Armored Core V

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
blind_dead_mcjones

Re: Armored Core 5 announced.

Seraphic wrote: Are there still back weapons in the game? So far, I've only seen the back-mounted hand weapons. From all the designs I've seen, it looks like everything has been re-emphasized into hand weapons or transforming back parts.
considering there were missiles launching from a pod on one of the AC's backs in the gameplay demo footage i'd say back weapons are still there

the switching between HUD's during combat is an interesting touch though, allows for more detail yet keeps the screen from getting cluttered
Flag Fighter for life!
quasadra

the missile launcher is actually a part of the arm, as an integrated weapon.

EDIT:
some info From Software announced today:

-back weapon is gone, replaced by swapping hand weapon.(back weapon are not listed as available customize option. Seraphic was right after all)

-weapon can be discarded like previous game.

-you can put missile, rocket, etc into shoulder. these are call Shoulder unit.

-added new Recon Unit. exactly as what it says on the tin. combine with scanning mode for greater effect.

-there are 3 types of weapon now. KE: kinetic weapon, uses ammunition. CE: chemical weapon, uses chemical ammunition. TE: thermal weapon, uses thermal weapon(i believe flame thrower belong in this category).

-railgun and laser rifle can perform a charge attack. affecting range and damage. consume energy when fired.

-bazooka renamed to battle rifle.

-immobile when deploying weapon and switch to first person view. has higher accuracy and enhance defense with leg shield

regarding boost:

-confirmed Glide Boost is similar to Over Boost, can perform a kick attack(i presume this can be done after reaching a certain speed), can boost backward as well.

-High Boost is similar to Quick Boost, high acceleration for a short time.

-wall jump is known as Boost Drive. can be use to gain height. also can use in succession.

-can "drift" when landing, change direction quickly when sliding.(i think this is the drift boost, sounds like quick turn to me)

source here: http://www.4gamer.net/games/103/G010386/20110511019/

correction are appreciated.

the removal of back weapon make sense if you think about it. when you use both back weapon in the past, the hands just dangle there anyway, not like i can shoot 4 weapon at once. this shouldn't change the shooting dynamic too much.

whew, this is one long edit...
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Outlaw

Wow! I really can't wait to get my hands on this iteration. Sadly, I'm already hearing what the critics will say (at least in the west) in my head: "The menu is to ocomplicated", "The mechs are too fast/don't feel heavy enough". :roll:
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
reeoyuy

Don't know if it's already mentioned here; last week on NHK World Imagine-nation was covering ACV with emphasis on online co-op. So one interesting thing is that one member of the team can (or is it a must?) act as "operator" and guide the rest of the team using overhead map. Only the operator can see the map and he/she can also put lettered markers on the map and order the team to follow it using voice command (a headset is necessary). It's almost like the operator is playing real-time Front Mission game :lol: .
reeoyuy

Well I just realized that operator thingy I posted above is already covered in previous pages.
But anyway, a news about release date: 20 October in Japan. Not sure about NA.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Oh my fucking god!!

This just looks like straight-up reality. :shock:

Also,
quasadra wrote:-back weapon is gone, replaced by swapping hand weapon.(back weapon are not listed as available customize option. Seraphic was right after all
HA, I called it! =D
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Amadi Akintunde

>Artillery AC

Mother of God.
quasadra

DUAL Artillery AC.

wondering how this new weapon system will work with weapon arms though. October cant come soon enough.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Seraphic

Japanese release date was pushed back to January 2012 for whatever reason. I suppose this will also push back any western releases.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

reeoyuy

Seraphic wrote:Japanese release date was pushed back to January 2012 for whatever reason. I suppose this will also push back any western releases.
Most likely due to PSN downtime that delayed closed online beta thus pushing the release as a result.
Seraphic

Finally some straight gameplay with no annoying commentators.

I don't know about you guys, but I can't see a damn thing. The simplified HUD has everything too small, and the other view gives everything an annoying glow. There are too many unnecessary markers on the screen.

The blade attack looks interesting though. I wonder how those work.

I'm also getting really sick of this town. I WANT TO SEE A DIFFERENT MAP ALREADY.
-Antares

Outlaw

Cool, I'm liking the energy whip style blade. On the other hand I hope they tweak how often your computer talks, I could only take so much "system: ____ mode" before I would go nuts. I really hope they have this at PAX.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Amadi Akintunde

Gamescom Armored Core V Team Play Demo

I think it's a good thing to point out that the English voice acting won't be the actual audio within the game. Just a simple demonstration of what you can do with the game's voice chat, I believe.
Seraphic

Live demo at Gamescom.

I found this to be one of the more interesting videos so far. Kind of surprising that when you're shot down you eject and fly around with a silly looking jet pack, lol.

Why are all the demos on Xbox??
-Antares

Seraphic

Been wondering where those huge, transformable back weapons went?

Here they are.

Sorry for the video quality, but at least you don't have to listen to the original Japanese commentators.

Also, recently learned that all demos appear to be on xbox controllers because those are the only controllers that work on the PCs that the games are being developed on. Makes sense.
-Antares

Amadi Akintunde

Mother of God... I'm going to love this game.
Toxicity

Hmm, the leg parts on the AC that appears around 2:35 looks alot like the Hilbert model legs from AC4 and ACFA.
Seraphic

New summary vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fF2qto6yx4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH88RkY0Ygc

I'm looking forward to being able to set up my own gun emplacements. I hope you guys enjoy getting torn to shreds from every direction at once. =3

It also looks like FROM is working hard to set up the community aspect through the official partnership program they've developed. They deserve praise for putting in so much effort to the multiplayer focus.
-Antares

EternalPunishment666

mobiusdiablo

Oh dear, I poke my head out of Skyrim, and what awaits me but footage of the OTHER game I want? Man, thanks to viewing the gameplay trailers, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be happy with AC5. I'll admit it, I'm not too fond of the earlier games, up to and including Last Raven, but I did really enjoy 4 and FA, it simply felt more intuitive. It seems that the same feel of the QB/OB mechanic is gonna stay, though under different names, which is good - it appears that AC5 seeks to be a balance between the older games and 4/FA

Two things I am a little concerned about is the Overed Weapons and the online play. The former seems to be one of those 'one-hit kills that you'll never be able to land' things, and they take a horribly long time to get set up, so as awesome as some of them look, I'm concerned they'll be of no use. Secondly, as much as it pains me to admit it, I don't see online play going anywhere near as well as it did in the trailers, at least not here in America. To top it all off, some people don't have headsets and may have a hard time being understood... Right now, I'd see the only cure for this being hooking up with friends and everything and playing together. LOL I can see making a Mechatalk team already happening...
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!