still physically not Char, and that's what matters.
While he may not be the Char, can we at least say he's a Char?
Chris
Administrator

hotlimit wrote:While he may not be the Char, can we at least say he's a Char?
No. He's not the, a or any other article having to do with Char. That old Quattro, he is a Char joke has no meaning here. :)
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
TheGoose

Great show! I'm happy you guys got to talk more in depth about Wings of Rean and why you didn't like it.

One question I have is if you guys are really going to stop talking about any Evangelion related news in the Neo's News segment. I genuinely do enjoy hearing the latest news about it because I like the show and would be sad to see the news about it not being mentioned.
Quiddity

I finally got a chance to sit down and watch the Tales of Neo Byston Well OVA over this weekend and I must say, I enjoyed it! Its not one of the best things I've ever seen, but I found myself entertained throughout. I won't deny that expectations played a piece in my reaction; I came into it hearing nothing but bad things and expected it to suck big time, but overall I don't think it was bad at all. Aside from some filler in the middle, I thought it was an interesting and exciting anime. I guess the big question now is, is liking this going to get my expectations too high for the other 2 OVAs. :shock:
MAHQ Staff - Dunbine, L-Gaim, Escaflowne, Ideon, Gasaraki, The Big O, Overman King Gainer, Zambot 3 and FLCL
In my search for justice, I created war. In my search for war, I created death. In my search for death... I have lost my soul.
Chris
Administrator

Like we said in the episode, Neo Byston is the best of the Dunbine-related OVAs, but it's not perfect itself. It's got some nice looking aura battlers, but it's really just a 3-episode retread of the TV series that doesn't bring anything new to the table.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his