Gundam Battle Assault

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
NastyNate

Gundam Battle Assault

Gundam Battle Assault is one of the most deserving of an hd reboot that I know of. The first and second where some of the best fighting games I have ever played. In fact I played them so much, I have yet to find someone who could beat me at them. Online would be so great with this series. I tend to ignore the existance of battle assault 3 like I ignore G savior. It is that bad. Have you played any of these games? What did you think of them? And do they derserve a reboot or what, and what mobile suits would you add and what moves would you give them.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
ydawg314

Re: Gundam Battle Assault

one thing comes to mind
WEALTH AND GLORY TO THE WINNER!

I really like the damagable part systems for these games
this was acutally the inspiration for one of my workinprogresss

razas assault

Bandai made some really good 2d fighting games. one of my favorites is gundam wing endless waltz. I love the music from that game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTEj2LZr ... er&list=UL
sorry for offtopicness but my favorite was always veyeate/merc followed closely by heavyarms

you can click on the players fyi
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee
iKhaotic

Played both of them. Dunno what happened to the first one, but I still have the 2nd in prestine condition :) First one isn't as great as the second, but they're both very fun nonetheless.

Roster was very good back when it came out, especially if you only watch the US Gundam series at the time. You had the 5 main Gundams from Wing and G, then you had some of the side characters, a plethora of UC suits, and some surprises (Hydra Gundam from the G-Unit side story!!!!). Gameplay is amazing, especially the damage system. special attacks were well done, and music was decent for what it is lol. My only complaint was that the enemy AI were sometimes pretty cheap (especially the bosses).

I'd love for the series to get a reboot. But keep it 2D however, with cel shaded graphics. Gameplay wise, I expect them to update it to be a little bit more complex and requires a tad bit more skill. Suit selection wise, oh the possibilities now... SEED, 00, and Unicorn are a must, I'd like to see more representation from side stories however, like SEED Astray, 00F/V, etc. Officially licensed music from the series would be nice, although I doubt it will happen for international releases due to copyright issues. A nice story mode would be nice. And online play is a must nowadays lol.
[Relinquish your pain...unto me...]
[Neither will alone, nor strength alone]
~Sword of the Blue Skies~
InjuredPelican

I played lots of GBA2. My favorite suit was... RX-78 and Epyon were pretty awesome, and Wing Zero was fun to spam with, as was ZZ and Heavy Arms. Too bad Turn A didn't show up...

I also really enjoyed the GBA games, SEED Battle Assault 1 and 2, especially the second. Even though Freedom was undoubtedly the best suit, most of the others were lots of fun. I enjoyed it more than the playstation games because of how much faster it was, and that you could use guns free of ammunition. Also, most of the suits actually used swords, like they should, except for Sword Impulse oddly enough. The music on all of them were pretty catchy.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
ydawg314

the Blitz and gold frame were overpowered in that game (I got bars 8) )
I would always repeat attack missiles horizontal then missile verticle
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee
InjuredPelican

Blast Impulse was real imbalanced. You could launch blast after blast all the way across the screen and kill your opponent in several seconds. It was pretty fun, really. With Freedom I just beam rifle then baleena/railgun combos over and over. I suppose Battle Assault 2 was more balanced than that, with mainly the Dark Gundam being cheap as hell. It could fire unblockable double beams across the entire screen over and over again. I got around 150 kills with him in survival mode.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
Wedge14

Props to ydawg, i always preferred gundam wing endless duel over the two battle assaults. Just personal preference i guess. I remember sanding the tabs off my snes so i could play that game. Really brings back memories. The music rocked, the sprites were big and colourful and it had some decent balance! Really fun to mess around with the classic gundam wing mechs!

Also
Spoiler
CRACKER GRENADE!
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
NastyNate

I think Battle assault 3 is what killed the series. That game was horrible. The second was amazing. It was so cool using the G gundam Suits against the Wing ones. I would love to see a new one and Gundam x and Unicorn would be great to see in it.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

Arsarcana

What was that game anyways? As far as I can tell it didn't get released in Japan and it definitely didn't use the same engine as the previous entries. It probably didn't kill the series in Japan as a result but it sure sticks out like a sore thumb nonetheless.
AmuroNT1

The first two Battle Assaults were Americanized versions of Gundam the Battle Master 2:
-GBA1 removed the Zeta and replaced it with Wing, which was a sprite swap, and gave it an overall plot based off of Wing TV.
-GBA2 added the G Gundam stuff and more Wing/EW stuff, as well as story modes for several characters, while once more removing stuff from Zeta (this was around the original announcement of Zeta's US release, so the popular theory at the time was they wanted to avoid spoilers. GBA2 was later reverse-imported back to Japan as a pair of "Simple Series" games, one focusing on G and one on Wing.

GBA3 was made using the first Playstation 2 Gundam SEED game - which was a 3D action game rather than a straight-up fighter. The additional stuff from G and Wing came directly from Encounters in Space, where they (along with Aile Strike and Aegis) were US exclusives, maybe to make up for the fact that America would never get the DLC from the Japanese version.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
halo1000

AmuroNT1 wrote:The first two Battle Assaults were Americanized versions of Gundam the Battle Master 2:
-GBA1 removed the Zeta and replaced it with Wing, which was a sprite swap, and gave it an overall plot based off of Wing TV.
Didn't the first one have the Hamma Hamma replaced with the Wing? I have an english copy with both the Wing and Zeta Gundams...
AmuroNT1

Or, they replaced the Hamma-Hamma and my memory, as usual, sucks.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

InjuredPelican

Too bad they removed the Zeta suits from GBA2. I would not be so familiar with them then, but they were likely still lots of fun. Playing with Full Armor ZZ was tons of fun even though I hadn't seen that series yet. (Still haven't actually).
-Loran Cehack
NastyNate

I have been playing Battle assualt 1 again lately and boy where these toons great. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLQPaoho ... ideo_title

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQUrNuq0 ... ure=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ursiq3zm ... ure=relmfu

I don't know why they took those out of the second game. The first two where just such solid fighting games, and a unique experience that only they could offer. Why can't japan quit making all of these remake of the same psp game and give us Gundam Battle Assault 4?

halo1000

NastyNate wrote:I have been playing Battle assualt 1 again lately and boy where these toons great. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLQPaoho ... ideo_title

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQUrNuq0 ... ure=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ursiq3zm ... ure=relmfu

I don't know why they took those out of the second game. The first two where just such solid fighting games, and a unique experience that only they could offer. Why can't japan quit making all of these remake of the same psp game and give us Gundam Battle Assault 4?
Excellent soundtrack for that game, I was impressed with how they put the soundtrack on the disc with the ability to get it off there with something like itunes, as such I now run the soundtrack to GBA through my xbox while playing DWG2...
yazi88

Hygogg was a guilty pleasure MS for me in Battle Assault 2.
InjuredPelican

yazi88 wrote:Hygogg was a guilty pleasure MS for me in Battle Assault 2.
He was cool, cause he was like a high speed version of Dhalsim, plus missiles and machine guns. Now I miss that guy... Plus you could have rivalry matches between Hygogg and Acguy, to prove who's the better amphibious Zeon suit. Acguy was really freakin fast and a combo nut in that game. Lots of fun for such a goofy looking MS.
-Loran Cehack
Bonesy!

Zeta, Qubeley, The-O, and Hamma Hamma are actually in the game (GBA 2) but you'll need a gameshark to play as them.
-Suit Modifier Code for Player 1:
800DF844 00xx

-Suit Modifier Code for Player 2:
800DF85E 00xx

0F: Qubeley
10: Hamma Hamma
06: The-O
0D: Zeta Gundam
InjuredPelican

Its odd that they would just cut out suits that are already programmed into the game. Quebely and Zeta would've been particularly nice to play as.
-Loran Cehack
AmuroNT1

If the old legends are correct, the Zeta stuff was removed because it was intended that Zeta come out around that time and they didn't want to spoil anything.