Member Introduction Thread Mk. III

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
burgerseatbright

Re: Member Introduction Thread Mk. III

Sup, the name of this user is burgerseatbright. Of course this can be revealed by using the magical powers of checking the left part of your computer screen. Call me Burgers or Bright for casual conversation. You could call me Eat too, but I'm not sure how smoothly that will run here. I don't want to be mistaken for Gluttony, dude.

The name was derived from the fact that Mr. Bright Noa from UC Gundam loves his burgers. They keep him calm and happy inside so he doesn't flip his lid with the crew. If only he had them in ZZ Gundam; Axis would still be with us. In Mecha Soviet Russia burgers would be eating Bright, but don't tell him that. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

I am a Gundam fiend. Mostly UC and G Gundam, however. I plan on watching After War, Turn A, and Gundam Wing sometime in the future when I have the chance. I did watch Gundam SEED, but it's best not to mention that around me if you sincerely enjoyed it. We can still have happy fun times together, but refrain from gushing to me about Kira Yamato or the like. I only enjoyed a select few characters (Mwu, Murrue, Natarle, Rau, Siegel Clyne, Uzumi, Waltfeld, and Dearka if you're insistent on knowing) and episodes 33 - 49. I have no plans on watching SEED Destiny. I do however enjoy unicorns. If you do too, then let us frolic in a space meadow.

Mostly above all, I enjoy fandom crack and LULZ. I friendly joke about UC Gundam moments and love partaking in creating and discussing UC memes. I am fond of all UC Gundam characters in one way or another and can talk about everything under the sun concerning them. My specialties in gabbing away about characters lie in Char Aznable, M'Quve, Kamille, White Base, and the Zabis. Shipping wise, I'm chill with mostly anything. Straights, gays, lesbians, and everything in between (especially if a certain red comet and young prince are involved). I love crack ships as well. Bright/White Base will always have a special place in my heart.

Feel free to try and convince me to watch what ever show you're bonkers about. I'm more than willing to give a majority of series a chance before I decide it's my cup of tea or not.

That's about it. Let us now eat some cake.
Fritz Ashlyn

Howdy. As a retired OG /b/tard from way back (in 4chan terms, I mean - I'm talking circa 2004) who is now an upstanding citizen I take it I may be the best one to welcome you.

Welcome to the board, watch your step, please keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all times and so on. And as a shameless plug, check out the RPG Section - we like our Zeta Gundam.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Arbiter GUNDAM

burgerseatbright wrote:I have no plans on watching SEED Destiny.
You're not missing much so don't worry. :twisted:
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
burgerseatbright

Fritz Ashlyn wrote:Howdy. As a retired OG /b/tard from way back (in 4chan terms, I mean - I'm talking circa 2004) who is now an upstanding citizen I take it I may be the best one to welcome you.

Welcome to the board, watch your step, please keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all times and so on. And as a shameless plug, check out the RPG Section - we like our Zeta Gundam.
Thanks, man. Zeta Gundam is boss, so I might have a look at that RPG.
MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:
burgerseatbright wrote:I have no plans on watching SEED Destiny.
You're not missing much so don't worry. :twisted:
So I've heard. :wink:
christianwalker

Honestly, I didn't look very hard for an introduction thread. I just came across this one and thought I would drop a line and say 'hi'. Hi. My name is Christian. Nice to meet everyone.
"You might as well called his hotel room Elm Street, cuz I was bringing those nightmares every night." -Soul Bro Ryu
Rondo Mina Sahaku

This...really isn't so much of an introduction as a re-introduction, I suppose. I used to post on here some time ago under the username "Nagi," but for various and sundry reasons (one of which being me accidentally breaking my account in a failed attempt to change my e-mail address), I kinda fell off the radar...and off the mecha anime radar...and off the anime radar...for quite some time. Well, I got back into anime, and for some reason that always seems to go hand-in-hand with Gundam for me, so I suppose it was inevitable that I'd drift back this-a-way.

Actually, I think I was a mod here, wasn't I? Go figure.

Anyway, re-introduction time. Though my real name is on here and I can't do anything about that, I typically use "Morgan" as a pen name for writing projects and other creative pursuits, and I figure it'll do quite nicely here, too. I have a Bachelor's degree in animation (not that I'm doing a whole lot with it at the moment), I'm a hopelessly long-suffering Gundam fan (asking which Gundam that includes will net you a rambling response of epic proportions, just as a fair warning), and non-anime hobbies include BBC television, vertebrate palaeontology, evolutionary biology, industrial & old school goth music, and just generally being an Atlanta subculture social butterfly. I'm also an ex-/b/-tard and an epic trap.

At the time I was active on these forums, I was writing a fanfiction work called Mobile Suit Gundam Ragnarok, if anyone remembers that. Well, it's since been re-branded and thoroughly facelifted into something of a steampunk mythology story that bears almost no similarity to its original concept, and I'm currently pursuing it as a proper novel. Unfortunately, I regret to say that I won't be posting it on here, but rest assured (if you enjoyed Ragnarok, that is) it is still alive and well. As for mecha fanfiction, I'm currently brewing up something else involving crossing over SEED and Astray's plotlines and making Destiny not completely suck. I'll keep you posted on that one.

Apologies for the possibly tacky username. I figured if I was going to come back to a mecha board, I may as well pick a name from a mecha anime/manga character I like, and Rondo Mina would pretty much be my top choice out of the much-beleaguered Cosmic Era timeline (which I do admit to having a particular soft-spot for, warts and all...except for Destiny).
Arbiter GUNDAM

Well welcome back! Have fun and anything that can make Destiny not suck is welcome here.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
GM Dagger

Hm.. I've always used MAHQ for mecha details, and just recently started listening to the Gundamn! podcast.. and, decided to join up with my fellow mecha fans. So, here I am! GM Dagger.

I've considered myself an anime fan since InuYasha in the early 2000s, joined the mecha fanbase informally in 2005 after watching SEED and formally after watching through ALMOST all of the U.C.-based series (I missed out on ZZ, Victory, X, G, and Turn A) in 2008..

And.. I thought this'd be the best place to try'n find others who'd be willing to help with my SEED re-envisioning writing project! 8)

~Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!
Dave

Haven't been on here in ages, but thanks to a major Nostalgia bomb dropped on me I've been watching some Gundam Wing Lately.
あなたの父親と母親elderberriesハムスターのにおいがした.
Discredited

Hello thar, Mechatalk! I don't have much to say in terms of an introduction- just that I've finally joined after the off-and-on lurkage here over the past few years.

I'm largely a UC enthusiast, particularly any material involving the One Year War and the Gryps War. Interestingly enough, my primary knowledge of Gundam has been gleaned from MAHQ for the past 6 or 7 years- South Africa is a fairly bad country for getting hold of Gundam material, after all. Also, I'm quite heavily into the roleplaying scene- mostly Mekton Zeta and forum RPGs, and having read a few episodes of Tales from the Frontline.

IRL an Electrical Engineering student, amateur writer/illustrator and kenjutsuka. Yeah, that's about all I got for now. XD
fahentai

Say Hi to everyone

Hi, as my signiture, I am just an internationl student in Melbourne Australia from China. Though I have join in MAHQ for a while but I did not come here really often before. But since today, I think I will be here everday. So, nice to meet you.
Sorry for my fuxked up English...But I am just an international student in Au from China. If my words makes you guys confused, let me know.I will explain it.
Massignifico

Hi everyone, I'm a Gundam fan since I was a kid and I like to draw mobile suits since then.
I registered on this forum because there is a lot of information even on the most obscure machines.

Sorry for my bad english, I'm italian :lol:
astraypilot026

Hi everyone, big Gundam fan. First got started with Gundam back in 2000 with Gundam Wing on Cartoon Network then watched G Gundam and now I love Gundam Seed. I own both Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny on DVD.
shinden

Lurker/Stalker out of shadows

I've been lurking here a very long time.

Hello everyone, I've been a Gundam fan for a long time. I've been into anime since 1990, and have been a Gundam fan since than as well. I watched the original Gundam movies and CCA in '91 when I was 16 (so, yah, I'm 'old'), after salivating over pictures and fanzine articles.

I was introduced to MAHQ via the Gundam Project, whose forums I used to post in occasionally, I think I used the same handle. I still have fond memories of the nerdons that took place there.

Although my love for anime has waxed and waned (mostly waned...sadly), I've always been a gundam fan, and have followed the various shows to some extent.

I'm pretty much what you would call a UC fan, though I'm really too old to get too picky about my favorite shows, I've found something to like in everything, and often, something I enjoy making fun of in the things I don't!

well, hopefully I'll get to participate in some of the interesting discussions here, I have a wife and 2 growing gundam fans, so I can be quite busy!
By a curious confusion, many modern critics have passed from the proposition that a masterpiece may be unpopular to the other proposition that unless it is unpopular it cannot be a masterpiece. -G. K. Chesterton
sweet-d

hello my name is sweet-d you can also call me daniel i just started watching anime again about a year ago after a 4 year break. i originally started watching anime in about 95 so i've seen a huge amount of anime i got into after watching gundam wing. i would consider myself a UC addict with my top gundam series being victory, turn a, and zeta. Now for other genre's of anime well it's pretty broad i love a good story along with character development one of fav's is nobodies boy a 70's anime about a little boy that gets sold to a traveling entertainer by his adoptive father without his mothers permission. he goes through a lot like more than Uso in about Victory Gundam.
Francheska is a horrible colony.
ShonenNinja

Hello, ShonenNinja here, and I apparently missed this topic before I posted...

Anyway, I have been watching anime since as long as I can remember. I was a Macross fan (through Robotech) before I watched any other mech show, and my first Gundam series was SEED Destiny.
Rava

Hi, I was lurking for a few days and decided this looked like a good place to hang around.

I watch way too much anime and have recently gotten into gundam. Back when everyone was into Gundam Wing I was exposed to it, but didn't really get all crazy on it since at the same time I was watching Escaflowne.

Anyway a few months ago I was like "I wonder what's going on with Gundam anime these days" and found myself submerged in the franchise somehow.
Spidey62

I have followed this site for about 3 years now however I never signed up for the forum.
I was never really a fan of forums up until a few months ago.
This being my favorite mecha site I decided to join.
As far a little bit on my background, I reign over the large land of Delaware where we venture from one side of the state to another in a torturous 4 hour span.
As a small child my father introduced me into classic anime such as Captain Harlock, The American incarnation of Yamato, ,Gatchaman, Voltron and Macross.
However I first got into anime with Zeta Gundam. My father bought the bootleg VHS tapes from his friend who at the time owned a smaller *now larger* comic shop.
i watched it with him the day he bought the tape and was instantly hooked.
Since then I have become a avid comic,manga,anime collector.
However to some peoples dismay, I am more fond of American Comic books but Gundam and Macross rank high in my interests.
I hope to be a great contributor to the site and I hope I am welcomed.
steeltamashii

Hi everyone, steeltamashii here!

I'm new to the MechaTalk forums, but i've been listening to Gundamn! for a while now. A little about myself, I love mecha anime, new and classic, with some of my favorites being Macross (SDF, Plus, 7, and Frontier), Gundam (0079, Zeta, Wing, and 00), Super Robot Taisen (OG Divine Wars and The Inspector), Gunbuster, the original Evangelion, and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, just to name a few. I also enjoy Gunpla as well (altho i'm still a beginner) and hope to learn some tips from the pros out there as I continue improving :mrgreen:

Some non-anime related stuff, i also play guitar and keyboard proficiently, and am currently learning drums (Come from a big music family). I can sing back-up, altho i'm not all that talented of a singer :oops:. I also enjoy biking and swimming, and also recently just learned how to surf.

Any way, I'm glad to be here at MechaTalk, and i'll see you all on the forums!

SteelTamashii
My personal blog: gusteeltamashii.tumblr.com
Watch Gamers Unrated LIVE on Wednesdays @ 3PM Eastern Time at:
www.royalcrownstudios.com/radio!
Also watch past episodes on YouTube:
www.youtube.com/user/GamersUnratedShow
And follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/gamersunrated
I am a HUcast. To know what you are take the quiz here.
xxstalker

hello guys ... im xxstalker ! just you average mecha nerd
im new dude here .. nice to meet you guys :D

i like mecha as much as i like girl :mrgreen: ... i like old school anime like Mazinger , getter , dougram , votoms or MSG . i like soul of chogokin as well as gunpla