Best of April Fools Mecha Edition

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Kuraudo

Best of April Fools Mecha Edition

Anyone come across any interesting April Fools jokes for mecha?

Thought I'd share the following one. The poor Press Release site it was uploaded to must not be taken very seriously -

Live Action Gundam Wing Announced:
http://www.prfire.co.uk/press-release/l ... 50024.html

Highlights:
Following the success of Beez's Anime Legends release of the Gundam Wing series, it has been announced that Sunrise Studios and creator Katsuyuki Sumizawa are looking to revive the Gundam Wing legacy with a live action adaptation, utilising some of the big names in Hollywood at the moment.
Oh God, can you only imagine?

Casting call:
Zac Efron as Heero Yuy, Daniel Radcliffe as Duo Maxwell, Jason Dohring as Trowa Barton, Alex Pettyfer as Quatre Raberba Winner and Harry Shum Jr. as Wufei Chang.
I smell summer blockbuster, they should make it happen.
Vent Noir

Re: Best of April Fools Mecha Edition

We didn't get around to actually making the announcement, but some of the people at Manifest down here in Oz wanted to announce our guests for this year: Hajime Yadate and Gabriella Robin.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
teslashark

Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
chronicwhimsy

Kuraudo wrote:Anyone come across any interesting April Fools jokes for mecha?

Thought I'd share the following one. The poor Press Release site it was uploaded to must not be taken very seriously -

Live Action Gundam Wing Announced:
http://www.prfire.co.uk/press-release/l ... 50024.html

Highlights:
Following the success of Beez's Anime Legends release of the Gundam Wing series, it has been announced that Sunrise Studios and creator Katsuyuki Sumizawa are looking to revive the Gundam Wing legacy with a live action adaptation, utilising some of the big names in Hollywood at the moment.
Oh God, can you only imagine?

Casting call:
Zac Efron as Heero Yuy, Daniel Radcliffe as Duo Maxwell, Jason Dohring as Trowa Barton, Alex Pettyfer as Quatre Raberba Winner and Harry Shum Jr. as Wufei Chang.
I smell summer blockbuster, they should make it happen.

I'm glad you liked it! I'm the one who wrote it, and I'm surprised so many people took it seriously!

I've got promotional pictures over on our blog too! http://mangamarket.wordpress.com/2011/0 ... announced/

I spent ages matching actors to pictures! :D
Kuraudo

That's genius! That poor press release site though, haha.
1-4-4

With that Gundam Wing thing, it's like... if it were a Japanese production they would've used more Japanese actors. If it were an American production they wouldn't have cast a (ethnically-speaking) Chinese guy for the part of a Chinese character. (I'm looking at you, Chun Li movie)

And that Gundam Unicorn Zakurello thing is just silly... They didn't even try to make it look like something that would actually appear in Unicorn.
Raiden

1-4-4 wrote:With that Gundam Wing thing, it's like... if it were a Japanese production they would've used more Japanese actors. If it were an American production they wouldn't have cast a (ethnically-speaking) Chinese guy for the part of a Chinese character. (I'm looking at you, Chun Li movie)
Not defending the horrible movie, but you do know that Kristen Kreuk is half chinese right? XD

Got a nice chuckle out of this. But eh when will people ever learn not to trust anything thats spreaded on April 1st...
jabman025

well I uploaded it on April 1st, because even thought its really to just to silly to be reviewed any other day of the year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQnrFLtcRVk
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025
Dark Duel

chronicwhimsy wrote:I've got promotional pictures over on our blog too! http://mangamarket.wordpress.com/2011/0 ... announced/

I spent ages matching actors to pictures! :D
I've never heard of any of these guys except Radcliffe, but they're still pretty good matches.
Oh, and I LOL'd at this comment someone posted on your blog:
LOL’d.
Some interesting “casting choices” there, though I personally think Pettyfer’s not pretty enough to play Quatre. Though I doubt there’s a human on the planet who would be :P
So, so true.

Now the really interesting question: Have you given any thought to "casting" some of the other characters, like Treize, Relena or Dorothy? I've been wondering since I read this a couple of days ago, but I'm drawing a blank. Though I think Jonathan Hurt would be brilliant as Duke Dermail (or, if we're gonna stray into EW, Dekim Barton).
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
chronicwhimsy

I have been having a ponder. I put a note at the bottom of the post saying Amanda Bynes for Relena (and I think she'd be really good!), and Ryan Eggold as Treize! :)

Emma Stone would probably make a good Dorothy, if she went blonde. She's got the lovely dark eyebrows, and her face shape really fits.

Alan Rickman would probably make a good Tsubarov... And Jim Broadbent would be good as Duke Dermail!
Dark Duel

Oh, Alan Rickman is PERFECT for Tubarov. Jim Broadbent I can definitely see as Dermail, although Dermail's kind of more mean-looking.
Jonathan Hurt actually, now I think about it, would be perfect as Quinze. Or, like I said before, Dekim Barton - but I dunno if we're counting Endless Waltz.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."