Any NHL fans on here? Thoughts on the 2011 Playoffs?

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Wedge14

Re: Any NHL fans on here? Thoughts on the 2011 Playoffs?

Wingnut wrote:*steals Wedge's broom and breaks it into several pieces.* 8)

Hey!!! I still needed that for the boston game!
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
TetraVaal

Down 3 - 1 in the third period, the Wings scratched and clawed their way back to win 4 - 3 and force a game 6 in Detroit on Tuesday. I am speechless in the best ways possible. I am so proud of this team for just showing pride (perhaps the Lakers could learn something from the Wings ;-), haha). I don't know if the Wings have what it takes to force a game 7, mainly because Franzen is obviously significantly injured and Datsyuk, the Wings' best player, has a nagging injury that is preventing him from taking shots, as well as not allowing him to take faceoffs, which is where he's most impactful at.

Major shout out to J-Howard, dude was in beast mode tonight.

Bring it on, Sharkies. 8)
Wedge14

Told you to keep the faith, didn't I? :P

TetraVaal

http://youtu.be/5I-SbwCHJ80

DON'T STOP BELIEVING!

Down 1 - 0 in the third period, the Wings once again come back to win 3 - 1 and force a game 7 in San Jose!!! Finish it, Detroit! You can do this. :-D
Wingnut

I honestly didn't think this could be done. I don't think I've ever been more happy to have been proven wrong. Now we just need to finish what we've started on Thursday night.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Wingnut

Me too. Let's make that history and win game 7. 8)
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Wedge14

TetraVaal wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mos3n-Z7Kt0

I'm so ready for tonight. :D

Cute little commercial you boys have!

Wingnut

Allow me to repeat myself.

I do so because it was that darn close and we could have had it a couple of times at least.
Last edited by Wingnut on Thu May 12, 2011 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
TetraVaal

Congrats to the Sharks on a hard fought, well earned victory. I'm very proud of my Wings. Extremely proud. Talk about playing with pride... to be down two goals on two occasions in this game, in the third period no less, and to come down to one goal and at least give yourself an oppurtunity in the closing seconds... that's 110% bonafied effort. I love this team... win, lose, or draw. It is time for some minor re-tooling, though. Every since I called Howard a glorified back-up, the dude has turned into an absolute stud. The problem is, mediocre goalies get hot in the Playoffs, it happens all the time. In his rookie season, Howard looked like he was going to be a future top 5 NHL goalie... then came this season, where his numbers became flat-out mediocre. Then he out-duels Bryzgalov for four straight games, gives up soft goals three straight games against the Sharks, then plays like he's the number one goaltender in the entire NHL for FOUR straight games. I'm certainly open to the idea of letting him start all next season. In fact, it may be best to get Gigeure as his back-up, who still has some gas left in the tank, and that would probably be the cheapest option for the Wings. That'd definitely give the Wings the absolute best 1-2 goalie combo in the NHL if that were to happen.

I'd love to see Lidstrom play one more season and I think he will. I'm also open to keeping Rafalski, but only if demoted to the second line (would love to see Lidstrom/Kronwall as the first pairing). Bring up Smith and Kindl (this will pretty much happen for sure). Mursak is obviously going to get a full time roster spot, and with Modano retiring, this opens the door for Tatar and Emmerton, with hopefully Tatar getting the spot. Either way, for the Wings having as many vets as they do, they actually look real strong going forward thanks to having an outstanding farm system and of course, the pairing of Datsyuk and Zetterberg... as long as them two are together, the Wings will continue to be legitimate contender. See you next year, Sharkies. ;-)

@Wedge, typical Sharks fan you are... can't win or lose with class. That's ok, we all know the Sharks will find a way to choke again this Playoff season, it's just unfortunate it didn't come at the hands of my Wings.
Fritz Ashlyn

TetraVaal wrote:@Wedge, typical Sharks fan you are... can't win or lose with class. That's ok, we all know the Sharks will find a way to choke again this Playoff season, it's just unfortunate it didn't come at the hands of my Wings.
u mad?
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
TetraVaal

Fritz Ashlyn wrote:
TetraVaal wrote:@Wedge, typical Sharks fan you are... can't win or lose with class. That's ok, we all know the Sharks will find a way to choke again this Playoff season, it's just unfortunate it didn't come at the hands of my Wings.
u mad?
No, why would I be?
Wedge14

@Wingnut The series was way too close. I know it looks like 3 straight victorys back and forth but it really was close to a more even series once you break it down game to game. I really hope Bertuzzi is ok, maybe he knew his #1 fan was a sharks fan and was trying to help me out?? :roll: It was a classic series, i really hope we keep meeting in the playoffs like this because we are growing quite a rivalry here.

@TV How do you think im a typical sharks fan? I don't remember losing without class at all. I also remember praising the wings quite a bit in this thread. I understand you're upset about your team's fortunes in the playoffs, but please don't call me classless. I can proudly say I support my team if their winners or losers and more often then not they are losers. And i'll continue to support for atleast 8 more play off games this year i hope. :D

Enjoy the golfcourse!

Wingnut

That pic's a low blow, Wedge. I'm sure there's one out there somewhere of that stick in the shark's mouth being a golf club rather than a hockey stick as well.

I am also now shifting my loyalty to the Eastern Confrence as I want neither of the west teams to win the cup. The Bruin's get original 6 loyalty ties and the Lightning have Stevie Y on their staff.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
TetraVaal

Wingnut wrote:That pic's a low blow, Wedge. I'm sure there's one out there somewhere of that stick in the shark's mouth being a golf club rather than a hockey stick as well.

I am also now shifting my loyalty to the Eastern Confrence as I want neither of the west teams to win the cup. The Bruin's get original 6 loyalty ties and the Lightning have Stevie Y on their staff.
1.) That's exactly what I was referring to. He says he gave Wings credit in here, but he really hasn't. Also, did you notice how he wasn't even showing up in here once the Wings started winning some games? Then he tries to reverse roles and use petty statements like "I know you're upset"... really? What do I have to be upset about? The 20 straight Playoff appearances? The 4 Stanley Cups in 11 seasons? The fact we haven't been bounced in the first round in how many years now? Tell me, how many Cups do the Sharks have in their 20 year history? Don't worry, I'll wait. I just find it incredibly ironic that a Sharks fan is gonna try to taunt an opposing team's fan, especially when it comes to "golfing", considering the Sharks are about to follow right behind em.

Also, the Sharks' logo is actually a metaphor for choking, not golfing. You see, after it bites the hockey stick, it ends up choking on a piece of it.

2.) I'm pulling for both Vancouver and Tampa Bay to make the Finals. As cool as it is to see Y having so much success this early as Tampa's GM, I do think it would be kinda cool to see a Canadian team win the Cup this season. It's been too long for them and Vancouver's team is nothing but pure and straight up class.
Wedge14

Really? Think of me how you want. I don't care History is history just like the red wings season.I'm focused on this season arguably the two best teams are meeting in the western finals. Im excited for that! I'm not being dragged into a pointless quote war. My apoligies for chirping a losing team.

Fritz Ashlyn

Some serious defensive projection up in hurr.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
TetraVaal

The Sharks did an outstanding job of choking away game 1.

Tampa was absolutely dominate over the Bruins last night.

A Canucks/Lightning Cup Final would actually be pretty sick.
Fritz Ashlyn

Hey let me check the updated NHL standings. Yep, the Redwings are still eliminated.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

TetraVaal

And?

Let me check the Sharks' 20 year history... oh yeah, 0 Stanley Cup victories. Remind me again how many times the Wings have been in the Playoffs since the Sharks existed... oh, that's right, 20 years. :lol: You can keep making your petty statements, I'm really not bitter. I watched my team become only the 8th team in NHL history come back from a 3 - 0 series deficit, only to lose by a single goal. They played with pride and that's all I can ask for. At least they don't have a history of ch-ch-choking. :wink: Try harder.