2nd Super Robot Wars OG

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Wingnut

2nd Super Robot Wars OG

It may just be happening if this image is legit. Major big stuff going down here including
Spoiler
Ryujinki, Alterlion, Ariel Org and the Flickerei Geist from Real Robot Regiment, and the Gespenst Kai varients from A.C.E. Portable.
Last edited by Wingnut on Thu May 19, 2011 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Mark064

Re: SRW OG3 Confirmed?

Yeah it's real, there are a few more scans out there too showing that SRW D and to the surprise of no one SRW MX. Except it's not called OG3 but instead Super Robot Wars OG2. Yup they've dropped the Original Generation part from the title and shortened it to OG. In other words it's the sequel to the PS2 version which was called Super Robot Wars OG Original Generation. Have fun with the naming of that everyone. :D
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
AmuroNT1

Actually, it's called 2nd Super Robot Wars OG, while the one for GBA was OG2.

Also in this game is Joshua Radcliff and the Aile Chevalier from SRWD.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Mark064

Oh yeah I know but everyone calls the SRW games wrong in the first place. Like how everyone calls it Super Robot Wars Alpha 2 instead of 2nd Super Robot Wars Alpha. It's been like that for every numbered SRW game.
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
Kuruni

Also Ing Egret...the last machinary soldier who got passing mentioned in OG2.
My girlfriend was a loli.
yazi88

Kuruni wrote:Also Ing Egret...the last machinary soldier who got passing mentioned in OG2.
Also from a side story manga in Alpha 2 if I remember correctly. He woke up in a MKII Huckbein MP and was attacked by freaking Great Mazinger, Mazinkaiser and Shin Getter Robo and that was just chapter 1. Don't know what else happened after that.

Katina and Russel are confirmed to have finally upgraded their crappy old MP Gespensts into modern A.C.E style units.
AmuroNT1

Ing apparently gets the Exbein from OG The Inspector. I'm not sure if ACE:P's generic pilots will show up since their machines go to Katina and Co. Also, the Excellence Gunner has been confirmed.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Kuruni

Well, idea behind MP Gespenst Mk.II Kai was to upgrade remaining MP Gespenst Mk.II (like how GM II become GM III). So it's make sense that those oldies on Hiryu will be upgraded now.
hitokirigarou

RUMORS:
- Raioh starts out as Jinrai, its original form.
- Wildraubtier is upgraded to Wildraubtier Schnabel.

CONFIRMED:
- Aile Chevalier is in.
Mu La Flaga

AmuroNT1 wrote:Actually, it's called 2nd Super Robot Wars OG, while the one for GBA was OG2.

Also in this game is Joshua Radcliff and the Aile Chevalier from SRWD.
Confusing title aint it? :P

Anyway I'm very curious to see how this turns out.
Even though I don't have a PS3 for the life of me damnit all!

And Ing in the OG universe seemed like something they should have done after OG2 and the Machinery Children storyline along the with the School stuff and all.
Wingnut

The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
AmuroNT1

Here's the full Famitsu article: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201105/19043749.html

God, but those sprites are beautiful. The backgrounds bear more than a little resemblance to SRW64's.
hitokirigarou wrote:RUMORS:
- Raioh starts out as Jinrai, its original form.
- Wildraubtier is upgraded to Wildraubtier Schnabel.
These are both confirmed, as is the fact that Jinrai has the S-ZLAI, or Sanger Zombolt Learning A.I.

Dark Duel

:shock: What's the deal with that Exbein? It has a pretty awesome-looking shield, but those red bits tacked on look weird IMO. Pulls off the cape pretty well though.
The Raubtier Schnabel looks badass, as do Katina's Russell's and Kai's(?) upgraded Gespensts. Also, Jinrai v. Aussenseiter, in one of those pics? Looks pretty interesting. Speaking of interesting, looks like Irm's Type-1 gets an upgrade too, which is pretty sweet-looking.

Pity this game'll probably never get imported to the US. :cry:

Anyway, I hate to ask what's probably a stupid question(or two), but What is that? It looks pretty awesome, though I'm not keen on the mismatched colors of the upper and lower halves. I also note with some interest that it sports a Revolving Stake on its right arm.
Also, who's this?
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
angelwingzero

Dark Duel wrote::shock: What's the deal with that Exbein? It has a pretty awesome-looking shield, but those red bits tacked on look weird IMO. Pulls off the cape pretty well though.
The Raubtier Schnabel looks badass, as do Katina's Russell's and Kai's(?) upgraded Gespensts. Also, Jinrai v. Aussenseiter, in one of those pics? Looks pretty interesting. Speaking of interesting, looks like Irm's Type-1 gets an upgrade too, which is pretty sweet-looking.

Pity this game'll probably never get imported to the US. :cry:

Anyway, I hate to ask what's probably a stupid question(or two), but What is that? It looks pretty awesome, though I'm not keen on the mismatched colors of the upper and lower halves. I also note with some interest that it sports a Revolving Stake on its right arm.
Also, who's this?
That's Ariel Org and the Flickerei Geist from Banpresto’s PS2 game Real Robot Regiment. Plus that's not the Exbein but the Ash. Dunno if it has any machine cells because a machine cell infected Huckbein is the Bergelmir.

It also seems that the individual Ryooki and Koohki units are confirmed, and the Ryukooh by extension if they're following the Alpha 2nd story. Rein Weissritter (duh) and the Cybuster (YES!) are also confirmed. http://www.famitsu.com/news/201105/imag ... A7K3o.html
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
AmuroNT1

Dark Duel wrote::shock: What's the deal with that Exbein? It has a pretty awesome-looking shield, but those red bits tacked on look weird IMO. Pulls off the cape pretty well though.
The Exbein in this game is standing in for the Huckebein used by Ing in the Alpha 2 side manga, hence all the modifications.

DuelGundam2099

Any of you think the main site will have a mech section for this after it comes out? :P Also, is Jinrai the one that the main site called Lioh?
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/srw/alpha3/dgg-xam3.htm
The Raubtier Schnabel
The what? And isn't it EX Huckebein?
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201105/19043749.html

IT'S HERE!!!!!! Too bad it's not a full jump to 3rd @'s story though. (no Banpreios :() They're making us wait for that baby. >.>

But......WE GET THE ALTERION!!! :D The Astelion's big, gawky shoulds just didn't work for me. Plus this hopefully means we get the Hyperion in 2nd OG. I love that baby :D

Well it's about time we get lose those old crappy Gespent Mk. II's that I always dump for the better mechs in OGs 1 and 2. They're a nice design, but useless in the actual gameplay. And Irm also gets an upgrade to his old Grungust that he's been using since OG1.

As pointed out above, yep, the new Wildrapter (glad to see it get an upgrade instead of getting phased out) gets a Harute Gundam form. ^^b

CERBERUS!!!! HELL ******* YES!!!!! I loved that baby in MX! :D (MX's super-type original mech was kinda meh to me)

Well, somewhere between one and seven months 'til it comes out. (more likely a bit closer to the longer end, of course)
DeltasTaii

Astelion was old and busted anyways, it's all about Astelion AX. I was really hoping it would show up in this game before Altairlion, but that looks unlikely.
Dark Duel

angelwingzero wrote:That's Ariel Org and the Flickerei Geist from Banpresto’s PS2 game Real Robot Regiment.
Thanks. My immediate impression of that machine was of some cross between an AshSaber on steroids and the AltEisen, so I was a little curious.
Other than its odd colors, I like it.
I actually did a little poking around srwog.velv.net, and not surprisingly it mentions that the Flickerei Geist is actually based on the Gespenst MkIII/Alt Eisen, and it has the Rapiecage's U.U.N. attack.
But from what the site says about its pilot, I'm very curious to see how she and Lamia would get along :P
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Kuruni

It's interesting that Kai's Gespenst is in N type rather than G type like in was in OG Gaiden.

Make me wonder if they're interchagable like Striker Packs?