2011 MLB season...

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
TetraVaal

2011 MLB season...

it appears I struck gold with the NHL thread, but are there any baseball fans on here? I'm pretty much a sports fanatic all around, so I love the NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA, MLS, and pretty much everything else. I'm a big time Cleveland Indians fan and I'm still waiting for myself to wake up from this dream where their record is currently 21 - 9, which is tied for the best record in the majors. To put that into perspective, they're second to last in payroll (only the Rays are lower) and they feature the youngest active roster in the American League and have the second youngest active roster in the entire majors, with only the Florida Marlins being younger. My current favorite player is Michael Brantley, who I'm hoping will become the protoypical lead-off hitter that the Indians haven't had since the 90s and early 2000s with Kenny Lofton. I've been real impressed with Brantley's play so far, he's battling .308 and has an OBP of .390, which is in the top 10 of the entire league. I'd like to see him steal more, as he's really fast and has well above average athleticism, but I think that will come with getting better at reading pitchers. His defense has been very solid so far and I couldn't ask for a better start from him. Hell, I couldn't have asked for a better start for the Insians as a whole.

I don't know if they'll be able to maintain this throughout the season, they may just be peaking early. I mean, it's really hard to go from 25 games under .500 last season to winning their division this season... I don't think a differential like that has ever happened in the MLB. But hey, I'm gonna keep enjoying this as long as it lasts. I'll tell you one thing, this team sure as hell has been fun to watch. The pitching is stellar (I knew this bullpen would be solid, but their starting pitching has been a pleasant surprise). I would like to see Carmona be more consistent, but Masterson and Tomlin have been lights out. Hopefully they can maintain this pace all season.
Fritz Ashlyn

Re: 2011 MLB season...

I'm an Atlanta Braves fan and we're off to a masterful start of drunk driving and homosexual slurs/bat brandishing.

But we beat the Phillies today, so I'm happy.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Wingnut

I is a happy camper. Almost a perfect game too if he didn't walk that one guy.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
TetraVaal

I hate the Tigers.

As for the Tribe, they dropped a tough one last night and now they have to face Haren tonight. Ugh.
TetraVaal

I'm starting to think this year's Cleveland Indians are last year's Cincinnati Reds. The amount of come from behind victories this early in the season is incredible. Their last 5 wins have come in their last at-bat, including tonight. This is amazing. :D
Wingnut

Meanwhile Verlander picks up where he left off in Toronto and keeps KC hitless through 5 2/3 innings while shutting them down for the rest of the game save the 9th where Valverde came in and did his usual thing. This puts the Tigers on a 6 game win streak.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
TetraVaal

Verlander is an absolute stud. Scherzer is also off to one hell of a start for the Tigers, too.

It would be nice if the Indians and Mariners could get this game in today, but there seems to be an endless amount of rain delays.
Wingnut

Hey, TetraVall. Perhaps you should introduce your Indians to a little concept known as "Mercy Killing". They stop little league games after a 10 run lead for a reason.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
TetraVaal

Right.

Last night was incredible, as was tonight. The Tribe have won three in a row and sit 13 games above .500 and have a 5 game lead over the Tigers. It's unbelievable how the Indians have maintained this start, considering they're one of the youngest teams in all of MLB.
Dave

GO Brewers ! :oops:
あなたの父親と母親elderberriesハムスターのにおいがした.
TetraVaal

Indians were down 4 - 0 in the 6th, they rally to tie, then some rookie (Ezequiel Carrera) comes in during the bottom of the 8th and with two outs and a runner on third, he lays down a drag bunt to put the Indians up 5 - 4 and win the game. I seriously don't know how they keep doing this, but I think it's time to dub them the WINdians. 8)
Wingnut

It seems to be either feast or famine for my Tigers this year as we drop back to .500 with a 10-1 loss to the Pirates. Let's hope they rebound quickly as I'm actually going to the Tigers game on Tuesday and I want them to win.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
TetraVaal

Indians were down 1 - 0 going into the bottom of the 7th, but Travis Buck hit a two-run homer in the bottom of the 7th and the Indians once again, came back to win the game. I really can't comprehend how they're doing this. It's a pleasant surprise for sure, but I just can't believe that they keep coming back and winning games like this. It's incredible.
TetraVaal

Indians jumped on the Reds early today and ended up winning 12 - 4. Asdrubal Cabrera had a career game, going 5 for 5, hitting two homers, and driving in 5. It was awesome to see them sweep the battle of Ohio and hopefully they can keep this momentum going, heading into tomorrow night's ESPN televised game against the BoSox.
TetraVaal

And once again, the Indians were down 2 - 1 in the bottom of the 8th against the BoSox and my boy Michael Brantley comes through in the cluth, with two outs and sitting on two strikes, he blasts a single into right field to drive in the tying run. And then Asdrubal Cabrera, whose the hottest hitting player in baseball right now, doubles in the go ahead run. Then Chris Perez comes into the top of the 9th and gets Carl Crawford to ground into a game ending double play. What a comeback. What a game.

The Indians are now 19 - 4 at home and more importantly, are now 30 - 15 on the year. Amazing.
Wingnut

The Red Sox beat your injuns, and in spite of Verlander having an off night, the Tigers prevail thanks to repeated use of the long ball and a critical pair from Alex Avila.
Cold breeze aside, it was a very enjoyable game to be at.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
TetraVaal

Yeah, the Sox were due for a win against the Indians (the Tribe aren't going to win em' all). Never the less, I'm still happy with this start and I'm looking forward to tomorrow afternoon's game.
TetraVaal

Indians are getting destroyed 14 - 0 today... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU... all I can do is hope that they bounce back with the day off tomorrow and beat Tampa when they travel down there. Ah well, just one of those games that you try to forget by tomorrow. Not to make excuses, but it was Talbot's first start coming off the 60 day DL, so it doesn't surprise me that a beatdown like this occurred.
Wingnut

The Indians also got destroyed by the Rangers in their last series. Combined with wins over Chicago the past couple days by my Tigers, the AL central is now much closer than it was a week ago.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
TetraVaal

Indians have lost 5 straight and like a bajillion out of their last bajillion games. Nah, but in all seriousness, they're struggling pretty bad right now. On the bright side, they're still 8 games over .500 and in first place, even if that number has shrunk (it's going to fluctuate all year, so I'm not worried). All I can do as a fan is keep hoping they'll push through. They need to get Hafner back. They have NO hitting from the 4 through 9 spots in their lineup.