Any NHL fans on here? Thoughts on the 2011 Playoffs?

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
TetraVaal

Re: Any NHL fans on here? Thoughts on the 2011 Playoffs?

Bruin win 1 - 0 tonight to advance to the Stanley Cup Final and face the Canucks. That's going to be a very interesting series and I'm looking forward to watching each game. I wouldn't be overly upset if the Bruins win, but I'm hoping for the Canucks to win in a seven game series.
Mark064

I would be looking forward to watching the series... but the NHL continues to suck as every game is a 5 pm local start time and I get off work at 5 pm. So I get to miss around half of every game. -_- Oh minus the single weekend game...
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
Quiddity

Ecstatic to see the Bruins get to the finals, hopefully they pull it off! Have never seen this team be successful my entire life so it couldn't be a better time to be a Bruins fan right now.
MAHQ Staff - Dunbine, L-Gaim, Escaflowne, Ideon, Gasaraki, The Big O, Overman King Gainer, Zambot 3 and FLCL
In my search for justice, I created war. In my search for war, I created death. In my search for death... I have lost my soul.
Wingnut

Quiddity wrote:Ecstatic to see the Bruins get to the finals, hopefully they pull it off! Have never seen this team be successful my entire life so it couldn't be a better time to be a Bruins fan right now.
I imagine it must be. Love that Dunkin Donuts ad in front of the Boston bench BTW.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Wingnut

Vancouver now has a 2-0 lead over Boston. This is not looking good.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Mark064

This is looking damn awesome! This is what I wanted to see! Though I would like to see Boston win one game, so they can win the cup in Vancouver. The crowds are going to go crazy! I went down yesterday for game 2 to watch it outside but the crowds were massive and to see anything outside you'd have to go 2-3 hours early. So I just ended up heading back to my place to watch the game at the end of first period. And from what I heard people will still celebrating until at least 2:30 am downtown, not bad considering the game ended around 8. But hey Burrows got an awesome OT goal! So it's all good!
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
Wedge14

Best game of the playoffs in my opinion wow!! Timmy Tom with the big hit made my day!

EDIT: 2:2 looks like we got a series now. I gotta say when bruins decide they're gonna win they really blow the doors off!

Maaaaan i love marchands move here!! So greasy! and awesome! So much swagger!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIZkaVeUMmQ
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Wingnut

Game 7 it will come down to again this year. Tomorrow at 8pm eastern on NBC from Vancouver. Place your bets.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Wedge14

Wow, i'm at a loss of words about that riot! :shock: I hope mark didn't get caught up in that mess, and if he did i hope he atleast scored a new tv or something.

I don't think the cup has ever been as high as it was last night when chara was holding it over his head and yelling "YAY". Everyone knew thomas was going to win the smythe, no surprise there. Congratz to boston! Poor Canucks!
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Wingnut

Yeah, they really flipped their wig in Vancouver. I know hockey is the national sport in Canada, but there's no need to go setting crap on fire over a loss like this.
Wedge14 wrote:Everyone knew thomas was going to win the smythe, no surprise there.
I think they would have given it to him even if Boston had lost game 7 IMO. He was that much of a cornerstone to Boston's efforts in the finals.

For those not as familiar with hockey as Wedge and I am, the smythe mentioned is the Conn Smythe Trophy which is awarded at the end of the Stanley Cup finals to the MVP of the playoffs.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Mark064

While I did go downtown for the game, that just proved to be an experience to know what it's like to be crushed by people on all sides. I ended up leaving around halfway through the third period to beat the rush on the Skytrain. Didn't hear about the rioting till I was nearly home and I'm happy I got out when I did. Jerks ruining the city. =/