Gunpla Buyer Question

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

Gunpla Buyer Question

Depending on where you shop for Gunpla, is it cheaper or more expensive to order spare parts than buying a whole kit to acquire those parts?
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
duke4799

Re: Gunpla Buyer Question

It really depends on where you go for parts, how many parts you need, and how expensive is the kit itself? If you only need a few parts, you don't want to have to buy an entire runner like HLJ makes you do. However, if you need a tone of parts from a single runner, that may be easier. They charge a percentage of the price of the kit depending on the percentage of the kit you want.

Gundam Store and More charges $2.50 per part and then $5 for each weapon (sword, gun, etc), plus $2.95 for shipping... Buying 4 or 5 parts for a high grade kit, you're better off buying a new kit and keep extra parts for whatever. However, $15 total for a few parts for that MG The O you messed up because you used the wrong thinner and now the leg armor is melting vs shelling out $80 for a whole new one, much better deal. But GSAM will only sell parts from a kit on their "parts list" unless there are enough requests for them to dig into a new kit.

I'm not sure how GG Infinite does their parts orders, but I hear they can get them straight from Bandai. They might be your best bet, if that's the case.
Until Next Time: Happy Building!
-Joe
Joe's Gunpla

Want to Buy LM Leo or Taurus from Gundam Wing, built or unbuilt! Willing to pay big!
Raiden

Re: Gunpla Buyer Question

I dun think ive actually seen the Gundam Store and more even update their list...