The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread Mk 1

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
J-Lead

The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread Mk 1

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/05/n ... -fall.html

So yeah, there's some news of a new Gundam animu this fall, like what was supposed to be announced in March or whatever. We got a tentative date and a piece of blackened, mysterious lineart so far.

Dunno if you wanna make an official thread for this until it actually gets announced, but there it is.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Deacon Blues

Re: New Gundam Series this Fall, announcement in June

Japanese net chatter speculates that it's a new television series, but for all intensive purposes it's probably going to be a new manga series that's starting serialization.
TetraVaal

Judging from the shoulder outlines, looks similar to GN drives... let's hope there's none of that ridiculousness in this series, if it does turn out to be a new series.
Mu La Flaga

That shadow actually remminds me alot of the Huckebein MK3 with the G-Sword armor bit.
So, be curious to see what this is anyway.
Dark Duel

All I can say is that that is an absurdly bulky silhouette.
Oh well *shrugs*
We'll see in a month or so exactly what this is and what format it'll follow.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
reeoyuy

With the way it's associated with CoroCoro comics, it's probably not the "proper" Gundam series like we want. CoroCoro is aimed for kids, that magazine is popular for something like B-Daman, Beyblade, etc. Maybe something similar in spirit with Gunpla Builder? If it's a proper mainstream Gundam, they should've announced it in Gundam Ace instead.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Maybe it has something to do with, crap what are they called... Gunpla Builders Beginning J and H?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
kayone73

The folks at the Gunam Eclipse forums are going crazy overanalyzing that bulky silhouette. I can't be bothered to express much of an opinion til more info comes.

How often has overdetailed fan speculation this early has led to complete nonsense?
Black Knight

kayone73 wrote:How often has overdetailed fan speculation this early has led to complete nonsense?
About as often as named aces curb-stomp faceless mooks.
Arbiter GUNDAM

kayone73 wrote:
How often has overdetailed fan speculation this early has led to complete nonsense?
Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

--Freyja Wion
prince_of_zeon

TetraVaal wrote:Advance of Zeta?
That's what I thought when I saw it too--those knees scream Hazel. And in a perfect world, that would be awesome. But I highly doubt they're going to follow up Unicorn with another UC series, despite its popularity.

And yeah, the design is a little bulky by my preferences, but again, let's just wait and see what they do. If it's a show, I'm gonna watch it regardless, so it really doesn't matter.
Twat me: http://twitter.com/#!/Podsyboy

Subscribe/comment me: http://www.youtube.com/user/AlphaAeizeru

Did Fats Goodman really die at the end of "Fats' Counterattack?"
angelwingzero

Pretty sure this is a manga cause the image says Coro Coro x Gundam project.
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
2NA Fish

There's a bit of buzz going around the Japanese fans too, since gundam.info put up a poll recently on "What are your hopes for the next Gundam series?"

Results here for anyone interested.
http://www.gundam.info/content/628

CE - 35.17%
UC - 33.47%
Something completely new 16.05%
AD - 4.17%
Hot chicks - 3.09%
AW - 3.08%
AC - 3.02%
FC - 1.12%
3D CGI - 0.84%

They seem to be building hype for something. Personally, I don't mind the setting so much anymore. I just hope it's good.
Mu La Flaga

2NA Fish wrote:There's a bit of buzz going around the Japanese fans too, since gundam.info put up a poll recently on "What are your hopes for the next Gundam series?"

Results here for anyone interested.
http://www.gundam.info/content/628

CE - 35.17%
UC - 33.47%
Something completely new 16.05%
AD - 4.17%
Hot chicks - 3.09%
AW - 3.08%
AC - 3.02%
FC - 1.12%
3D CGI - 0.84%

They seem to be building hype for something. Personally, I don't mind the setting so much anymore. I just hope it's good.
That is rather interesting poll if that is what opinions currently lean towards among the Japanese fanbase.
Chris
Administrator

Mu La Flaga wrote:That is rather interesting poll if that is what opinions currently lean towards among the Japanese fanbase.
It's just one poll and I would suggest not putting too much stock in it. I doubt it was a scientific poll where they paid a polling company to have a sample base of the population asked what they want. More likely it's just an online poll, which has completely different participation levels and results.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Arbiter GUNDAM

And the fact that "Hot Chicks" is an option on that poll makes me a little dubious as well.

--Freyja Wion
2NA Fish

Yep, it was an online poll. Just a note, in the first day or 2 that the poll was up, CE had a huge lead over everything else, but then the gap got closed rather quickly.

Gundam.info comes up with a new poll every few weeks. The answers are all pre-set and you choose one from the list.

They usually have some humorous options in each poll. For example, one poll was "What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Gundam Wing?" to which the fans overwhelmingly voted for "Self destruct."

You can see the huge list of polls at the bottom of the page that I linked. Some of them are really silly, like "Which Gundam main character would be the best at singing?" and "Which character looks best in a wedding dress?" :mrgreen:
Dark Duel

2NA Fish wrote:They usually have some humorous options in each poll. For example, one poll was "What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Gundam Wing?" to which the fans overwhelmingly voted for "Self destruct."
You really can't argue with that - there's a lot of that going around in there (at least two of the Gundam pilots did it, plus IIRC Zechs did it with Tallgeese when he ditched it for Wing Zero, and all of them did it again at the end of EW - except Heero 'cuz his kinda just fell apart)
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
HalfDemonInuyasha

Yup, Heero did it with Wing Gundam (probably one of, if not the most memorable one), Quatre did it with Sandrock, Quatre did it with Mercurius, Zechs did it with Tallgeese, and the others at the end of EW.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet