Fate of the GP-00 and its pilot?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
toysdream

Re: Fate of the GP-00 and its pilot?

As I understand it, Adam's GM is destroyed, but he survives unhurt. Nonetheless, I don't think he ever shows up again; in Green Divers and Ecole, it's just Jack, who seems to get thrashed an awful lot. :-)

-- Mark
AmuroNT1

Ah, my bad. I misread the Geoxile's post and thought he was saying Jack died, not Adam.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
fahentai

Kuruni wrote:Nope, Minovsky reactor only explode when hitted by beam attack. Punture it with solid object won't cause chain reaction and the leak-out particle is harmless (this is whole idea behind Crossbone Vauguard's shot lancer). So, even if it got destroyed by crashed with spaceship, it still don't cause "nuclear fireball".
Sorry, but I have to say that you are wrong.
That sutuation only happens in the forth generation MS, like F90, F91.That's because their reactors use the very nuclear fuel that is almost close to fusion(Based on page P122, Encyclopaedia,2007) which makes the reactor become a nuclear bomb. However, if it is normal Minovsky reactor, it will not be like this. (Based on Roaming AE). My persional understanding is that the energy of beam is far way from start normal nuclear fusion based on the date of out put of beam weapon. Even if you break the wall of reactor, the fusion is already be stopped. In this case, the explosion will not be really serious (based on the out put data of those reactors, even you add the power of thrusts in since the MS use nuclear roket to boost,it is still not too much)
Last edited by fahentai on Thu May 19, 2011 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for my fuxked up English...But I am just an international student in Au from China. If my words makes you guys confused, let me know.I will explain it.
fahentai

Sorry, wrong operated....Can webmaster help me to delete it? I did not found the way to do this
Sorry for my fuxked up English...But I am just an international student in Au from China. If my words makes you guys confused, let me know.I will explain it.
Kuruni

Except it did, as demonstrated by Amuro in his first battle. Hitting Minovsky reactor with beam will cause chain reaction.
My girlfriend was a loli.
toysdream

"Based on page P122, Encyclopaedia,2007"? Could you be a little more specific?

It's been widely claimed in the Japanese sources that the miniature mobile suits in F91 and V Gundam use reactor fuel that's been "pre-doped" with Minovsky particles, so it packs more punch and creates a bigger explosion. (Thus the use of damaged mobile suits as makeshift tactical nukes in both stories.) But mobile suit reactors have always tended to blow up when they get hit with beam weapons, and as Kuruni notes, this was established in the first episode of the original Gundam series.

If you're going to argue otherwise, I think you'll need slightly more convincing sourcing. What's "Roaming AE"?

-- Mark
fahentai

toysdream wrote:"Based on page P122, Encyclopaedia,2007"? Could you be a little more specific?

It's been widely claimed in the Japanese sources that the miniature mobile suits in F91 and V Gundam use reactor fuel that's been "pre-doped" with Minovsky particles, so it packs more punch and creates a bigger explosion. (Thus the use of damaged mobile suits as makeshift tactical nukes in both stories.) But mobile suit reactors have always tended to blow up when they get hit with beam weapons, and as Kuruni notes, this was established in the first episode of the original Gundam series.

If you're going to argue otherwise, I think you'll need slightly more convincing sourcing. What's "Roaming AE"?

-- Mark
Well, the Roaming AE is called Roming Anaheim. I just get the name from the Chinese version of the book... Therefore, I am doult if it has another English name or not. And in the same book, it indicates that 08MS team is possible a dram on UC 90S.
Also, that thing....I mean, the " Encyclopaedia", it is called "The Encyclopaedia of Gundam", and this one is compeletly in Japanese.
Btw, what I want to say is that the normal reactors is hitten by beam, though it will be blowed up but the chain reaction will be stopped. It is just a little bit left over which can not cause serious explosion.
PS: I do not know the rule of MAHQ, but can you tell me which one takes priority: the describion of those book or animation in the case they have conflict? Because in Chinses Gundam forum, the books always takes priority.
toysdream

fahentai wrote:Well, the Roaming AE is called Roming Anaheim. I just get the name from the Chinese version of the book... Therefore, I am doult if it has another English name or not. And in the same book, it indicates that 08MS team is possible a dram on UC 90S.
Is there a Japanese equivalent?
Also, that thing....I mean, the " Encyclopaedia", it is called "The Encyclopaedia of Gundam", and this one is compeletly in Japanese.
Btw, what I want to say is that the normal reactors is hitten by beam, though it will be blowed up but the chain reaction will be stopped. It is just a little bit left over which can not cause serious explosion.
Encyclopedia of Gundam - that makes sense. I should have checked that first. :-)

According to the writeup in Encyclopedia of Gundam, "With old type reactors, even if the reactor core were destroyed, it would create nothing more than an expansion explosion. But with the new type, in the worst case, it created the risk of a nuclear explosion."

Which sounds reasonable enough, given the bigger scale of the explosions in F91 and V Gundam. But even in F91, we're told (by books like Encyclopedia of Gundam) that the Crossbone Vanguard developed the shot lancer specifically because it wouldn't create reactor explosions. As Kuruni already mentioned in the post you disagreed with above.

The precise conditions which make mobile suit reactors more or less likely to blow up are tricky to pin down, and the published sources are pretty vague about it, so I think you're right to question the theory that beam weapons are to blame. I'll do some research on that and see if I can find some better published sourcing for it. But clearly there's something about the shot lancer that makes such explosions less likely.
PS: I do not know the rule of MAHQ, but can you tell me which one takes priority: the describion of those book or animation in the case they have conflict? Because in Chinses Gundam forum, the books always takes priority.
I don't think there's a forum rule for that. Sunrise claims that "only the filmed works are official," but they're pretty bad about following that rule, so I don't think we can expect better from online fans. :-)

On the other hand, the published sources contradict each other all the time, and some of them are pretty crummy. So in a lot of cases, I think it comes down to which source seems more convincing, and it helps to be able to track stuff down to specific sources because they don't always agree with each other.

-- Mark
fahentai

toysdream wrote:
fahentai wrote:Well, the Roaming AE is called Roming Anaheim. I just get the name from the Chinese version of the book... Therefore, I am doult if it has another English name or not. And in the same book, it indicates that 08MS team is possible a dram on UC 90S.
Is there a Japanese equivalent?
Encyclopedia of Gundam - that makes sense. I should have checked that first. :-)

According to the writeup in Encyclopedia of Gundam, "With old type reactors, even if the reactor core were destroyed, it would create nothing more than an expansion explosion. But with the new type, in the worst case, it created the risk of a nuclear explosion."

Which sounds reasonable enough, given the bigger scale of the explosions in F91 and V Gundam. But even in F91, we're told (by books like Encyclopedia of Gundam) that the Crossbone Vanguard developed the shot lancer specifically because it wouldn't create reactor explosions. As Kuruni already mentioned in the post you disagreed with above.

The precise conditions which make mobile suit reactors more or less likely to blow up are tricky to pin down, and the published sources are pretty vague about it, so I think you're right to question the theory that beam weapons are to blame. I'll do some research on that and see if I can find some better published sourcing for it. But clearly there's something about the shot lancer that makes such explosions less likely.
I don't think there's a forum rule for that. Sunrise claims that "only the filmed works are official," but they're pretty bad about following that rule, so I don't think we can expect better from online fans. :-)

On the other hand, the published sources contradict each other all the time, and some of them are pretty crummy. So in a lot of cases, I think it comes down to which source seems more convincing, and it helps to be able to track stuff down to specific sources because they don't always agree with each other.

-- Mark
1. About Roaming AE. Yes, I have seen its original Japanese Version scan on some Chinese website. This book is really different with any other gundam book---- It is looks like a magazine that be published on UC 0099.

2. I get that.... It looks like the sutuation in China is a little bit different. Because in those Chinese gundam forum, we usually consider those books has much more weight than animation itself, and also, any data and information that comes from the gundam games are not consider as an evidence if you want to prove something.

3.About the reactors' explosion.
"With old type reactors, even if the reactor core were destroyed, it would create nothing more than an expansion explosion. But with the new type, in the worst case, it created the risk of a nuclear explosion."
That is what I want to say. But there is one thing that I want to highlight.-------The normal reactors, if it exploses, it is not a nuclear explosion. It is just some left over of the periview reaction. In another word, it is just like the engine is blowed up when it is working. The power of explosion comes from the gas in the cylinder but not the gas tank. However, for those reactors that been used on the 4th generation MS(sorry for use this, but due to my poor English, I do not know how to explain this "smaller size" MS in a proper way, can you please tell me that word?), if you use beam to attack the "engine", then the "tank" will be blowed up. Of course, since the "fuel" is the nuclear stuff, it leads to a nuclear explosion.
And also, I personally guess there is another way to prove this. The key point is still the "beam".
we know that in the world of universe centry, those Minovsky reactors are all nuclear fusion reactors. In the real word, the most difficult question for using nuclear fusion power is because nulcear fusion's requirementis really extrem. Those fusion bomb need to be start by a small fission bomb, and just becase of that, those attemtion to use nuclear fusion power in peace way, for example, tokamak device, can not out put power. In the world of UC, Minovsky reactors use minovsky particle as a catalyzer to reduce the requirment. As long as the shell of the reactor is broken, the reaction is stopped. Without this catalyzer, which is Minovsky particle, the power of those beam can not start fusion action since the engergy that the beam has seems to be too weak (RX-78-2 GUNDAM's beam rife only has 1.5MW apporix power rate) to do this. However, for those new reactors, since its fuel has already has much energy that close to fusion, it is possible to belive that in the case of hitten by beam, the nuclear explosion happens
Kuruni

Neither do I said it will cause nuclear explosion (actually, I said the reactor won't explode with solid attack), the only person claim that is Geoxile, and I'm pretty sure he was just exaggerate.
My girlfriend was a loli.
MS-05DS

fahentai wrote: 1. About Roaming AE. Yes, I have seen its original Japanese Version scan on some Chinese website. This book is really different with any other gundam book---- It is looks like a magazine that be published on UC 0099.
could it be Anaheim Journal that you're talking about? it disguised as a monthly magazine published by Anaheim Electronics in UC0100 for celebrating their work in UC0083-0099.
"POWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" -Jeremy Clarkson
Enileph

Anaheim Journal... that is probably what he is talking about. Also, in one of the older DHM issues where they showcase some custom models, it is indeed mentioned that GP-00 is destroyed in a space battle by ranged non-beam weapon, although little detail is given.