current dot hack

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
NastyNate

current dot hack

Hey I have heard bits and pieces about the new dot hack anime .hack//Quantum. I don't know anything about it. I have watched .hack sign, played the original four games, and watched legend of the twighlight? Is this new series worth a watch. I never did watch the roots anime as I was not interested in them starting in a new world from the one I worked so hard in the games to save. What do you think of the GU anime series. With a new psp game just over horizon for a hopeful american release. Is there any possibility of a full new series release like sign? And if so I wonder if we need to play all the ps2 games to really get the story.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Destiny_Gundam

Re: current dot hack

I haven't seen Roots or any GU installment, but I did watch Quantum. It's a 3 episode OVA and is quite enjoyable and definitely worth a watch. It's more bright and upbeat than Sign and more akin to Legend of the Twilight. Quantum takes place in both The World and reality, with the real world scenes being shown normally rather than only vauge images like in Sign.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Turinu

Aye, maybe because of its condensed form of three episodes it doesn't feel even nearly as dragged out as Sign and Roots, in my opinion anyways. It was a nice change of pace for the series and I really liked it. Like Destiny said it's much more upbeat than the original.

As for The GU Anime series Roots, it's really dragged out. Big periods of lull amidst a bit of action n' such. I'm not going to say it's bad because I enjoyed it myself (I like anything .hack for the most part), but it was indeed a bit tiresome to watch.

When it comes to the new .hack game for the PSP... I really do hope it gets an American release. But I'm not very optimistic when it comes to that because if I remember correctly it did indeed have an American release date but then it was pulled down.

But do give the .hack//GU games a try. They are not bad games. You can go ahead and save The World all over again! (And yet see it become The World R:X in the new PSP game. Don't that just beat all?) A lot of the characters in .hack//GU also appeared in the previous games; some more obvious than others, though.
Dollow

In terms of the whole of .Hack, it is a great series, R:1 is a great story, and it is even better if you read, play and watch everything. Quantum is okay, it is not my favorite .Hack but it is worth watching as a fan, simple and funny.

The PSP game is never coming out here in the states as it stands, The G.U games did sort of well here in the states but it was not good compared to R:1, and the PSP game had a very strong story, but game play was very "bad", and it has been over a year since it was released, I do not think it will be coming as for the most part, .Hack is more or less dead here in the USA, Plus just looking at the game, there are a lot of problems with the licencing of the game, with it music and the different voice actors.

If you want to watch Quantum, I think you might like it, but you might want to watch and play G.U. to fully appreciated it, G.U.+ might be the closest thing to the game but note that they are non-Canon, which is why I don't like the G.U. storyline, since there are like four different retelling of the main G.U story, and to me it is worse than what others say about EVA.

I terms of a new series like SIGN, well it is possible; but at this point you might be waiting for awhile, if I was you this would be a great time to look up the .Hacks that you have not seen.
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
NastyNate

Is anyone else as excited about the the US release of .hack Quatum? It is a great deal too. Only 25 dollars for the whole series on blueray!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00695 ... PDKIKX0DER

The trailer looks great too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X9jICv0wO0&feature=g-u

I can't wait to buy this. I hope that if it sells well then it will get the .hack theatrical movie and the psp game links to come to the states. I am thinking digital release on the vita.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

Dollow

@ NastyNate

I am excited for it, if it does sell well Funimation might be able to get the 3D movie, but don't get super excite; thinking that the games will came as those are still under the control of Bandai Namco, there is a slight chance that it would get a digital release on the PSN, but any game getting a release like that is a long shot.

I do hope the movie comes out on Blu-Ray 3D, but it only has a shot if .hack//Quantum sells really well, so maybe animated DotHacks will make it to the west. This is a wait and see thing right now.
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
NastyNate

Hey now that the series is out here in the states. Did anyone buy and watch it? I got my preorder a while back. Cool show. I think it was made in a way that those even not very familiar with the lore could pick up and enjoy. The main cast was cool and the animation was beautiful.

Dollow

Quantum was also great for those who knew the history of Dothack, to me it was way better than GU Trilogy. Watching it on a big TV was nice, as it had great animation, I can only hope now that it did well so we can get the 3D movie.

@ NastyNate

what did you like best about it?
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
NastyNate

Well It has been about a month since I have watched it and it is very short but I liked the cast of 3 main characters. Also thought it was cool how they incorporated the friend gets data drained, now lets save them, from the first game, but makes it happen in 3 episodes. Also just seeing the World in this beautiful animation and how they have a portable way of playing it was way past.

BTW never noticed but
GLF FTW!!