I Went Trans Am.. into a wall.

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
The Big Zabowski

I Went Trans Am.. into a wall.

(Mods, I believe this is mecha/anime related on account of the car, anime such as Initial D and Wangan Midnight, and the dangers of imitating the stunts 'to be cool')

Don't drag race when the weather calls for rain kids.

Those familiar with it, two cars line up at a staging point or 'starting line'.

A series of three yellow lights count down your point to start, known as a 'Christmas Tree' due to it's shape.

The three yellow lights quickly flash down to a green for go.

Well I left on green alright, but for some reason the track's coating of a tacky tar substance (meant to improve traction/grip on your tires) solidified enough to turn into a black ice-like surface. It also had just begun to sprinkle/mist a bit of rain mid run. Thus when my Trans Am tried to go 'Trans Am' in 4th gear to crack a 13 sec 1/4 mile it didn't go as planned.

At 80mph (around 140km/h) I lost traction, crossed from the right lane to the left and impacted the wall going backwards at around 55-60mph at that point (90-100Km/h). Slammed against the wall and slid 40-60 feet in reverse causing quite a spectacle. Yes, if you've ever seen anything like Intial D or Wangan Midnight.. wrecks are just like that.

The resulting carnage can be seen here:

Front Right quarter view
Rear Right quarter view
Cracked aluminum rim illustrating the forces

Again moral of the story: Don't try this at home. Life isn't an anime; you can die.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Arbiter GUNDAM

Re: I Went Trans Am.. into a wall.

You have my condolences sir. That all looks expensive. :cry:
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Strike Zero

Well, shit. I'm glad you decided not to partake in the whole "dying" aspect of the ordeal.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Geoxile

I guess Trans AM still has some bugs to work out eh? At least you made it out ok
Zeonic Glory

I hope you don't get destroyed by the repair bills. Though you could walk away from that incident, thankfully.

At least the paintjob wasn't a more Char-like red.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
The Big Zabowski

Zeonic Glory wrote:I hope you don't get destroyed by the repair bills. Though you could walk away from that incident, thankfully.

At least the paintjob wasn't a more Char-like red.
The more info I get from my body man (You'd think he was Ian Vashti hopping onto the flat bed checking it out), the more it sounds like the car IS A CHAR. You think its dead but suddenly.. it shows up with black headlights calling itself Audi Quattro Bagina..

At times the paint can be a dead ringer for the metallic release MG Zaku finish too.

Probably should add a second LS1 V8 in the trunk and go all "I AM PONTIAC" on the track. Kill a few catgirls in the process.. 8)
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
SNT1

Yeah, I don't think drag racing with an RWD V-8 on a wet surface was a very good idea at all :? Did they give you a rough estimate cost of the damage yet?

Those things like to go sideways with the slightest provocation. Going from an AWD 4pot to a V8 muscle car myself, the experience is quite... different to say the least.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
teslashark

znks, what a pity.
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
duke4799

I don't think drag racing is how Mr Shenburg intended his technology to be used...

In all seriousness, I'm glad you weren't seriously injured. Get that baby fixed up and try her again! Just pay attention to the weather.
Until Next Time: Happy Building!
-Joe
Joe's Gunpla

Want to Buy LM Leo or Taurus from Gundam Wing, built or unbuilt! Willing to pay big!
SonicSP

Glad that you or nobody else got hurt. Car accidents are serious business of life and death. The damage looks expensive but no money can put the price on our life as well as others. I drive a lot as well and I hope I wont get into an accidents, bad stuff just happens randomly and can get you at any time regardless of whether its caused due to driver carelessness or things out of your control.

I assume now that the system has passed, your car is running on reduced performance? 0_o Maybe you can upgrade to a Twin Drive System now..........