[Novel] - New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Frozen Teardrop

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Amadi Akintunde

Re: [Novel] - New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Frozen Teardrop

LightningCount wrote:
Amadi Akintunde wrote:So, new novel volume is out. We now see Zechs for what he really is.
Spoiler
In GotD news,
Spoiler
We see a glimpse of Treize's blueprints for Epyon.
Heavyarms gets some new equipment.
Heavyarms proceeds to blow everything up with new equipment.
Specials suits close in on Heavyarms.
To be continued.
I think I'm in love with Heavyarms all over again.
We've seen pre-mask Zechs with sunglasses before in Episode Zero (somewhat to my chagrin). Is this new image from GotD or Frozen Teardrop? And where about in the TV episode count are they in GotD? (It sounds like it might be near the "recap" episodes 27 & 28) Has it included the lost material like Wu Fei's arranged marriage, etc from Episode Zero that were supposed to fit in there? Lastly, have they addressed the characters' ages in GotD? (Because, despite being a fan, it's sort of bugged me how young people like Noin were in Episode Zero--12, I think? If one were to redo Gundam Wing, I would think you'd want to make some characters older--I mean, Zechs looked older than 19 in the series anyway).
New Zechs image is from Frozen Teardrop, as evidenced by the embroidery.

GotD's somewhere around Episode 2 or 3 of Wing right about now, where Heavyarms is destroying some base and the Specials try to distract it as Zechs leaves with Tallgeese.

I am rather peeved with what Frozen Teardrop's doing with its cast. I was hoping it would at least try and bring in some new characters.
LightningCount

Amadi Akintunde wrote:GotD's somewhere around Episode 2 or 3 of Wing right about now, where Heavyarms is destroying some base and the Specials try to distract it as Zechs leaves with Tallgeese.

I am rather peeved with what Frozen Teardrop's doing with its cast. I was hoping it would at least try and bring in some new characters.
What?! How the heck is GotD's Treize already cooking up Epyon if it's only around episode 2 or 3??? I'd think that would mean major rewrites of OZ having extensive knowledge of the Gundams prior to the capture of the 5 doctors... :?:

As for Frozen Teardrop, sadly, it sounds pretty half-baked. Some good ideas are mixed in, but it's rehashing too much in too conveniently a way.

Thanks for answering my questions. But now that Epyon one is going to stump me. :?
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
AmuroNT1

Yeah, I was running with 30 years as a rough estimate, given that the main cast is older, but not yet called "old", and we've got kids and protégées who are in their teens.

As for Epyon, the only way I can reconcile it is to point out that Treize has known about Gundams for at least a year (since the events of Wu Fei's Episode Zero story), and apparently he's familiar with the concept of Gundanium if not the composition, so he probably started coming up with his ideal design some time ago.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Arsarcana

OZ definitely knew all about Gundamium and had access to it since one of Heero's early missions (like, one episode past the point where the manga is now) featured him taking out a transport filled with the stuff. The only thing Treize doesn't have which Epyon needs is data on the Zero System so he can reverse-engineer it. Having him planning the thing now isn't a huge issue.
Raiden

http://i.min.us/ilPgSs.jpg

interesting that it has no mouth vents. At least not yet...
Dark Duel

Raiden wrote:http://i.min.us/ilPgSs.jpg

I actually like it better without them, but that's just me.
And it looks AWESOME.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Amadi Akintunde

Dark Duel wrote:
Raiden wrote:http://i.min.us/ilPgSs.jpg

I actually like it better without them, but that's just me.
And it looks AWESOME.
It does, doesn't it? Then again it always did. ;p
Dark Duel

Though looking at it again, there are more differences than just the missing mouth vents - the entire faceplate is different in design, and lacks the dark red bit on the bottom of the face to either side of the chin piece. Compare to the MG and the original series version.

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Amadi Akintunde

Maganac Redesigns 1

Maganac Redesigns 2

Pretty. o:

I always did love the Maganac Corps. Rashid's looks especially fine.
Raiden

Finally they released those too after only having them being featured for less than 5 seconds during the weapons were never seen again line from EW.

The Mobile Doll versions weapons are...too short? I also hope they get rid of those bloody cloaks on the new Gundams soon.
Dark Duel

Amadi Akintunde wrote:Maganac Redesigns 1

Maganac Redesigns 2

Pretty. o:

I always did love the Maganac Corps. Rashid's looks especially fine.
NIIIIIIIICE. I love these new, sleeker, skinnier Maganacs. I really hope we get gunpla of those. Or at least of Rashid's.

Arsarcana

Yeah, really like the new designs. Abdul's in particular reminds me of the Duraxyll from SRW from behind, though that was itself based on Gundams so I suppose it's not too surprising. Not that we're ever likely to get gunpla of them (I mean, if they don't give us a Leo...) but it's nice to imagine a really comprehensive HGAC line.
Last edited by Arsarcana on Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AmuroNT1

I love the Maganacs, but something just seems odd about the designs. I think it's the fact that Ishigaki slimmed down the limbs but kept the chest and skirt armor the same size, so it looks like a thin guy trying to wear a large guy's jacket or something.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Arbiter GUNDAM

Hey, has Lady Une been mentioned at all in Frozen Teardrop?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Deacon Blues

Lady Une and Sylvia Noventa have both been mentioned in passing. Lady Une is currently the presidential aide (to Dorothy T. Catalonia) and Sylvia Noventa is an ambassador.
Mu La Flaga

Interesting, I wonder how Dorothy got in to being President, would it come from her lineage perhaps?

Also it's interesting to know Sylvia and Lady Une are still around.
treiz

wow, as a long time Wing fan I thought I'd take some time to catch up on rumors of continuations I've heard about off and on.

I can safely say after reading through the links and posts here, that ignorance was bliss. I don't know what they started putting in the water over there between the 90s and now, but it wasn't good...
Jerrid fan!

Animated Wing forever!!

>.<b
Raiden

Epyon II?
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... 6c844f.jpg

I Guess Wufei decided follow Treizes philosophy about battle, but so far nothing in this Gundam looks like it even has a hint of Shenlong/Altron lineage. Wonder if that 3rd head in the middle does anything when its in MS mode.
AmuroNT1

Actually, it's Epyon Pi. Yes, as in 3.1415... Because it has three legs.

Also, it's white and blue and uses a beam trident instead of a beam sword. It was apparently designed by Treize - personally I prefer that gag comic where he made Altron-ified versions of things like the Guncannon and Gunperry to troll Wu Fei.

LightningCount

Is this thread for Glory of the Defeated, as well? Because I have a question. GotD is supposed to be the most complete telling of the Wing story, but it's a manga. I'm curious, how long is this thing going to be, and can it really cover everything the TV series covered PLUS the extra stuff from Episode Zero and background tidbits from Frozen Teardrop? (as it claims). I just foresee a lot being skipped. What is GotD like? Is it a full event by event/episode by episode retelling, or more of a rushed, pick-and-choose compilation movie in manga form?

I ask especially because it seems like they're already to Epyon, and it doesn't seem like there have been a lot of releases or that the manga's been ongoing for too long. Also, what's the end game for this? Was it for some anniversary, or are they hoping it helps sell Frozen Teardrop? Help is appreciated in understanding all of this. I don't think I get what GotD is exactly and is about commercially.
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone