The Power Rangers/Super Sentai/Tokusatsu thread

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Sume Gai

Re: The Power Rangers/Super Sentai/Tokusatsu thread

Vent Noir wrote:Incidentally, Wasserman also composed the theme for the 90s X-Men cartoon.
Indeed he also performed a certain other song I'll bet we all recognize. (according to every bit info I've seen)
the movie version theme is rather good, who did that one?
according to wikipeadia it was:
"The Power Rangers Orchestra": a collaboration that featured credits of former Mr Big front man Eric Martin, guitarist Tim Pierce, former Pablo Cruise bass player John Pierce, singer-pianist Kim Bullard, and then Guns N' Roses drummer Matt Sorum.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Arbiter GUNDAM

Is there anywhere you can find the movie version of the MMPR theme?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Sume Gai

It's available through itunes (for 99 cents) and a ton of places on the web We probably shouldn't discuss.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Arbiter GUNDAM

I'd have to say that my favorite songs that Aaron Waters or Wasserman or whatever did where Fight! Combat! Go Green Ranger Go and White Ranger Tiger Power. Also there was a special techno remix of White Ranger that I think was only on this audio cassette.

--Freyja Wion
Mu La Flaga

Admittingly I can only remember some of the BGM pieces.
White Ranger Tiger Power was one I do remember, Green Ranger theme sort of do.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Even today I mostly like to imagine my hand to hand (and sometimes mecha-to-mecha) fight sequences set against rock music more often than an orchestral.

And just to show how much of a Power Rangers fanboy I still am, even 17 years later, my favorite colors are green and white because of Tommy. I even have a favorite number 'cause of that guy. Can you guess what it is? :mrgreen:

--Freyja Wion
Vent Noir

For those interested there's a new Power Rangers/Super Sentai podcast. Podcast Sentai Power Rangers
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Slyther2rao

First time on this thread, so I'll probably make clear where I stand. Honestly, I am a huuuge fan of both Power Rangers and Sentai. In fact I'm re-watching every episode of MMPR and Zeo! There aren't many seasons I don't like. For that matter I pretty much enjoyed the whole Saban era including those past In Space. I did enjoy most of Ninja Storm, though I haven't seen the whole thing. DT was pretty cool and SPD seems good to me. The only ones I don't really like are Mystic Force and OO which seem well....not as good as the others. Poor imo, though MF does have good points (still need to see the whole thing). I did enjoy JF much more than previous seasons in disney era and Loved RPM.

As for Samurai? Awesome!

My favorite Sentai's are (based on the ones I've seen in full so far):

Dairanger
Timeranger
Liveman
Goranger
Jetman
Gekiranger
Shinkenger
Kakuranger
Zyuranger
Maskman
Dekaranger
Battle Fever J

As for my favorite Kamen Rider shows? Well, I don't have one I dislike. Yes surprise surprise, to me there is no Showa or Heisei, there is only Kamen Rider (well the only one I dislike is Shin)

So glad to find a toku thread. Here's hoping I encounter some open minded fans who aren't as rabid as others and needlessly bash some shows for no good reason. Glad to be here!
Slyther2rao

I'm curious to know what people think about the vitriol of the Showa/Heisei split that has divide Kamen Rider fans the world over?
Mu La Flaga

Vent Noir wrote:For those interested there's a new Power Rangers/Super Sentai podcast. Podcast Sentai Power Rangers
Gave it a listen was alright.
Need a little more discussion of the older series, just my opinion.
kuhan

Mu La Flaga wrote:
Vent Noir wrote:For those interested there's a new Power Rangers/Super Sentai podcast. Podcast Sentai Power Rangers
Hi there, I'm Kuhan, the host of the show. I just thought I'd let you know that our intention isn't really to cover the old stuff, but rather the new stuff that's coming out now. However, in our next episode coming out in a week, we plan on discussing some of the older stuff as well, as there's no new episode of Power Rangers that week. If you have questions, comments, or suggestions, we'd love to hear them at [email protected]
Mu La Flaga

kuhan wrote:
Mu La Flaga wrote:
Hi there, I'm Kuhan, the host of the show. I just thought I'd let you know that our intention isn't really to cover the old stuff, but rather the new stuff that's coming out now. However, in our next episode coming out in a week, we plan on discussing some of the older stuff as well, as there's no new episode of Power Rangers that week. If you have questions, comments, or suggestions, we'd love to hear them at [email protected]
Well just to say in response in all fairness I only reall watched Power Rangers in full series up until Lost Galaxy.
So beyond that I only caught occassional episodes.
Nothing against the new series, that and also keeping is harder then it sort of used to be, well for me at least.

Just to say on that. :)

Also on a different note and something to add in an edit.
For an alternate ending of the Thunderzords vs Rito.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2tT8KmlI7c

This is one someone made with some various clips, most interesting.
kuhan

Mu La Flaga wrote: Well just to say in response in all fairness I only reall watched Power Rangers in full series up until Lost Galaxy.
So beyond that I only caught occassional episodes.
Nothing against the new series, that and also keeping is harder then it sort of used to be, well for me at least.

Just to say on that. :)
Interestingly enough, so did we! This show is our return to Power Rangers. (Though we did watch some of Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder because Tommy returned in DT).

Though we did have plenty of discussion of the earlier series on our latest episode, which you can check out over at http://dft.ba/-PSPR0004

btw, our official site (at least for the time being) is at http://pspr.iamkuhan.com/

and you can subscribe via iTunes at http://dft.ba/-PSPRsub or on your reader of choice at http://dft.ba/-PSPrss

P.S. We do really love the old series as well and we'd love to talk about them as much as possible, but we've gotta strike what's hot, right? ;)
Mu La Flaga

Very true and I know why.
But maybe it's just me I miss some of the good old days in a sense.

Just my opinion.

Also what happened to everyone else replying in here lately? :P
Bonesy!

i really like kamen rider kiva but I haven't gotten to the parts that people seem to hate about the show
Raiden

Kiva was actually rather boring for me in the first 15 eps. It wasn't till when he got Emperor Form that it became interesting imo. But the ED themes were certainly one of the best themes ever. Especially Supernova :D

Regarding Gokaiger,
Spoiler
im really glad Toei made Shinkenger's tribute a 2 parter. Much more satisfying and justifies why its ranked #1 of the Heisei Sentai's. And ShinkenGokaiOh is just epic :D. And it was nice to see they gave Zyu some love even though they got their butts handed to them in the first part.
Vent Noir

Just watched the Shinkenger episodes of Gokaiger (11-12) and enjoyed them. Anyone else think that
Spoiler
Joe's old buddy will get turned good and become the team's sixth ranger?
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Bonesy!

Spoiler
Eh, they'll probably go the route of Birth from OOO and introduce someone new entirely to be the sixth.
Can't wait, though.

I've watched both subbed eps of Timeranger these last two or so months, it's pretty good so far.
Vent Noir

Seen the CarRanger episode of Gokaiger, which is pure LOL. Looks like the sixth ranger's getting introduced next ep.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

Sume Gai

Anyone with a netflix account! All of Power Rangers, short of samurai, Is now availible for instant streaming. This marks the first time that every single episode of power rangers has been made available legally in the US. Perhaps a sign that Saban might actually put out seasonal DVD sets?